Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to improve my war build?

VegasPrime

Question

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum, and I came to get help from you!

So I hardly farmed platinums from trades to get the Hunhow's Gift bundle, and I must say that I don't regret it, however every time I see people talking about how great the war is, but I'm not always able to one shot level 50 enemies (although i kill pretty much everything with one of the stance combo)

So I was wondering where did I go so wrong with my build? (I've seen a video where some guy one shotted every enemies with his Kohm in T4 Survival, so why wouldn't my war do that?)

1463074542-war.png

I hope you Tenno can help me!

Thanks a lot!

17 answers to this question

Well you can't compare the damage between a primary weapon and melee. Here's my general War build if you're interested (Blood Rush+Body Count build not shown assuming OP doesn't have it). War is a crit weapon so it's suitable for a crit build.

CJZMivH.jpg

Mind you Level 50 T4 enemies are tough and relatively difficult to take down, unless of course you have damage buff abilities and using Cleaving Whirlwind's spin2win attack.

And you oughta consider taking out Spoiled Strike, War's slow enough as it is.

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS
Clarify type of build

This is my general war build, I swap the elemental combo around sometimes, but this is usually what I run it with.

Spoiler

GvZ7zeK.jpg

If you don't have Blood Rush or Body Count(get them), you can swap them out for a second elemental combo or put Fury and a physical damage mod like Collision Force or Primed Heavy Trauma in. If you are having trouble keeping your health up, swap out the True Steel for Life Strike, you can also swap out Organ Shatter, but I don't recommend it as you'll do far less damage.

These builds are decent but still not top-tier, I run; 

• Primed Heavy Trauma
  • Shocking Touch
  • Fever Strike
  • Berserker
  • Organ Shatter
  • Body Count
  • Blood Rush
  • Pressure point

All maxed of course, putting +status on this weapon is a mistake imo, I build raw damage.
Let's say I want to kill a level 110 Bombard, I can always hit him with a couple of quick shots from my vaykor hek with corrosive and then hit him with the war's quick strikes for a 4 hit kill.
The most important mod you need though; tempo royale. Cleaving whirlwind looks great on paper but the slow movement will get you killed and killed and killed again.

Edit : I don't know why people are putting true steel on this weapon; with the 15% bonus or higher from a naramon focus it will be red critting after only 130 hits.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19O3f6V2Oc6BVJ6PTj2BkNj8fnlAn-FtHulpHaYwG7nA/edit#gid=1248434202
^^ Blood rush calculations.

Edited by T7Alpha
Clarity

All right, thanks guys, I didn't know that Blood Rush & Body Count was ok for the war, my friend does it with his nikana prime (I gave him the body count mod), i will follow your precious advices!

I dont have every mods you listed, gotta farm platinums again i guess!

1 minute ago, VegasPrime said:

All right, thanks guys, I didn't know that Blood Rush & Body Count was ok for the war, my friend does it with his nikana prime (I gave him the body count mod), i will follow your precious advices!

I dont have every mods you listed, gotta farm platinums again i guess!

All of those mods are farmable excluding primed heavy trauma, which is easily supplemented with Focus energy for improved channeling and body count, which well... you gave away :D.

6 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

I don't know why people are putting true steel on this weapon; with the 15% bonus or higher from a naramon focus it will be red critting after only 130 hits.

Lots of people have different preferred focuses, don't have Naramon trees unlocked, or just have different methods for their goal in mind.

I use Zenurik most of the time, personally.

6 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Lots of people have different preferred focuses, don't have Naramon trees unlocked, or just have different methods for their goal in mind.

I use Zenurik most of the time, personally.

I do also, but not when I want to do high level melee :P.

15 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

Edit : I don't know why people are putting true steel on this weapon; with the 15% bonus or higher from a naramon focus it will be red critting after only 130 hits.

You oughta take into consideration that some people don't run Naramon nor do they have Blood Rush+Body Count since those two mods only drop from the Acolytes that have yet to return.

Hence general crit build for every crit melee.

5 minutes ago, YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS said:

You oughta take into consideration that some people don't run Naramon nor do they have Blood Rush+Body Count since those two mods only drop from the Acolytes that have yet to return.

Hence general crit build for every crit melee.

Blood Rush actually drops from orokin moon spy missions :) but yeah; I meant more resources-allowing.

Still I think that it's not wise to have the players to get good mods only on certain events, we're not even sure if they're coming back :(

It's not nice to new players that didn't do it coz they weren't playing imo, at least for mandatory mods like Body Count

But i'm not here to complain :D I still have the 2nd dream to complete (I wanted to scan the stalker before doing it) so i'm not yet at the focuses (dont know which to choose)

Thanks for the help anyway!

7 hours ago, VegasPrime said:

Hello again, sorry to update this post, but it's to avoid creating another one!

I would like to know how do you build your rakta cernos, if you have it? Thanks!

Here ya go, my 0x forma build. Because the fire rate was already ridiculously fast without mods, I avoided Speed Trigger and Vile Acceleration and went right ahead to slap on the damage, crit, and dual-stat mods. Build works fine against Grineer and Corpus, switch to Corrosive+Blast for Infested. 0xzLNww.jpg

Inb4 players go "Ermagerd build is horrible u castule take dis instead", playstyle varies from player to player so you can experiment your own builds ;)

My build is: Fury, Pressure Point, Primed Reach(rank 7 atm. don't have cores), True Steel,

Spoiled Strike, Collision Force, Heavy Trauma(don't have the prime sadly) and Organ Shatter.

Works pretty nicely but I think I should replace Heavy trauma for the primed mod if I ever get my hands on it.