Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus (yes, another thread)

(XBOX)red panda 10123

Question

So I recently completed 2nd Dream and received a focus lens. However, I didn't install/apply the lens. I was able to acquire a different lens via trade. I've been waiting to install/apply either because: A) they aren't the most popular schools B) focus system rework 'in progress' C) I still haven't completed the star chart, all quests, etc.

Other than missing out on gaining any focus points, is there any reason to put focus into practice (considering I've still got plenty of content to keep me busy)?

I could start running sorties or trading until I acquire the Zen/Nar lenses. I like trying different things and not rushing right into the meta or 'end-game'. 

Just kind of looking for a little direction/opinions.

8 answers to this question

There's no Focus rework "in progress" at the moment. It's a living system and will change several times and probably see countless small tweaks until they settle on something they and the community like, nothing is known about when meaningful large changes will happen short of eventually. There's no reason not to start gaining focus as you play right now, so lens something you've maxed, have forma'd to a comfortable level, and use often and start earning points. You can unlock all schools and accumulate focus points in more than one at a time, or stack multiple lenses toward a single school for greater gain.

Edited by Wolfglaive

If you've got something that you use that wont need any more Forma then you might as well pop a lens in and find out how the average rate of gain is and what Convergence is like in missions and then be able to provide feedback with experience. 

The whole point of Focus was to give a purpose to Affinity gained on maxed items so if you have a maxed item, you might as well stop wasting that affinity.  Plus I see it as a bonus that you have lens that aren't much cared for as it means you can test the water without regretting it if you don't think you used it on the right thing later.  Why care if it isn't an important one?  Also, if those schools get buffed and become desirable, you'll have a head start! 

The only reason I can see not to give it a shot is if you haven't settled on a frame or weapon that you will regularly use yet.

11 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The only reason I can see not to give it a shot is if you haven't settled on a frame or weapon that you will regularly use yet.

that's the kicker 

I probably use each of the frames I own daily. I guess, I'll start pumping a few forma into my items and further increase my inventory leading into U19.

It seems, I've got so many things to do, I sometimes think I might be missing something fundamental. 

Edited by (XB1)UndeckedDuck737

Focus is gained REALLY, REALLY slowly in "regular" play. I suppose that you could quickly farm focus if you wanted to, but when you're grinding stuff (speed running bosses or void/vault runs, etc), the focus gain is really minimal.

I used both of my lenses immediately to not waste any affinity, and oh boy is it going to take a while to open up the other path ^.^;

5 hours ago, Tomppak said:

Focus is gained REALLY, REALLY slowly in "regular" play. I suppose that you could quickly farm focus if you wanted to, but when you're grinding stuff (speed running bosses or void/vault runs, etc), the focus gain is really minimal.

I used both of my lenses immediately to not waste any affinity, and oh boy is it going to take a while to open up the other path ^.^;

Yeah 800 per mission is pretty terrible but a good draco run with frame and wep lens = 16k focus for 2 waves.
Double that with an affinity booster.

Edited by T7Alpha