Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why my wepons not leveling up in draco when i kill 1k enemy in 1 round

eziowar3

Question

when i play as a buffer or ev in draco i can make a 0 lvl wepon to max in just 1 round without killing anyone, but when i use saryn in draco and kills 1k enemy in 1 round but my wepon only gets 5 or 6 lvl up. i thought 1k killing will give more xp to weapons instead its doing opposite. why is it happening? Is it a bug? my saryn has a focus lens installed, is it happening because of this? is my all xp converting to focus instead lvling up weapon?

14 answers to this question

Just now, eziowar3 said:

killing them with powers when using saryn, but i dunn think that matters cause when i play as buffer or ev i dunn even kill a single enemy still i max out a weapon from lvl0 in 1 round.

That's because radiant exp from the people doing the killing.

If you kill something with warframe powers 100% of the exp goes to your frame, when you kill something with a weapon 50% of the exp goes to the frame, and 50% goes to the weapon in question.  None of it goes to your other weapons.

When a team-mate kills something, 100% of the affinity is shared with you.  25% of it goes to your frame, the remaining 75% is split amongst all of your other equiped weapons. if you have 3 weps equiped (melee, secondary, and primary) each gets 25% of the exp, if you have only 2 equiped, they each get 37.5%, if only one is equipped, it gets 75% of the affinity from allied kills.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Warframe ability kills send 100% of the affinity to your warframe and will not level a weapon.

ALLIED KILLS are divided up among all your gear and frame, so OTHER PEOPLE using abilities can send your weapons affinity, but not your own ability kills.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity#Acquisition

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

• Kill an enemy. Each enemy grants a specific amount of Affinity. If killed with a Warframe ability, all of the Affinity goes to the Warframe. If killed with a weapon, half goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.

Edited by VKhaun

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

Were you killing them with your weapons in question or with powers?

killing them with powers when using saryn, but i dunn think that matters cause when i play as buffer or ev i dunn even kill a single enemy still i max out a weapon from lvl0 in 1 round.

1 hour ago, eziowar3 said:

thanx guys, lol that so weird, my weapons gets xp when others kill but cant get xp when i kill by power, this should be modified.

No, it shouldn't. If it was, then Draco spam would become even worse, and leveling would degrade to spamming an ability while hiding in a corner. Abilities are powerful; that's why they don't level weapons, as the potential to mass-kill with abilities is so much higher.

I agree that the affinity system is flawed. As it is currently, it promotes "leeching" to gain the most affinity while being able to contribute the least to a team. Affinity needs an overhaul, it's awful.

I did not know this.  I thought my secondary gained XP from my primary kills and vice versa.

It makes no sense to me that my secondary gets better from an ally's kill but not from my own usage of my primary. Even if that to is a bit bonkers, but hey gamelogics.

This system punishes soloplay and powerusage, wich I'm guessing is a good move to promote team play. It does however give gasoline to the Elite vs leech fire that is allways burning in GD.

On 14/05/2016 at 4:35 PM, Zachatoo said:

I agree that the affinity system is flawed. As it is currently, it promotes "leeching" to gain the most affinity while being able to contribute the least to a team. Affinity needs an overhaul, it's awful.

It's not flawed. It's fine. He went to Draco as the only damage dealer via his frame. If anything. It's his fault. Most people know this. They're mainly there for focus/rep not for exp.

2 hours ago, Husla said:

It's not flawed. It's fine. He went to Draco as the only damage dealer via his frame. If anything. It's his fault. Most people know this. They're mainly there for focus/rep not for exp.

I don't see how it's fine that because he contributed to his team he doesn't deserve to get exp. That doesn't make sense whatsoever.

9 hours ago, Zachatoo said:

I don't see how it's fine that because he contributed to his team he doesn't deserve to get exp. That doesn't make sense whatsoever.

There is a difference between not getting anything and not getting what you want. If they were aware of the mechanics they wouldn't be wondering why this happened. They brought a frame and participated in a group set up that wasn't going to give them what they wanted.

This is just a situation of not bringing the right tools for the job. Which goes back to understanding how the game works and making relevant choices to get desired results. You don't bring a Trinity in a group and complain about not topping the damage dealt chart as Trinity. Or if you do, you do so because you don't understand the frames role. That isn't a problem with the game, that is a problem with the player.

Edited by Wopel

5 hours ago, Wopel said:

-snip-

Doesn't change the fact that affinity distribution is flawed. If I choose a supportive role such as Trinity instead of an offensive role such as Saryn I'm able to rank up my weapons much faster. Gaining affinity for my weapons shouldn't be boosted or limited by the role I choose to play.

8 hours ago, Zachatoo said:

Doesn't change the fact that affinity distribution is flawed. If I choose a supportive role such as Trinity instead of an offensive role such as Saryn I'm able to rank up my weapons much faster. Gaining affinity for my weapons shouldn't be boosted or limited by the role I choose to play.

A system is  always flawed, you just need to learn how to make it work for you. No matter what tweaks or changes there will always be a "best" way for it to work or to take advantage of it. Not to mention is magnitudes better than it was. As for limitations on what role to choose to play, Draco is pressing things to the extreme so it isn't your role that is being limited in the game... it is a singular map with a very specific playstyle that doesn't really occur anywhere else in the game. You are choosing to play that way on that map, YOUR choice to do things that way. Bypassing the intended playstyle of the game. Own your choices instead of crying about it.

Or whine, that apparently works on the internet.

Edited by Wopel

45 minutes ago, Wopel said:

A system is  always flawed, you just need to learn how to make it work for you. No matter what tweaks or changes there will always be a "best" way for it to work or to take advantage of it.

I'm not whining, I'm providing feedback about a system I feel isn't up to par. Just because a system isn't or cannot be perfected doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for the best we can do.

I completely agree that the "H Draco LF EV" setups is not the same as the vast majority of the game, even so, supportive frames will gain more weapon affinity than offensive frames. I'd like to see it a bit more balanced. Perhaps this is the wrong thread to discuss this.