The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

I dunno what the problem is with this.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

As against this idea as I am, we do have those 2 guards at the end of the war within trailer.

This is relevant.

Another thing, with the chinese frames, they are based off of chinese figures. I feel like a supporty-Budai warframe could work.

As for Atlas, he's based on boxing and such, so a sumo frame isn't too far out of the picture.

48 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Are you afraid that adding a chubby warframe would encourage skiny people to get fat? Or even chubby people to get even more chubby? I respect that you are not happy with your current condition and that you are irritated by this idea because it promotes what you are trying to escape from, but I do not support the idea of "no mercy for the undeserving" My empathy forbids me from not giving an extra sausage to a man who had too many.

And I wouldn't diss others because they do not follow my way.

I don't understand why you're making assumptions about people now.

This makes it harder for you to be taken seriously.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

How about making a frame which ability is to grow bigger or bulk up. For dishing out more damage or damage reduction. That would be cool. 

First thought - "Ballooon!" from old Karnov game.

8 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

I dunno what the problem is with this.

This is relevant.

Another thing, with the chinese frames, they are based off of chinese figures. I feel like a supporty-Budai warframe could work.

As for Atlas, he's based on boxing and such, so a sumo frame isn't too far out of the picture.

If you read throught some of the answers you'll find out that the perfectly justified and uterly reasonable responses are wraped around the idea that fat or sumo is stupid or too ugly for warframe.

I don't want this to sound like you've won me over, because you haven't and your arguments are somehow getting worse.

But now that I think about it, I'd like a frame themed around heavy weapons.  As in every limb is like six miniguns taped together and the torso has a dozen cannons.  A frame centered around the concept of "use more gun."  I'd totally get behind a oversized humanoid tank bristling with weapons from every nook and cranny.

That said, I'm not sure where you expected this thread to go in the first place.  Anything along the lines of "We need X demographic" is inherently loaded.  A better approach would be something like "Here's an idea for a Frame with a theme that requires it to be oversized" like the Sumo or Buddha theme that's been mentioned a few times.  Then, any outright objections would be seen as rude rather than sensible, and the conversation could proceed in a productive manner toward designing an interesting frame that fits with the rest of the game, and also happens to be large.  Instead, you made a thread that was destined to devolve into bickering due to the way it was presented.

Spoiled for slightly off-topic and potentially inflammatory rambling:

Spoiler

Y'know, I've never understood why equal representation causes such a fuss, considering most of the time the distinction was irrelevant and how including a token minority character is really not fixing anything.  For example, the only time I've personally seen gay or bi characters done well was either when it's an important part of the story/their character (Persona) or nobody gives a toss about orientation in the first place and gay characters just are. (Stardew Valley, Skyrim, Rogue Legacy, etc.)  They aren't "The Gay/Bi Character," they're a character on their own and "gay/bi" just happens to be on their character sheet.  Same for "The Girl Character," "The Black Character," or "The Fat Character:"  They should really be "The Character" who also happens to be female/black/overweight.

No it doesn't.

I'm fine with overweight stuff, but in this case it objectively makes no sense, because warframes are tools meant for mobility.

I think you mean 'I think there should be more chubby operators' or something like that.

1 hour ago, Deshiel said:

Are you afraid that adding a chubby warframe would encourage skiny people to get fat? Or even chubby people to get even more chubby? I respect that you are not happy with your current condition and that you are irritated by this idea because it promotes what you are trying to escape from, but I do not support the idea of "no mercy for the undeserving" My empathy forbids me from not giving an extra sausage to a man who had too many.

And I wouldn't diss others because they do not follow my way.

Wew lad, you are serious too arent you? You really expect ANYONE here to take you seriously? 

13 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

And then you make an assumption about me not wanting to have a "fat" warframe.

(I do)

You just made an assumption that I would make an assumption. :D But yeah I would assume something. But not what you are thinking. :)

17 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

That said, I'm not sure where you expected this thread to go in the first place.  Anything along the lines of "We need X demographic" is inherently loaded.  A better approach would be something like "Here's an idea for a Frame with a theme that requires it to be oversized" like the Sumo or Buddha theme that's been mentioned a few times.  Then, any outright objections would be seen as rude rather than sensible, and the conversation could proceed in a productive manner toward designing an interesting frame that fits with the rest of the game, and also happens to be large.  Instead, you made a thread that was destined to devolve into bickering due to the way it was presented.

Spoiled for slightly off-topic and potentially inflammatory rambling:

Reveal hidden contents

Y'know, I've never understood why equal representation causes such a fuss, considering most of the time the distinction was irrelevant and how including a token minority character is really not fixing anything.  For example, the only time I've personally seen gay or bi characters done well was either when it's an important part of the story/their character (Persona) or nobody gives a toss about orientation in the first place and gay characters just are. (Stardew Valley, Skyrim, Rogue Legacy, etc.)  They aren't "The Gay/Bi Character," they're a character on their own and "gay/bi" just happens to be on their character sheet.  Same for "The Girl Character," "The Black Character," or "The Fat Character:"  They should really be "The Character" who also happens to be female/black/overweight.

Nothing that has transpired or have been written here has ever derailed from my expectations. I reap what I sow and I wait for those who "see what I did there"

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

You just made an assumption that I would make an assumption. :D But yeah I would assume something. But not what you are thinking. :)

Nothing that has transpired or have been written here has ever derailed from my expectations. I reap what I sow and I wait for those who "see what I did there"

Deshiel. Seriously. What have you accomplished?

Don't tell me this was a just entirely an attention seeking act.

Just now, IANOBW said:

Deshiel. Seriously. What have you accomplished?

Don't tell me this was a just entirely an attention seeking act.

"See what I did there" has many ways of use in context. In this case. "See my way of thinking and what I want"

But what actualy happened was that I posted an idea and got stomped and largely misunderstood  

Just now, Deshiel said:

"See what I did there" has many ways of use in context. In this case. "See my way of thinking and what I want"

But what actualy happened was that I posted an idea and got stomped and largely misunderstood  

You honestly had me worried for a second there - if you'd pulled the old "it's just a prank, bro" or "hah, you've all been baited/trolled", you'd have been had at the stake.

It happens. I'm sorry this kinda bombed for you, even though I don't like your suggestion either. Maybe had you thought this through a little more, with a specific design in mind other than posting a comic-book asgardian-esque character this could have gone better. You're arguements in your favour are lacking in substance, I'm afraid.

But hey, you seem to have taken this really well. It's surprising actually, given the amount of criticism dished out, some of it which I think was rather unnecessary and over-the-top.

Just now, IANOBW said:

You honestly had me worried for a second there - if you'd pulled the old "it's just a prank, bro" or "hah, you've all been baited/trolled", you'd have been had at the stake.

It happens. I'm sorry this kinda bombed for you, even though I don't like your suggestion either. Maybe had you thought this through a little more, with a specific design in mind other than posting a comic-book asgardian-esque character this could have gone better. You're arguements in your favour are lacking in substance, I'm afraid.

But hey, you seem to have taken this really well. It's surprising actually, given the amount of criticism dished out, some of it which I think was rather unnecessary and over-the-top.

I worked as a customer service representative. People tend to voice thier desire to wipe out your entire family just because the TV you provided didn't work when they wanted to watch Game of Thrones.

You are right. My idea definitely needed more time to dish out properly, but given how bad it was from the start. I just decided to let it go because in my experience regarding the general forums. No matter the OP, people mostly react to the top five comments below and if they see a comment with a major number of upvotes (they focus on that instead), they won't care if you edited your OP with better content or wrote a reasonable explanation somewhere in the pages.

5 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I worked as a customer service representative. People tend to voice thier desire to wipe out your entire family just because the TV you provided didn't work when they wanted to watch Game of Thrones.

You are right. My idea definitely needed more time to dish out properly, but given how bad it was from the start. I just decided to let it go because in my experience regarding the general forums. No matter the OP, people mostly react to the top five comments below and if they see a comment with a major number of upvotes (they focus on that instead), they won't care if you edited your OP with better content or wrote a reasonable explanation somewhere in the pages.

Well. You can't fight mob mentality for sure, but the way you ended your post, presented some kind of conflict.

You could have just presented the idea as having a "bad &#! drunk frame who fat rolls his enemies" - because I hardly see how this could irk someone in anyway, considering we're all playing video games on the internet.

iKcPGYb.jpg

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

Heh. I suppose with enough training you learn how to block out the white noise (i.e. all the pointless one-liners about tumblr and non-constructive criticism in this thread, which I was originally a part of, I'll admit). People do tend to bandwagon and stick to what seems the most popular; it's natural. They also tend to blow things out of proportion (I'm sure there's a joke in there). But I think you're right - this was doomed from the get-go.

I'm not one to tell people to give up. In fact, I hate that attitude. But I think it's time to shut this thread down. It's already festering with copy-paste poorly written attempt-at-wit comments that I'm sure you could smell from the Feedback subforum. Nothing is progressing. It's just slowly burning now, and it will die out as threads do, but it's still a slow burn.

20 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Well. You can't fight mob mentality for sure, but the way you ended your post, presented some kind of conflict.

You could have just presented the idea as having a "bad &#! drunk frame who fat rolls his enemies" - because I hardly see how this could irk someone in anyway, considering we're all playing video games on the internet.

Reveal hidden contents

iKcPGYb.jpg

Exactly- A fat frame isn't something I personally want because "equal representation," I, personally, just find it to be something that has plenty of cool possibilities or themes that could work really well, or be fun to play.

I wouldn't mind bulky warframes like Rhino, Chroma, Frost, Banshee (the skin), but I don't see myself using an amorphous fat frame, why? Because A) I don't want to play with something uglier than the infested and B) it wouldn't fit with the general aesthetics of all the other warframes. 

But then again, if there's a way to make an actual design of a warframe that can be cataloged as "Fat" that looks good and goes with a theme, then why not? 

Edited by Lokime

1 hour ago, Lokime said:

I wouldn't mind bulky warframes like Rhino, Chroma, Frost, Banshee (the skin), but I don't see myself using an amorphous fat frame, why? Because A) I don't want to play with something uglier than the infested and B) it wouldn't fit with the general aesthetics of all the other warframes. 

But then again, if there's a way to make an actual design of a warframe that can be cataloged as "Fat" that looks good and goes with a theme, then why not? 

I am sure that it can be done. When you stop imagining a giant meaty blob with tiny legs and arms :)