The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

3 hours ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I'm surprised this thread hasn't de-railed/locked.

It's getting close. So here, is a friendly warning for all present; Like the idea or hate it, there is no room for uncivil behavior on the forums. Keep it civil, keep it constructive, or don't post.

On the topic of being constructive, I took the idea of a larger Warframe to come up with a personal 'challange accepted' to make a bulky, lumbering alternative, while maintaining the theme (I think) as well as combat usefulness.

So here we go. Sumo Gunboat 'Frame:

SumoGunboat_zpsxbqhmvxe.png

7 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

It's getting close. So here, is a friendly warning for all present; Like the idea or hate it, there is no room for uncivil behavior on the forums. Keep it civil, keep it constructive, or don't post.

On the topic of being constructive, I took the idea of a larger Warframe to come up with a personal 'challange accepted' to make a bulky, lumbering alternative, while maintaining the theme (I think) as well as combat usefulness.

....I want it.

Bear can I have it? This needs to be a thing. Please? I'll hug you at Tennocon (which will probably happen anyhow).

41 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

If its missiles home on enemies like the archwings, I'm so down for this.

1 hour ago, SilverBones said:

Sumo based? Atlas kinda already fits that.

Also Sumo wrestlers aren't even fat, they are mostly muscle. Bulky dense muscle but still muscle.

Call a Sumo fat and well.. Ever seen Rhino's charge attack?

5 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Warframe are machines. They dont represent anything.

Actually, they do. If they didn't then they wouldn't have different shapes thus all being slim, all would look male and probably look like a typical orokin soldier. They either represent different Orokin geniuses, soldiers or the first people who was going to use that frame.

That or you're right and the Orokin were bored of regular Orokin soldier appearances.

On another note, "fat" warframes won't happen. Bulky warframes are a whole other story.

On 5/16/2016 at 5:53 PM, Xentoshi said:

A fat frame? How would you explain that? "This warframe ate too much and has gained so much mass that it has his own gravitational pull and each step is accompanied by a quake and a musical tuba!"

Sumo wrestlers say, "Hi". They're also quite agile and trained to be so as an Art. Besides in space nothing is fat anyway, 300lb guy drops like a feather in low gravity, anyway.

I personally don't prefer big frames (especially after what happened in WoW with characters looking like Arnold and all), but some people are big naturally (my dad is 6'6" and agile enough to be career military). So, big =/= fat.

16 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Sumo wrestlers say, "Hi". They're also quite agile and trained to be so as an Art. Besides in space nothing is fat anyway, 300lb guy drops like a feather in low gravity, anyway.

I personally don't prefer big frames (especially after what happened in WoW with characters looking like Arnold and all), but some people are big naturally (my dad is 6'6" and agile enough to be career military). So, big =/= fat.

Sumo's aren't fat though, they are mostly all muscle. Just their training is ment to build mass, they are still rather agile for their size though.... But we already have Rhino and Atlas as our big bulky frames.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Sumo's aren't fat though, they are mostly all muscle. Just their training is ment to build mass, they are still rather agile for their size though.... But we already have Rhino and Atlas as our big bulky frames.

No females, though. But I wonder if this game is about Western or Eastern mores, or stereotypes. As my Japanese mom was quite stocky, not anime schoolgirl stuff.

8 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

No females, though. But I wonder if this game is about Western or Eastern mores, or stereotypes. As my Japanese mom was quite stocky, not anime schoolgirl stuff.

Even my mother was stocky, but that was after she had my sister and myself.

But there are some body shapes we won't see simply because all frames are essentially the same height due to there being a universal skeleton for them so everything fits.

13 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Even my mother was stocky, but that was after she had my sister and myself.

But there are some body shapes we won't see simply because all frames are essentially the same height due to there being a universal skeleton for them so everything fits.

My mom was always stocky. Comes from planting rice since six years-old with an back so strong she could carry a grown fat guy, even. Skinny frames would've never survived. Either they actually worked or starved to death in those days.

Just saying.

52 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

My mom was always stocky. Comes from planting rice since six years-old with an back so strong she could carry a grown fat guy, even. Skinny frames would've never survived. Either they actually worked or starved to death in those days.

Just saying.

I'm 6'3" and fairly skinny, but I could pick up and carry around my 450lb room mate without an issue.

We're just sorta built to do that.

17 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I'm 6'3" and fairly skinny, but I could pick up and carry around my 450lb room mate without an issue.

We're just sorta built to do that.

As my mom was. XD

Times were much different then. It wasn't an anime life. Preserve or die. Besides, the body imagery of boys today, wasn't the same then, either. ^-^

9 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

As my mom was. XD

Times were much different then. It wasn't an anime life. Preserve or die. Besides, the body imagery of boys today, wasn't the same then, either. ^-^

Well my mother is 5'2" so it's rather funny seeing her next to me.

But your and my mother both could lift a heavier person easier then me, just the nature of physics and our makeup. Longer limbs mean more energy  is needed to lift greater weights as there is more muscle to be powered, plus the further extension.

(Oh and I'm not male =p)

5 hours ago, SilverBones said:

Thanks man this is great.