Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Night Blue Pigment - Vay Hek Terra Frame

Sultan_The_Ruler

Question

16 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Keep in mind that sometimes it bugs out and drops nothing. Did you get at least a mod and neurodes from him?

He dropped nothing

32 minutes ago, Hman745 said:

It should always drop one. Do you have the Night Blue pigment selected for research in the dojo?

33 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Make sure that it's your active pigment research. I had it drop regularly, but I farmed it during a bonus resource weekend.

It is the active research

Just now, Sultan_The_Ruler said:

He dropped nothing

Well, then it's exactly the bug which plagued me when I was farming him. Try and make sure that you kill him on stable terrain, that at least minimizes the risk of loot going *poof* but even then you aren't 100% safe.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:23 PM, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

When my clan farmed him for pigments, we had multiple runs where he didn't drop any pigment.  We also had runs where we found pigment on the other side of the arena from where he died.  It seems rather buggy.

I am using Mag with GP and I get nothing still. I do not know why DE won't fix it.

Edited by Sultan_The_Ruler

On 5/16/2016 at 6:46 PM, (PS4)EnormeMostro said:

I don't know it's bug or not, but I can't farm anything from him if I'm solo. You can try play with others like me.

Also, make sure you kill his final form by Bo Prime

Sorry for making fun of what you said between me and my friends, but I finally gave-up and tried to kill him in his final form with a Bo Prime, he did drop the pigments. Only the host can collect them though; as many as the squad size. Thank you for sharing this info.

Having to too, ad naseum. Got a double drop rate from my daily, did him 20 times. Not a single time did he actually drop loot. No pigments, no mods, no anything. It's the active research and everything. Is it only the old beacon-only node that drops it and not Oro, or am I missing something huge here, because my polychrome grind has totally frozen because of this.

On 6/5/2016 at 7:22 AM, FoxNightscape said:

Having to too, ad naseum. Got a double drop rate from my daily, did him 20 times. Not a single time did he actually drop loot. No pigments, no mods, no anything. It's the active research and everything. Is it only the old beacon-only node that drops it and not Oro, or am I missing something huge here, because my polychrome grind has totally frozen because of this.

Refer to the best answer. Use Bo / Bo Prime to kill him at his final form i.e. when he is using the tetra frame.

had/have the saame problem with this for the clan i'm in...  the only time we got any pigment (4 of them) was the last time vey hek was the sortie boss. everytime after that none of us have picked up any pigment when we killed him. yes it is the active research, always been 4player clan grouip, 3-4 different group makeups (couple people decided they wanted hydroid) with multiple runs (20+), 2 people had res chance drop boosters 1 with res booster for about 80% of those runs.   and we still need 6 of the 10 pigments to research this.

and the whole Bo P thing... ya didn't work for us.

On 6/11/2016 at 0:21 PM, Sultan_The_Ruler said:

Refer to the best answer. Use Bo / Bo Prime to kill him at his final form i.e. when he is using the tetra frame.

Been there. Done that. 20 more times just to make sure I had a big enough sample size to say that the idea of using a single weapon to get pigments is utterly silly. It's not that. If you think it's that way, you have literally no idea how the drop mechanics work.

On 6/12/2016 at 3:57 AM, (PS4)Whattamattu said:

had/have the saame problem with this for the clan i'm in...  the only time we got any pigment (4 of them) was the last time vey hek was the sortie boss. everytime after that none of us have picked up any pigment when we killed him. yes it is the active research, always been 4player clan grouip, 3-4 different group makeups (couple people decided they wanted hydroid) with multiple runs (20+), 2 people had res chance drop boosters 1 with res booster for about 80% of those runs.   and we still need 6 of the 10 pigments to research this.

and the whole Bo P thing... ya didn't work for us.

Well, it worked for my clan.

14 hours ago, FoxNightscape said:

Been there. Done that. 20 more times just to make sure I had a big enough sample size to say that the idea of using a single weapon to get pigments is utterly silly. It's not that. If you think it's that way, you have literally no idea how the drop mechanics work.

And I know it is silly.

Its good to see that this thing is prioritized by DE considering I can find posts about this dating back to 15.01.15 where supposedly some DE Danielle reported it "higher up". Me myself I love wasting time doing something for a specific reward only to not get that reward time and time again, with the simple answer for not getting it being "you did it too fast". Then do it super slow only to hear the reason I didnt get it this time was "blablabla gates blabla inbetween gates blabla"... Is this really that hard to fix, or is it once again one of those money talks situations? Almost two years have passed since we were indirectly told DEs looking into is... So any news???

Well, it's good I found this topic. I already thought I was going crazy.

His inconsistent drop behaviour is still the same. Tried to avoid everything that might mess up his drops (killing him mid-air, too fast, on unstable ground) and searched the whole arena after he died, even meleed him to death. In the end I got 10x nothing for my trouble.

Is this really that hard to fix and/or so deep down the priority list?

P.S.: tried both, solo and public. Didn't change a thing.

Edited by ColdWarFish