The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any particular reason that I keep getting logged out from the forums?

MegpoidBeetle

Question

Previously before the forum got its own update I could stay logged in.

However, now for some reasons I keep being logged out from the forums after some time has passed. It's becoming a bit of a hassle to repeatedly log in to the forums over and over again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

15 answers to this question

3 hours ago, YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS said:

Previously before the forum got its own update I could stay logged in.

However, now for some reasons I keep being logged out from the forums after some time has passed. It's becoming a bit of a hassle to repeatedly log in to the forums over and over again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

We discovered the culprit to be cookie expiration. Meaning, if away for a certain amount of time the browser will no longer recognize your login information and log you out of the Forums.

We've discussed changing these perimeters with our service provider and they have happily agreed to removing the expiration. This will be updated in the near future :) 

2 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Doesn't seem to happen to me as long as I stay on the Forums. If I leave and come back though, it occasionally happens.
Try just keeping the Forums open in a window.

Hmm strange that no one seems to have addressed it (?)

1 minute ago, Rounpositron said:

I suggest checking your internet connection.

And how do you post here if you keep getting logged out?

G0Zf8yi.png

That being said, what I meant was after some time (say, like 18 hours later without browsing the forums) I will be logged out.

1 minute ago, (PS4)tpesconi said:

Yeah, on the old forum we stayed logged in FOREVER, now we have to login almost every time, very annoying and I hope for a fix.

Whelp guess everyone else is having issues with the forum logging us out.

As trivial as it is, yea it's real an annoyance to keep logging back in every time (the WF forums practically replaced my facebook)

1 minute ago, Rounpositron said:

*Strange Network Confirmed*

*Revxdev conspiracy confirmed*

Silly question: Do you have your browser set to clear history/cache upon exit?

You may want to maually try to clear cache/cookies anyway, log in again, and see if that helps.

*Edit: Also, some utilities like CCleaner will also clear your browser file when they're run.

Edited by DaftMeat

52 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Silly question: Do you have your browser set to clear history/cache upon exit?

You may want to maually try to clear cache/cookies anyway, log in again, and see if that helps.

*Edit: Also, some utilities like CCleaner will also clear your browser file when they're run.

Nope to first question

To second question: just did that, maybe there might be some change. Will update depending how it goes.

And no I don't run CCleaner.

12 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We discovered the culprit to be cookie expiration. Meaning, if away for a certain amount of time the browser will no longer recognize your login information and log you out of the Forums.

We've discussed changing these perimeters with our service provider and they have happily agreed to removing the expiration. This will be updated in the near future :) 

Oh that explains it :D Thanks Danielle, hope the update comes soon!