Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polygon did it again

TheErebus.

So as if Polygon wasn't bad enough already, I saw this recently:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/16/11683922/playstation-4-sony-power-button-eject

Yes. A games journalist, who's job is to review games, consoles and know everything that they can about their field, did not know what the buttons were for on the front of the console for 3 years.

Yet here I am, a 19 year old who's just only finishing high school and I've known that the top button is to turn it on and the lower button is to eject the disc. I'VE KNOWN THIS SINCE DAY 1 OF ME USING THE CONSOLE.

Now granted, the symbols for eject and power on/off is tiny but unless you have the memory of a goldfish, it's not very hard to remember up is on and down is eject.

Well he did say that he's a PC user mostly. Maybe he never saw PS4?

In my entire life i only seen PS1 and PS2. Then again all power buttons have this "power button" sign, so i don't understand how someone can fail to recognise it.

4 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Well he did say that he's a PC user mostly. Maybe he never saw PS4?

In my entire life i only seen PS1 and PS2. Then again all power buttons have this "power button" sign, so i don't understand how someone can fail to recognise it.

He was shown how to use a PS4 and even used it extensively during his first ever experience with it as a member of the press. He also states that outside of PC gaming, the PS4 is his most used console. 

Also i just realized those PS4 buttons confuse me as well... In my mind "eject" button would make more sense up, not down. Just like it's often the case with PC buttons. Power is near the floor, eject is basically at the roof.

14 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Also i just realized those PS4 buttons confuse me as well... In my mind "eject" button would make more sense up, not down. Just like it's often the case with PC buttons. Power is near the floor, eject is basically at the roof.

Heck, my PC's don't even have CD-ROM.

15 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

He was shown how to use a PS4 and even used it extensively during his first ever experience with it as a member of the press. He also states that outside of PC gaming, the PS4 is his most used console. 

Explains things.

Polygon is GGer's hit target, so take the source with a grain of salt, too. Bias countered by bias = going nowhere but creating more drama.