Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Master Race Advice

Lucernam

Question

Well, I've sent the various Hyena-bots home crying to their motherboards and got all the necessary parts. I joined the Loki master race only moments ago. Are there any tips some Loki veterans can pass on so I can use this 'frame to its full potential? Tips and strategies, meta uses of powers, whatever wisdom you wish to pass on is welcome.

8 answers to this question

If you are planning to make the most of Invisibility, you want Duration and Efficiency to be high, so Corrupt Mods are advised.

If you want to make use of Radial Disarm, you want Range and Efficiency.

Loki currently has little need for Power Strength and can choose to alternate between Range or Duration. Plus, Loki can take a mix of different mods depending on forma and available space.

Just be aware of where the enemy is, and where they are firing, since it can be all too easy to get caught in a crossfire and go down quickly without defensive mods such as Quick Thinking and Flow for example. And the plan is to not get hit so Rage is often not used on Loki, but feel free to build how you want.

So, once you get your mix of mods up and ranked, and say use Zenurik, you can run a hybrid build, where you can be Invisible, use Disarm and rock a shotgun.

There is some flexibility to the Aura between CP and Energy Siphon (ES); and as for Exilus, that is icing on the cake, where I rely on Invisibility, so either take Coaction Drift to boost either CP or ES, depending on what I plan to face.

Other good options if you have them are Handspring, Enemy Sense, Cunning Drift (added Range), Intruder (if you know you are gonna be hacking a lot) or Thief's Wit (if you are hunting for Caches, Syndicate marks and don't have or want to stack with Animal Instinct with your Kubrow or Sentinel).

Here are my Loki's the first got three Forma, and haven't needed to for the Prime. And again Loki does provide decent flexibility with builds, where you do not need Hush Invisibility, for example. The D polarities were there to fit Quick Thinking along side Narrow Minded, with Redirection or Overextended, for example.

And Safeguard Switch can be a nice alternative, if you practice good map awareness and are able to get teammates out of a jam.

bXwfPfS.jpg

I6T3xvJ.jpg

Hope that helps!

13 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Disregard Power Strength, acquire Power Range (Irridiating Disarm optional) for team play or Power Duration for solo.

(Hybrid is possible for a well-modded player.)

Also if it's not a high level endless mission you can just go with duration/efficiency to keep you invisible, even when playing with others. The enemies most likely won't possess enough threat to make radial disarm worth it.

Edited by Jeloxale

Disarm is amazing. But remember if you are with a team and you are invisible, you will be causing all of those enemies to start charging your teammates in order to melee them. Make sure they will be ready or you may cause them to be overwhelmed (depending on their ability to cc or kill quickly enough). But, you can also use a decoy or irradiating disarm augment to control the flow of the enemies. 

And btw please realize that for most content, being invisible is not necessary. If you use it too often, you are likely to become dependent on it. A different route that can be much more rewarding is to use Loki without invis most of the time. His health and shields are thin. It will force you to use his speed, decoy, disarm, etc to stay alive. If you can get used to only using invis as an oh sh*, you will be amazed how tanky the other frames are when you switch to someone else. And you will probably have improved your ability to stay alive by using movement. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz
Added

there is a great balance of power range and power duration that can be had to keep your loki prepped for any situation, as well as to make it easier on yourself to not need to switch between builds or forget which is which.

Fleeting Expertise, (Primed) Continuity, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Vitality, Redirection, and Stretch with a Drift mod of choice and Zenuriks energy overflow if you can. This is a super simple build, You can adjust appropriately for cc or spy/sab/whatever. The only augment worth using is radial disarm for cc. Oh and take BIG TIME advantage of the invisible melee multiplier. Orthos Prime with max (Primed) reach is your friend.

edit: if you have the luxury of an (original) arcane helmet I suggest it.

Edited by (PS4)thinkfasthippie2