Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best built

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

Question

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

on this profile(ps4)im MR 4,but on pc I was MR 10 with but had full serration on soma prime with gas/poison during survival/def yet still had the same issue.

8 minutes ago, Reitrahc said:

Tonkor with Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Heavy Caliber and 2 Elemental mods. End of thread.

Read it.

not really a fan of grenade launcher lol that's why..how about synoid gammacor?not good?

Continuous damage weapons aren't good for endless missions because of how much ammo they eat up. The Tonkor is by far the strongest weapon in the game, with nothing even coming close to it. This is why you often see a bunch of NERF TONKOR threads on here. The Synoid Gammacor is a good weapon, but it eats ammo quickly. Boltor Prime will work if you want. Synoid Simulor will work if you learn to use it's weird firing mechanics.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I use ammo mutation on all my weapons, but my main issue is how on high lvl it feel as if I cant dmg anymore,the enemies become like a sponger,and it takes me like 5-6 magazine to kill a bombard or heavy gunner.with gas/toxin as elemental

Well, gas/toxin isn't very effective against Bombards (and Grineer in general), so that's probably part of your problem.

Edited by Maicael

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I use ammo mutation on all my weapons, but my main issue is how on high lvl it feel as if I cant dmg anymore,the enemies become like a sponger,and it takes me like 5-6 magazine to kill a bombard or heavy gunner.with gas/toxin as elemental

You're using the wrong elemental damage. Gas is the worst damage type in the entire game. If you're playing in the void or against Infested, bring Corossive if you have 2 slots for elemental damage, add heat if you have 3 slots, finish Blast if you have 4 slots. Radiation/Viral for Grineer. Magnetic/Toxin for Corpus (Gas can be used here for its procs but Toxin is the damage you want).

Also, don't use ammo mutation. It takes away from your damage. Just be wise with your ammo.

At this point, you might as well post your build.

Edited by Reitrahc

Just now, Xekrin said:

Unless you play Saryn, in which case you are more or less forced to use it to spread spore damage *sigh*

I said gas is the worst damage type. Its procs are fairly good, but as a damage type it is horrible.

Just now, Maicael said:

Well, gas/toxin isn't very effective against Bombards, so that's probably part of your problem.

oh ok what's effective against heavy armored enemies?how do I find out my enemy's weakness(was told that once I finish scanning an enemy its suppose to tell me,but I see the corrosive as green,and gas as red,which one is the good one?green or red?

oh ok what's effective against heavy armored enemies?how do I find out my enemy's weakness(was told that once I finish scanning an enemy its suppose to tell me,but I see the corrosive as green,and gas as red,which one is the good one?green or red?

green is good, red is bad. Just use what I posted above for damage types. You can use Corossive damage against Grineer if you have a status weapon because Corossive procs reduce armor, but Radiation actually does more damage to the heavy armor.

2 minutes ago, Reitrahc said:

green is good, red is bad. Just use what I posted above for damage types. You can use Corossive damage against Grineer if you have a status weapon because Corossive procs reduce armor, but Radiation actually does more damage to the heavy armor.

ty XD so its either corrosive or radiation :)

ty XD so its either corrosive or radiation :)

The reason you want to use Corossive in the void is because as enemies scale, their armor scales up but not other defensive stats, and Corossive procs strip armor. It is otherwise a fairly neutral damage type, so you won't be losing out on damage against other enemies, and it happens to be strong against those pesky robotics. Radiation is generally the better choice for most Grineer missions because of its damage and the enemies won't be scaling up unless it's an endless mission.

4 minutes ago, Reitrahc said:

The reason you want to use Corossive in the void is because as enemies scale, their armor scales up but not other defensive stats, and Corossive procs strip armor. It is otherwise a fairly neutral damage type, so you won't be losing out on damage against other enemies, and it happens to be strong against those pesky robotics. Radiation is generally the better choice for most Grineer missions because of its damage and the enemies won't be scaling up unless it's an endless mission.

ah I see,ty

Corrosive has a "+++" against Ferrite armor, which Grineer Heavy Gunners, Lancers, Scorpions, Troopers, Helions and a few others sport, Radiation has a "+++" against Alloy armor, which Bombards, Elite Lancers, Eviscerators and Napalms sport, Corrosive as explained by a fellow tenno above is a fairly neutral damage, and in case you aren't running 4x CP you want to strip that armor, so if you have a high status weapon you should definately mod it for Corrosive/Heat, don't run Viral only, since armor protects their clone flesh.

Remember the codex marks the type of health, armor/shield, green means it deals more damage, red there is a penalty, and a "+" means +25% bonus, "-" means -25% damage, every "+" or "-" adds an additional 25%, Corrosive is "+++" against Ferrite so +75% bonus, and Magnetic if i recall is "--" which is a 50% penalty.