Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me with Saryn please

Zhoyzu

Question

So, ive been trying to get used to this frame again after the changes. I keep hearing how awesome she is so i decided to dust her off and go slay some enemies. Now From what i hear you spam the spore ability and get that going then you miasma and everything dies.

Well... When i miasma nothing happens. Ive got the entire area procced and ready, and hit 4... nothing. I feel like miasma does nothing now. The spores do all the work when enemy levels are low and when i last long enough for level 50-100 the spores dmg falls off and then im left with nothing as miasma seems to do no dmg at all.

This is my current mod configuration 

0HoaK22.jpg

If yall could teach me how to room nuke as i keep hearing shes capable of id greatly appreciate it. Havent played saryn really since nova was released ( out nuked).

4 answers to this question

Zoy, hit me up if you see me in game. I'll take you out with SarynP and we'll hit a point by point run down of whys, hows, whens, wheretofores, and holycatswhatdidIjustsees.

Essentially, it's all about the range and enough power and efficiency to make and spread spores that kill on an industrial scale. Miasma is of far more limited use now, but it does have a place--usually wiping out yardtrash, or really putting the hurt on very high level enemies in conjunction with all the other stuff Saryn does.

I don't recall the specifics (stat percentages) of my present build offhand, but get with me and I can give you the point by point rundown and the reasoning behind it.

Mod weapons for gas or toxin to increase spore damage by procing them on spored targets.  Once you get into higher levels, spores will carry the toxin damage and scale very well (so long as you are procing gas or toxin regularly) and enemies will be randomly dropping dead around the map due to spores alone.  You can then cast Miasma to pop all the spores in the range.  If your building up the spore damage, the burst damage from all the spores popping at once will be greater than the corrosive damage from Miasma.

You need to add in toxin damage cause toxin damage boosts it along with  viral. Either tag spores on your molt then pop the molt by recasting (or by casting miasma  in range of it.) or use toxic lash then hit spored enemies with your melee to inflict toxin and guarantee spore poppage. With that your miasma should be able to clean up whatever the stacked damage doesn't up to around lvl 40 in a tick or two. A bit of setup but pulling it off is quite satisfying.

Edit: Also looked over your build now that it loaded the image (on mobile atm) and you want positive duration for miasma. the inverse relation was changed. so I would consider swapping fleeting off for a lesser one or not having it at all. This also means you may need to reconsider blind rage as well

Edited by Caobie

250 range 224 power no efficiency 124 duration, zenurik Focus

Cast spores on 1 enemy and shoot it with a high Status Gas weapon(Lanka, ignis, whatever) and see the spores spread and everything die. Or Cast molt, put spores on it(half energy cost), Cast toxic lash and hit it, spores spread, everything dead.

Alternate with Naramon: high crit melee, Cast spores on enemy, Cast lash and Mash away, you will see 1m viralprocs if the enemies got high enough HP. No worries about energy cost with Naramon: hitting spores with lash will gib you energy back.

Remember: There is strength in ENEMY numbers, gnihi

You could ask me ingame aswell, i will help you out with everything, but gotta work first - so ill be on in ~9-10hours ingame