The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

22 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Are you counting the vice presidents no one cares about? Cus right now we're stuck between a rock and a hard place ( have no idea how hillary or trump made it)

Nah, was thinking about the Libertarians and the Greens. That Johnson chap had alotta folks pushing onto his wagon for reasons unknown.

Edited by Unus

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Nah, was thinking about the Libertarians and the Greens. That Johnson chap had alotta folks pushing onto his wagon for reasons unknown.

Then lost like half of them due to his famous "What is Aleppo?" quote...

Edited by BrownStalin

I didn't like him before due to his political parties' stances, but, after that snafu? Ugh, let me just sign my ballot with "Teddy Roosevelt's ancient carcass" and be done with it.

Edited by Unus

27 minutes ago, Unus said:

I didn't like him before due to his political parties' stances, but, after that snafu? Ugh, let me just sign my ballot with "Teddy Roosevelt's ancient carcass" and be done with it.

Speaking of Teddy Roosevelt.

Anyone excited for that new civ game?

So sad that they are already wiping their feet off from Beyond Earth, needed a bit more work on it for it to be up-to-speed. Still, it'll be interesting to see how things go this time around, especially with the unveiled Eureka systems and civics popping in. It has promise, but will it stand the test of time?

3 hours ago, Unus said:

So sad that they are already wiping their feet off from Beyond Earth, needed a bit more work on it for it to be up-to-speed. Still, it'll be interesting to see how things go this time around, especially with the unveiled Eureka systems and civics popping in. It has promise, but will it stand the test of time?

Civ 5 fah loife!

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

I just finished my space Thailand run 4 minutes ago, next up, we're off to Centauri for a soirée in the damp jungle with giant worms.

I refuse to buy beyond earth due to how mediocre it is from... "testing" the game...

46 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Civ 5 fah loife!

Civ 5 is my favorite but you gotta admit.

Baba Yetu from Civ 4 is the greatest song in the Civ series.

Edited by BrownStalin

"Testing". . . Yaargh? Be ye a member uh duh Nautilus?

Also, eh, it got a bit to repetitive for me, I usually play each countries' national anthem on repeat whenever I play. Also, makeing events in the game become part of a long and epic history. My games usually end in an "optimistic Fallout" style.

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Testing". . . Yaargh? Be ye a member uh duh Nautilus?

Also, eh, it got a bit to repetitive for me, I usually play each countries' national anthem on repeat whenever I play. Also, makeing events in the game become part of a long and epic history. My games usually end in an "optimistic Fallout" style.

Yarrgh! Do what you want cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Civ 5 was great at making up random stories and the fact that the game turned into "Fallout 4 but actually good" was great as well.

Also let us not forget someone VERY special person...

AYmzttM.png

15 minutes ago, BrownStalin said:

Yarrgh! Do what you want cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Civ 5 was great at making up random stories and the fact that the game turned into "Fallout 4 but actually good" was great as well.

Also let us not forget someone VERY special person...

Reveal hidden contents

AYmzttM.png

I never had problems with ghandi. In warframe forums speak, that would mean he isnt a problem at all.

For some reason, he alwas got cornered and destroyed by some other country, often before i even discovered his existence...

Might have something to do with ho i have no clue how to win civ diplomatically, amd just wage war constantly anways... Now ghengis khan and siam are douches

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I never had problems with ghandi. In warframe forums speak, that would mean he isnt a problem at all.

For some reason, he alwas got cornered and destroyed by some other country, often before i even discovered his existence...

Might have something to do with ho i have no clue how to win civ diplomatically, amd just wage war constantly anways... Now ghengis khan and siam are douches

See, the beauty in how i play is that i tick the "Random AI personalities" and that throws everything you can expect out the window.

Genghis Khan is a great leader known for his scientific discoveries and overall peaceful nature.

Gandhi, the god of war, the destroyer of worlds. Countless Civs has fallen to him. The Seafaring Americans, Warlike Venetians and don't forget the Grand Empire of the Austrians, known for their awsome Wonders that make the Wonder building Japanese put to shame!

Huh, in every single "play-for-keeps" civilization game I've ended up playing, I've always ended up sandwiched in between the two civilizations who once almost ruled the entire planet in reality. Watching the atomic firestorm as The Mental Midget and Foo-Manchu Comes For You slug it out while my Slavic children desperately try to couple togethor the aluminum beast that will be their temporary salvation. . . it almost makes me teary eyed as I play Das Malafitz as the rocket finally launches. There's also that feeling of righteous joy when you send your combat expeditions back to Earth to take that irradiated pit back from their grubby ya. . . Whoops! Got carried away again!

Just now, Unus said:

Huh, in every single "play-for-keeps" civilization game I've ended up playing, I've always ended up sandwiched in between the two civilizations who once almost ruled the entire planet in reality. Watching the atomic firestorm as The Mental Midget and Foo-Manchu Comes For You slug it out while my Slavic children desperately try to couple togethor the aluminum beast that will be their temporary salvation. . . it almost makes me teary eyed as I play Das Malafitz as the rocket finally launches. There's also that feeling of righteous joy when you send your combat expeditions back to Earth to take that irradiated pit back from their grubby ya. . . Whoops! Got carried away again!

I like to also keep in mind that during that game i played as the Romans and i was allied with the iriqouis (they had been by my side since Siam launched their first invasion into my lands.) and we share the far western part of our continent while the north is between the squabbling English, Aztecs and French civs and the east and south were dominated by the Japs. That has a huge advantage over me due to them wiping Germany out when they had 5 cities. The other Continent is stuck in a power lock between the Persians and Indians and there are a bunch (I am saying at around 14 because i like to play with a large amount of civs.) one-three city minors that are pecking at each other, waiting for the moment when one makes a slip and then they can move in to make one of them die a slow, painful, 100 turns death.

Also i think i still have the save so i might show pics.

2 minutes ago, BrownStalin said:

I like to also keep in mind that during that game i played as the Romans and i was allied with the iriqouis (they had been by my side since Siam launched their first invasion into my lands.) and we share the far western part of our continent while the north is between the squabbling English, Aztecs and French civs and the east and south were dominated by the Japs. That has a huge advantage over me due to them wiping Germany out when they had 5 cities. The other Continent is stuck in a power lock between the Persians and Indians and there are a bunch (I am saying at around 14 because i like to play with a large amount of civs.) one-three city minors that are pecking at each other, waiting for the moment when one makes a slip and then they can move in to make one of them die a slow, painful, 100 turns death.

Also i think i still have the save so i might show pics.

Ah, the joys of digital politics! Probably why I'm currently trapped in Stellaris having way to much fun. The Civilizations I've met sound like the long listing of a conspiracy theorists wet dream.

Just now, Unus said:

Ah, the joys of digital politics! Probably why I'm currently trapped in Stellaris having way to much fun. The Civilizations I've met sound like the long listing of a conspiracy theorists wet dream.

Stellaris is a shameful display of a 4x diplomatic game. I love Paradox (My 2nd most played game is CK2) but the game, like all of their other titles, has the worst launch game ever. That will of course get better through DLC. In my experience of pirating testing the game, i figured that the diplomacy in the game is akin to American politics (That is "You have something i want...ur a turroris.*invasion*".

And the combat isn't even that good. If you want a good 4x RTS space game. I recommend Sins of A Solar Empire and Homeworld.

If you want a Space game that is so complex that having the AI automate a couple of things and trust it to do it while playing with a good diplomatic system and a realistic approach to space. Play Distant Worlds, i heard it is free on Skidrow right now.

Bleh, automation and no customization? Noooo thanks Blackbeard, I'll stick with watching the Greys, and the Alpha Draconians slug it out with the Ceph. Didn't stop me from enjoying Sins though, just sad that  we'll never see another game and find out just what was chaseing the Vs.

Just now, Unus said:

Bleh, automation and no customization? Noooo thanks Blackbeard, I'll stick with watching the Greys, and the Alpha Draconians slug it out with the Ceph. Didn't stop me from enjoying Sins though, just sad that  we'll never see another game and find out just what was chaseing the Vs.

It has customization but it would be too complicated to jump in from the get go.

What shocked about sins was the DLC they released a while back. I never knew that they would release a patch/DLC for a game that is 8 years old.

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

You guys are hitting it off swinmmingly. I got lost on where this conversation was going four posts back 

I think it is due to me ranting about a game you may or may not know about while also bringing FAR SUPERIOR games that you also may not have known.