Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

1 minute ago, Unus said:

Ah. . . fur-folks. I'm . . . well, they kinda scare me slightly. The whole "I was born to be a ____, but I was born a human" thing feels kinda. . . kinda cultish. I can't be attracted to an entity that can't talk back, can't respond to my social ques on an even playing field, or can't discuss things with me so I can mentally check-mark all their flaws and perks and work to encourage and correct.

The only other sentient animal alive on this planet is a chimp here in the States, and she's both alone and has a plateaued IQ of a 7 year old girl. Plenty of presentients that coulda taken our place had the apes not jumped in front though.

That's why I own an African Grey Parrot. 8 year old human brain. And according to @ObviousLee crows intellect is untapped. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

I only get attracted to humans and very few of them as well.

While I've never met anyone who thought of me as little more then a fair-weather friend, I at least have a "list of attraction" ques. It really has one thing on it, and that's whatever goes on between the eyes and inside the skull. After that, que panoramic zoom-out for surveying all . . . . . "positive accessory features".

I may be disgustingly picky, but, at least I'm willing to admit that, after a month or so of reassuring constant contact and speaking, I will indeed fall into the stereotypical "trait observations" of average joe.

7 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

That's why I own an African Grey Parrot. 8 year old human brain. And according to @ObviousLee crows intellect is untapped. 

Ahhh, so You DO know some of our intellectual peers. Phew, and here I thought I was alone in recognizing the few species on this dirt ball worth giving some extremely basic "Sentient rights". The low tier= Parrots and Crows (speech and understanding). The Mid-Tier= Elephants and Dolphins (Self-made cultures, language, and ((in some dolphins)) speech)

The Upper Tier= the Bonobos (culture, language ((even human symbols)), tool-makeing tool capability, and self-recognition).

Then there's the Top Tier= the Denosavians, the Neanderthals, and the Sapians.

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ahhh, so You DO know some of our intellectual peers. Phew, and here I thought I was alone in recognizing the few species on this dirt ball worth giving some extremely basic "Sentient rights". The low tier= Parrots and Crows (speech and understanding). The Mid-Tier= Elephants and Dolphins (Self-made cultures, language, and ((in some dolphins)) speech)

The Upper Tier= the Bonobos (culture, language ((even human symbols)), tool-makeing tool capability, and self-recognition).

http://www.scienceagogo.com/

Just enough random to keep me interested in mag...I mean science.

5 minutes ago, Unus said:

Dolphins are evil creatures, they do unspeakable things in large groups of 5, 4 being male and 1 female.

Just now, ninja234 said:

Dolphins are evil creatures, they do unspeakable things in large groups of 5, 4 being male and 1 female.

That's what they do. So what? Why should we attach our crap to others. That is why I despise the idea of humanity meeting other cultures in the Universe. Except if it's all alone with only a few people that can brain. And having a secrecy clause to not tell the people of E-arth(how I say it because I'm moronic at times).

2 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

That's what they do. So what? Why should we attach our crap to others. That is why I despise the idea of humanity meeting other cultures in the Universe. Except if it's all alone with only a few people that can brain. And having a secrecy clause to not tell the people of E-arth(how I say it because I'm moronic at times).

But they really do!

8 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

Well. . . if you've seen some of the news from India, you'll know that no creature who goes anywhere on that list is capable of avoiding sin. 

There are elephant serial killers, dolphin rapists, crow illegal repo-men, parrot child-slayers, and Bonobo dictators.

Mankind scoffed at this paltry list of specializations and simply took them all. Our blessing came with a black curse, we can only hope those list making traits out sparkle the pale fog of vice.

(It's interesting to note that Mass Effect and, well, this mindset, kinda sorta influenced me to watch M.M.  Sorting out the similarities and differences between species and finding out how to make it all work gives me the jollies (wait, is that and innuendes term?) Strangely, they all also display the fact that, among almost all sufficiently sentient species, Tig Biddies are an essential component to maintaing or breaking the psychology of the males)

Edited by Unus

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

Well. . . if you've seen some of the news from India, you'll know that no creature who goes anywhere on that list is capable of avoiding sin. 

There are elephant serial killers, dolphin rapists, crow illegal repo-men, parrot child-slayers, and Bonobo dictators.

Mankind scoffed at this paltry list of specializations and simply took them all. Our blessing came with a black curse, we can only hope those list making traits out sparkle the pale fog of vice.

I think we should all stop before some mod views my profile activity 

3 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

I think we should all stop before some mod views my profile activity 

Wait. . . have I missed something? What have you done?

Wait. . . "It's a shooter on rails" . . . "nothing hot like Bayonetta". . . "wanna do lolis". . . "ejaculateing te. . . feck, we really gave you a bad rep, didn't we?

Edited by Unus

25 minutes ago, Unus said:

While I've never met anyone who thought of me as little more then a fair-weather friend, I at least have a "list of attraction" ques. It really has one thing on it, and that's whatever goes on between the eyes and inside the skull. After that, que panoramic zoom-out for surveying all . . . . . "positive accessory features".

I may be disgustingly picky, but, at least I'm willing to admit that, after a month or so of reassuring constant contact and speaking, I will indeed fall into the stereotypical "trait observations" of average joe.

For me Im just waiting for someone who can match the strongest part of my intellect. A snake such as myself. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

When did we start talking about raunchy stuff?

We did? I lost track. Could be my presence, could be my "big reveal", could be the sudden dolphin comment. We may never know.

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

Is not that the price of life in this world? But man has a choice(to a point of course) that's what makes us different. Also no they dont outweigh it.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

For me Im just waiting for someone who can match the strongest part of my intellect. A snake such as myself. 

Wait. . . do you mean the zodiac sign, or, do you mean. . . am I not the only. . . Miia. 

Also also, yeah, I don't like "hunting" for potential folks, it feels to, I don't know, creepy or stalky to me, don't know how those socialites do it.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

Is not that the price of life in this world? But man has a choice(to a point of course) that's what makes us different. Also no they dont outweigh it.

The greatest gift, the greatest curse. Every game I hold near-and-dear to me heart AND mind is where choice matters in some manner. Ell, I live in an entire choice based culture where many folks don't even make the attempt!

1 minute ago, Unus said:

Wait. . . do you mean the zodiac sign, or, do you mean. . . am I not the only. . . Miia. 

Also also, yeah, I don't like "hunting" for potential folks, it feels to, I don't know, creepy or stalky to me, don't know how those socialites do it.

The greatest gift, the greatest curse. Every game I hold near-and-dear to me heart AND mind is where choice matters in some manner. Ell, I live in an entire choice based culture where many folks don't even make the attempt!

Yes, and no. My zodiac is a snake but is on the verge of being/techniqually is a dragon if i remember correclty. Though I was not reffering to my zodiac but to my nature in itself. Also sometimes I wonder about that. It is a gift, but are we able to use it well, I think the answer is almost always no.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

Yes, and no. My zodiac is a snake but is on the verge of being/techniqually is a dragon if i remember correclty. Though I was not reffering to my zodiac but to my nature in itself. Also sometimes I wonder about that. It is a gift, but are we able to use it well, I think the answer is almost always no.

Chinese zodiac?