Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bright Purity + Pressure Point

MKDLMR

Question

How do these two mods stack? Say my weapon has a base damage of 35 would that be 35+35+35= 105?  Or would it be attacked one after another: 35+35=70 (new base) + 70 (100% off the new base) = 140?

I sincerely hope it's the second scenario because otherwise that mod is a joke.  Take for instance Nikana Prime with Pressure Point, that's 190 right there. I don't think the syndicate proc is worth 85 points of damage... 

10 answers to this question

It adds 100% of base damage, working in exactly the same way as Heavy Caliber, Vicious Spread , Magnum Force or Spoiled Strike but without the downsides they have.

Don't forget that, as a longsword, the Skana (preferably Prisma) can use Crimson Dervish for a 3x damage multiplier making that 105 become 315 (actually 112 become 336 because Pressure Point adds 120% not 100%).

Edited by Katinka
Misspelled 'Spoiled'

It acts as a base damage mod like Pressure Point, so using both would give you: 35 + 35(from maxed Bright Purity) + 42(from maxed Pressure Point) = 112 Base Damage.

And all elemental mods will scale off that new base damage.

Wow, that's actually really disappointing.  Even with Crimson Dervish the Nikana Prime with Blind Justice or War with Tempo Royale totally outclass it in damage. I guess, what's the point of using Prisma Skana with Bright Purity when you've got those other two weapons? 

For raw numbers, try plugging your builds into Warframe Builder. It's normally horrible for melee weapons because it doesn't factor in stance combos or base animation speed, so the DPS and Sustained DPS numbers are garbage, but the number for plain old Damage (per hit) is accurate even if it doesn't reflect the multipliers attached to certain combos of certain stances.

And according to the builder, the sum of the two mods comes out to 112 damage for the Prisma Skana, rounded to the nearest whole number. Crimson Dervish, one of the aforementioned stances with multipliers attached to its combos, triples that to 336 at a steep cost to your attack speed. Iron Phoenix doesn't alter the damage, but it is much faster, to the point that it's actually too fast for a Berserker build.

That being said, you'll eventually get a free, pre-potatoed longsword with base stats that outclass the Skanas (and every other single-sword in the game), all the polarities it needs for a Blood Rush build, and only slightly less crit chance than the Prisma Skana.

21 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

Wow, that's actually really disappointing.  Even with Crimson Dervish the Nikana Prime with Blind Justice or War with Tempo Royale totally outclass it in damage. I guess, what's the point of using Prisma Skana with Bright Purity when you've got those other two weapons? 

Man, you're comparing two of the best weapons in the game to a weapon that is handed to every new player for free within a minute of starting the game for the first time. Bright Purity is a very nice mod, but it's not intended to put the Skana (or Skana Prime or Prisma Skana) at the top of the heap. If you're using a Skana, with or without the mod, it's either because Fashionframe or because you don't have a better weapon.

12 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Man, you're comparing two of the best weapons in the game to a weapon that is handed to every new player for free within a minute of starting the game for the first time. Bright Purity is a very nice mod, but it's not intended to put the Skana (or Skana Prime or Prisma Skana) at the top of the heap. If you're using a Skana, with or without the mod, it's either because Fashionframe or because you don't have a better weapon.

Sounds like syndicate mods and prisma items aren't all that great to me. I thought the whole point of syndicate mods was to make less appealing equipment in line with "the good stuff." 

1 hour ago, MKDLMR said:

Sounds like syndicate mods and prisma items aren't all that great to me. I thought the whole point of syndicate mods was to make less appealing equipment in line with "the good stuff." 

No, they were to make some of the entry level type gear scale better until you get the "good stuff" as you call it. Aoe damage and health/energy regeneration are pretty much always nice. But can be completely redundant depending on the frame or weapon combination you are running. They are additional OPTIONS not OMG MUST HAVES that pidgeon hole you into certain weapons. That should be obvious by how early/easy they are to get.