Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What sword to get? or craft?

Nahin

Question

Hello, I am a new player and just reached 3rd rank... I am running an Excalibur... And I wanted to know what sword should I get? I mean for starters, something I can get on my rank and dont have to spend all my platinums! I know for endgame prisma skana is good... but I cant get it right now..... Thanks in advance!

15 answers to this question

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, pretty much all the swords are identical apart from Prisma Skana, Dakra Prime and Broken-War, which are hard to get for new players. I'd suggest you try to find something other than a sword.

Ohh thanks, its just excalibur has the buff or something with sword, but I get it. What would you suggest for this part/rank of the game?

Galatine is purchasable from the market and only requires MR3. It *is* slow but it hits like a truck for a purchased weapon. It will last you until "end game" if you choose to keep it. Toss a Fury to help with that if you want and when you get one, Berserker mod on it.

At MR4 you can get the Nikana if you are part of a clan with it unlocked. It can be upgraded to the Dragon Nikana at MR8 (blueprint from the shop). Both of these are covered under the "swordsmanship" in Excal's entry.

Edited by Wopel

If you can get it at your rank and have the opportunity (I think it's alert only) I'd suggest the jaw sword.

Also this is an entirely separate matter- you mentioned not having to spend all your plat. I'd like to make the suggestion to you as a new player to spend that 50 starter plat only on a warframe slot and 4 (you get 2 per purchase of these) weapon slots. They'll really make starting out and progressing a lot easier for you in the early game. Variety is very important depending on what missions you have to get through.

Edited by Stratego89

2 minutes ago, Nahin said:

Ohh thanks, its just excalibur has the buff or something with sword, but I get it. What would you suggest for this part/rank of the game?

At MR3, probably my personal recommendation would be the Galatine. Very powerful greatsword weapon. Especially good this weekend, since Tempo Royale is available from the void trader which is an incredible stance.

At MR4 you gain access to stuff like the base Nikana (not as good as DNikana or NikanaP but still quite respectable) and the Redeemer (cause who doesn't love shotguns as melee?) which will both serve you incredibly well.

I personally used the Orthos when I was around that rank, in quick Melee mode. Adding Reach to it as well as the usual damage mods makes it very potent for the levelling up process. Ground slam to knockdown/cc and slide attacks for some gap closing and extra damage - it's a very good all round weapon if you're going to Melee a lot.

I can recommend you the Mire for your Mastery Rank.Its a solid,easy to get and good sword with a nice Syndicate Mod that doesnt cost much.

Also you get the Excalibur Passive damage bonus with it.

Have a nice day

3 minutes ago, Nahin said:

It kind of depends on your Mastery Rank. If you're still at Mastery Rank 0, then the Ninkondi is a great weapon, though you're gonna need Argon Crystals to make it, which can only be found in the Orokin Void, and has to be used the same day you find them, or they'll disappear. Cheaper MR0 weapons I'd recommend would be Kogake and Bo.

There's also a couple melee weapons you can get at the end of some Quests. Heat Sword from the "Once Awake" quest, and Ether Daggers from "Stolen Dreams".

However, if you've reached Mastery Rank 2, then there's a lot more melee weapons to pick from. Dual Zoren, Scindo, or Orthos are decent weapons and are cheap to make, but if you want something really good, the Tekko is a nice weapon to set a goal to get. It's expensive, and requires the Ankyros to build, but that means you can build the Ankyros, level that up to 30, then use it to build the Tekko and you'll end up with double Mastery points. Of course, if you don't like Fist weapons you could just settle with the others I suggested.

34 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, pretty much all the swords are identical apart from Prisma Skana, Dakra Prime and Broken-War, which are hard to get for new players. I'd suggest you try to find something other than a sword.

Isn't broken-war obtainable at rank 3?  He/she could do the quests, but they're be very tough to get through. 

If we're talking long swords specifically, Skana, Jaw Sword, and Mire are good choices if you have the means to get or trade for their respective Syndicate Augment mods. Otherwise, the Ether Sword is useful since it can proc Radiation 100% of the time on a slam attack.

22 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

Isn't broken-war obtainable at rank 3?  He/she could do the quests, but they're be very tough to get through. 

You need to be rank 4 to start the Second Dream, and there's like a bunch of quests you need to do before that.