The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am still waiting for this to happen.

Vance.Stubbs

Around 2 years ago, when Corpus Tech enemy was introduced, people on forums asked why is he so tall and how does it fit Corpus lore (it doesn't). One of the devs replied that it is a placeholder and Munki is working on a proper Tech model.

I am still waiting for it to be changed.

13 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Why doesn't it fit the lore, out of curiosity?

Because they're just huge corpus crewmen. It's the same reason why the corpus enemies in Archwing are getting a new model, because they're big dudes, too big to be realistic.

10 hours ago, Censium said:

Because they're just huge corpus crewmen. It's the same reason why the corpus enemies in Archwing are getting a new model, because they're big dudes, too big to be realistic.

Yep, this. Grineer are tall because genetic manipulation and cybernetic parts, Corpus are just human who rely on heavy tech usage.

I like them the way they are. the Corpus need some bigger, badder dudes to compare to the Grineer, who have Bombards, Heavy Gunners and Napalms. they have no shortage of larger units. plus I think that if you remove Nullies and Bursas from the equation, the Corpus need a heavy regular troop or they would be a little too easy (until the Bursas and Nullies come along)

there's also a sense of dread when the larger guy with the larger gun sets his sights on you. also, there's nothing to say that Corpus can't lift and get Hench like any real-life human. I may be biased though, I love being a juggernaut, and I like the way Techs look: a little edgier than other Corpus units. I'd also like to see Datalysts and Artificers added to rotations, I enjoyed fighting them during Shadow Debt. that "ooh, new enemy, so what can you do, and what loot can you drop?" is a good feeling.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I like them the way they are. the Corpus need some bigger, badder dudes to compare to the Grineer, who have Bombards, Heavy Gunners and Napalms. they have no shortage of larger units. plus I think that if you remove Nullies and Bursas from the equation, the Corpus need a heavy regular troop or they would be a little too easy (until the Bursas and Nullies come along)

there's also a sense of dread when the larger guy with the larger gun sets his sights on you. also, there's nothing to say that Corpus can't lift and get Hench like any real-life human. I may be biased though, I love being a juggernaut, and I like the way Techs look: a little edgier than other Corpus units. I'd also like to see Datalysts and Artificers added to rotations, I enjoyed fighting them during Shadow Debt. that "ooh, new enemy, so what can you do, and what loot can you drop?" is a good feeling.

But Tech can be big without just being scaled up model. He could use a large MOA-like exo-skelteon that helps him wield the Supra, or something like that.