Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Reason For Me To Upgrade Point Strike After Level 3?

Aspari

Question

10 answers to this question

every weapon has a base crit chance. you increase that base chance by the percentage of a mod. So if a weapon has a 10% crit chance, a 100% mod will make it 20% crit chance. a 150% mod would will make it 25% crit chance.

Edited by aTaVaX

In math terms, the effect is multiplicative and not additive. Now that I think about it, the info text doesn't describe the effect as well as it could.

What "+25% Critical Chance" means is this: "Increases your Rifle's critical chance by 25% of its original value." I was already thinking about it this way, but I can see how a lot of people would easily interpret this differently.

wow, there is a lot of false advertising going on in warframe then. 0.o

(in-game)

Not really.  It says "+X% Crit Chance".  Mathematically, that means crit chance*(1+(mod/100))=new crit chance.  The description is perfectly clear if you read it, but most people missinterpret. 

Look at it this way, you don't see "+200% Shield Capacity" and expect the shield to get increased by 200, you know that it modifies the initial value.  The same works for any percent bonus in the game, including Critical Chance.  It just so happens that Critical Chance is a percentile value, which has no relation whatsoever to the mod's percent bonus. 

Edited by mxzf

Not really.  It says "+X% Crit Chance".  Mathematically, that means crit chance*(1+(mod/100))=new crit chance.  The description is perfectly clear if you read it, but most people missinterpret. 

Look at it this way, you don't see "+200% Shield Capacity" and expect the shield to get increased by 200, you know that it modifies the initial value.  The same works for any percent bonus in the game, including Critical Chance.  It just so happens that Critical Chance is a percentile value, which has no relation whatsoever to the mod's percent bonus. 

I'm actually going to have to stop you right here and note that the + that occurs before your percents kind of means addition. I don't know if that's common knowledge. /sarcasm off

It is not PERFECTLY clear if anyone misinterprets it, by the way. If it were perfect it would never fail by definition.

I guess I'm particularly annoyed by this post because it's incredibly unclear what the mod cards actually do. +% could easily mean (and probably should mean) additive modification. If they didn't want that, they should've written "Crit changes to X% of weapon base crit" or something very clearly multiplicative. What I wrote is almost perfectly clear. What they wrote is actually actively misleading.