The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Depth Chroma Changes: Full on Rework Suggestions (Updated 6/30/2016)

Sajochi

5 hours ago, Drufo said:

I love all of our suggestions... +1

Thank you, I and a couple of others put a bit of thought in this. 

Question, is there something you think could be added or tweaked? I like getting as many ideas in as possible so this rework suggestion truly is by the players instead of one guy wanting something badly.

1 hour ago, CrazyCortex said:

Question, is there something you think could be added or tweaked? I like getting as many ideas in as possible so this rework suggestion truly is by the players instead of one guy wanting something badly.

Eh, actually I don't know, I didn't play Chroma enough :/

Just now, Morphic224 said:

So now that Titania has gotten our bullet jump passive, what're we thinking of now for a passive?

We don;t really know the details for Titania's passive expect it's a copy of Zephyrs only extended to the team. We're focusing on a  third jump + elemental bullet jumps. Although, that is something to discuss if anyone has an idea for a passive for Chroma.

1 minute ago, CrazyCortex said:

We don;t really know the details for Titania's passive expect it's a copy of Zephyrs only extended to the team. We're focusing on a  third jump + elemental bullet jumps. Although, that is something to discuss if anyone has an idea for a passive for Chroma.

They said that she's getting better bullet jumps at tenno con. Having Chroma's be "yeah it's the same but elemental damage LOL" isn't appealing to me personally.

Ok, so I thought of a potential new passive. Keep in mind that I was running a fever when I thought of one of them, so it may need some refinement, or can just be scrapped altogether. I figured that giving him a semi-rage passive might help him stand out as a tanking frame, while also helping a bit with energy efficiency. I also thought of a couple more that can be discussed. If anyone has one they would like to add, please feel free to share.

Passive: Dragon's Rage

As Chroma takes health damage, he gains gains energy.

Passive: Elemental Fury

Chroma applies his current element to his weapon damage. This can also apply combined status effects with weapons that have at least 1 element. (Passive takes priority over mods.)

Passive: Rapid Resiliance

Chroma has innate health regen (this was the fever one I thought of)

Let me know if any of these sound alright.

i have started playing chroma and the first thing i have noticed that isn't in the op is the inability to cast chroma's other abilities while SS is active. i know you can cast before SS but - freedom right?

Spoiler

on a side note i am thinking of making a thread to improve status effects soon - please message me on the forums if you have any ideas chroma mains.

2 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

i have started playing chroma and the first thing i have noticed that isn't in the op is the inability to cast chroma's other abilities while SS is active. i know you can cast before SS but - freedom right?

Reveal hidden contents

on a side note i am thinking of making a thread to improve status effects soon - please message me on the forums if you have any ideas chroma mains.

Well, it kind of goes without saying since that would be a good cost for the ability with the suggested changes. Since we're asking for the removal of the animation lock to allow for more freedom when using SS, having it stop all other actions such as weapon firing/attacking and casting other abilities is fair. The current debate I'm trying to get going is on whether to make SS more status oriented or damage oriented.

If it's status oriented, the suggestions don't have to be tweaked much.

If damage oriented, we may have to drop Vex Armor Scaling and suggest other forms of scaling so we can maintain balance.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, something that I ran by my friend who also loves chroma, and play's him the most of all his frames is this - elemental ward augment needs a range buff for it to be viable, so that you dont have to run into kissing range and check in with your resident chroma, give poison element an aura similar to a toxin ancient, instead of it's currently underwhelming uses, make shock chroma randomly stun enemies that walk into certain radius (15m) every few seconds, fire and ice are relatively good as is. the one thing i suggested that he enjoys the most, completely remove chroma's first ability, and replace it as such: can only be used when effigy is active, toggleable ability, similar to vauban's two that prioritizes which of effigy's abilities are used the most, don't we all hate Effigy's RNGesus? how many times have you dropped effigy while reviving someone and gone *effigy, can you please scream. effigy. scream. @(*()$ SCREAM ALREADY PLS.* or you're credit farming, with effigy, and all he does is scream and throw the enemy backwards, and breathes fire once every 30s. obviously, effigy's abilities still have a cooldown, so it doesn't just afk scream, or afk breathe fire, but the goal is to make it similar to companions precepts, so that when off cooldown, effigy uses the prioritized ability first, ignoring it's other abilities, until it has used the selected ability

• 1 month later...
On 22/5/2016 at 4:47 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

For me I'd just combine his Vex Armor and Elemental Ward into one power. We all swipe both at the same time as it is when things get crazy. This frees him up for a new power. My suggestion for that opening is another Effigy that is mobile like a Kubrow.

I'd buff his armor and health even more so he's on par with Inaros. This might be an interesting theme for Monster Frames being health driven tanks going forward if De turns its attention to the Werewolf Frame fan concept Furion. 

Are you sane? Giving chroma mora armor and more health? Man he actually outerpass Inaros by waaaaaaay too much....

Ok inaros has passive high EHP, but if that happens,what would the point to use inaros then?

Personally i'd rather not seeing any changes to chroma, because Devs can mess up how strong he actually is.

Also on the main post there are too much perks, just think to other frames.... No one had such high synergy within their ability, so i personally would cut at least half to make it on par with othet frames...

Also 1 thing to note is that there are many Augments that exist just to make an ability work right, so i'm fine with everlasting ward...

And guys don't worry...chroma is my main warframe right now, and i don't want him to be changed just because i'm afraid of what Devs might mess up...