Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Pricing Help?

PaintedWolf

Question

I wasn't sure if this belonged in trading or not but I need some help pricing a pair of kubrows I bred today. As both are still puppies, size is unpredictable but I would like to know a price range of the two as they currently stand. Also, how rare is dark blue? I have been trying to get the colour for a long time and have only managed to get it twice via random incubation and once via breeding kubrows with the colour.

Saskia here is a dark blue, gold, and sky blue Sunika Lotus kubrow. She has icy blue eyes. Her body type is expected to be like her parents', as they share the same body type (see bottom of post!).

2l94oio.jpg

Katja, on the other hand, is a gold, coffee brown, and sky blue Sunika Lotus kubrow. She has pink-ish eyes and is expected to have the same body type as Saskia.

2cqeb03.jpg

Below are the expected body types of these two pups.

121zk43.jpg

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Zhoyzu said:

how'd you get the fat ugly one to have two healthy and properly proportioned pups?

Fat ugly one being which? :P Either way, I guess I was just incredibly lucky. Been trying to get pups like these two for months.

I would say Saskia is worth around 200-250p (single rare color athletic body type)

kajita is about the same. also just wanted to add pricing is difficult for kubrows, just because it's worth X amount doesn't mean that's what you will get. I have been buying / breeding kubrows for quite some time and have bought and sold MANY single golds in the 200p + range. In the end, it's worth what somebody will pay. with that said, I'd advertise in the 200p range if you actually want to get some platinum.

1 hour ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

I would say Saskia is worth around 200-250p (single rare color athletic body type)

kajita is about the same. also just wanted to add pricing is difficult for kubrows, just because it's worth X amount doesn't mean that's what you will get. I have been buying / breeding kubrows for quite some time and have bought and sold MANY single golds in the 200p + range. In the end, it's worth what somebody will pay. with that said, I'd advertise in the 200p range if you actually want to get some platinum.

I thought dark blue was rare too?

Can someone explain to me, what makes Kubrow's so pricey? Do different colors give different benefits (rare colours=more hp, for example?) Or is it just that they "look pretty" and thus are worth more? Or do people actually ask for higher prices just because a combination is more rare (even if it looks really ugly)?

As in: "This kubrow is no better than the next, and looks horrible, but hey - having gold, purple and blue in the same kubrow is _really_ small chance! It's rare!"?

Just now, Tomppak said:

Can someone explain to me, what makes Kubrow's so pricey? Do different colors give different benefits (rare colours=more hp, for example?) Or is it just that they "look pretty" and thus are worth more? Or do people actually ask for higher prices just because a combination is more rare (even if it looks really ugly)?

As in: "This kubrow is no better than the next, and looks horrible, but hey - having gold, purple and blue in the same kubrow is _really_ small chance! It's rare!"?

Certain colours are more rare than others. Sometimes, however, nice-looking kubrows just generally go for more because they simply look nice and aren't easy to get that way. As I stated above, it took me a long time to get a kubrow like Saskia. It was a personal goal of mine to get a kubrow like her because, to me, it looks great. Still, colours do play a large part as well as pattern. The Lotus pattern is, I believe, the rarest of them all.

6 hours ago, Tomppak said:

Yes i can explain, different colors are more rare then others but basically gold is most rare color. there are 3 color slots per kubrow (not counting the energy and tetriary color) so basically you can have up to a "triple rare" colored kubrow. If you have a triple rare, they usually sell for thousands of plat (yes i said thousands) 

Also body type has to do with pricing. for example, a "bulky" body type is worth more then 'athletic' or 'skinny' (I believe it's because of rarity and or what players like) so basically if you have 2 kubrows that are the exact same colors, but one is bulky and other one isn't you will USUALLY be able to sell the bulky for a tad more.

Also fur pattern determines the price as well, "lotus" pattern is the most rare, thus is worth more. (followed by domino pattern and then i believe hound pattern)

Also just wanted to add, some players throw the term 'Omega' kubrow around. This means the kubrow is both bulky body type AND really tall. A lot of players do not realize however that 'omega' imprints do NOT add any value. Height and gender of a kubrow is ALWAYS rng. so never buy people that post 'omega' imprints...because that really just shows they don't know much about breeding and think the prints are worth more...Trust me there not.

colors do not effect HP or anything other then visual appearance. people just like having crazy colored kubrows and are willing to pay for the 'rare' colors.

hope this helps

Edited by SaucyTuckermax
added stuff