Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor and Sonicor.

Zhoyzu

Question

These weapons trouble me, i have no idea how to build them for decent effectiveness. Ive played around with opticor a bit but havent found anything thats really just "hit the sweet spot".  Also the weapon seems most effective when fired at the ground near enemies for the aoe.

and sonicor, wouldnt quite know where to begin other than just throwing in lethal torrent raw dmg and barrel difusion. I watched mirage destroy a map with the sonicor and kinda want to know how to operate this weapon lol.

Also if anyones used sibear, how'd you build it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Zhoyzu

5 answers to this question

• Sonicor has incredible Status, so just load up on lots of that.
  • then fill the rest of the Slots with Multishot and Damage and whatever.
  • Status and Multishot is all that's really important here(Stunning Speed is pretty useful, to make the Reload less slow as hell and get a bit more Status). the majority of Sonicors' Damage comes from the multihitting Bug with Ragdolls.
  • also note that when you Ragdoll the Enemy, they'll forget you exist before they hit the ground. you can take advantage of this if you say, do a Ground Finisher, and then back off so that the Enemy doesn't see you. if your Melee Weapon applies DoT, the DoT will get Stealth Multipliers. (this isn't unique to Sonicor or anything, just a convenient way to do it)

• the... 'sweet spot' with Opticor is however much Speed you feel comfortable with. only using the Ground AoE means you deal VERY little Damage, as the AoE only deals a fraction of the total Damage.
  • the recommended method is to have Punch-Through so that you can hit an Enemy, and also hit the ground behind it, so that you can hit with both sources of Damage.
  • Heavy Caliber also has basically no effect on Opticor.

• setup Sibear very similarly to how you'd use Jat Kittag, just without always equipping Primed Reach, since Sibears' Ground Smash isn't as incredible as Jat Kittag.
  • Sibear has a significantly superior rate of applying Elemental Status than other Hammers. Charge Attack even has a Status Chance bonus.
Edited by taiiat

Opticore? I'll handle this!

Put Vile acceleration and shred in your opticore build.  That's all the firerate you really need speed trigger is just excess at that point. the 15% dmg penalty from vile is forgettable given how much damage opticore puts out.

I've used my opticore many ways for many days, and my favorite setups tend to focus on firerate so I can still fire quickly enough to kill nullifiers without their shields recharging. After that the usual damage mods and heavy caliber if you have it apply for your standard build.  Sidenote:Opticore has enough crit chance to get over 33% which means it's possible to run a crit build, though inconsistent the crits will be monstrous, if you're an accurate shooter who hits heads often this may actually yield more damage but is obviously more demanding.

Punch through on the opticore is preferred for me though it seems to be a matter of personal preferance, some people run the explosion radius mod(Yes the opticore can use that) and rely on the splash it's splash damage has some odd quirks though that take getting used to and like all explosives deals reduced damage the farther away from the source the targets are so if you are the sort that prefers splash over direct fire consider using a firestorm mod. I've tried both but ended up preferring shooting things in the face with my laser cannon and piercing lines of enemies to splashing crowds. the latter is easier to former is just more efficient in my opinion.

And one final thing: Opticore's high damage means status effects also deal high damage. If you have the elemental dual stat mods opticore can be quite vicious with status effects able to get over 50% proc rate and still come out with damage in the 20k+ range even without heavy cal. If you don't have event mods though you may have to get creative with your builds. Personally I prefer focusing the opticore as an anti-armor damage type weapon because armor's % reduction will wreck havok on your big juicy damage numbers otherwise.

I am soon going to be using the sonicor Since all my previous secondaries have been single shot accuracy weps, and no auto or semi auto.

I have seen advice to use the sonicor for crowd control, so now I will try that.

The Opricor I have been using for a while.  It is quite good, but falls short against heavies in T3 very fast. I use a fast reload/charge build with corrosive and punchtrough  but maby I  need status to be really effective? 

Punch through do give me multiple hits though when charged to full and that is really nice.

I wish it was wither better at blastradius or that it had more dmg and faster reload than it do. 

We.need incentive to not only.use soma prime and synoid simulor - I am MR 8 so I can't get the great guns, and find myself using the Tonkor more and more as an alternative.