Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon DPS

MKDLMR

Question

Currently using a Blood Rush Body Count build with the following the weapons:

Scindo Prime with Tempo Royale 

Nikana Prime with Blind Justice 

Prisma Dual Cleavers with Justice Blades and Swirling Tiger. 

Which is the best FPS? 

21 answers to this question

I'd have to go with Scindo Prime because crit chance is same as Nikana Prime and it has higher base damage than the Nikana Prime and although it has slower attack speed with berserker and constant crits of blood rush you won't feel it once it's fully proc'd.

7 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

It's overrated

It's not.

My answer :

Nikana prime for very high level if you use the pause combo of the blind justice because it deals true damage on slash DoT

OR

Scindo prime if you used the spin from cleaving whirlwind

Hey dude! 

So i've done extesive testing on this subject becouse everybody gave me diffrent answers when i asked this very question. 

And the longer i played i begun to understand that it all comes down to style and personal preference really.. 

For me, as i love fast weapons the prisma cleavers is the ovious choice, and i can go all the way with them with a corrosive/crit build. 

Also the prisma cleavers will heal you quit often, so life strike is not really needed here and that leaves you a slot open for an additional damage/crit/A-speed mod and it stuns the targets aswell as deals damage to them.. this stuff is important to take in to consideration aswell.

Where the real diffrence in dps comes out is how you play, how fast you can get to the next target and with what frame you use aswell as your use of the combo's sich the stances offer. 

Technically speaking, the Scindo will outperform in both upfront and DoT all of the others due to Cleaving Whirlwind's Broken Bullsh*t combo.

Also, Impact based weapons are not at all good in endgame situations due to the fact that they can't have the Finisher damage of Bleed procs stacks based off stacking multipliers (namely, base damage mods*crit multiplier*combo multiplier*stance multiplier), that unless you have a way to completely remove armour from target.

That though MIGHT change with the Fragor Prime, because of its humongous crit advantage over every other melee weapon in the game. Will have to see (still trying to get the handle to drop). But War does not have enough of a raw number advantage to compensate the Scindo's Bleed procs.

That said, Prisma Dual Cleavers are an oddball. I'm in no mood of doing a checkup but with 25% status and the double base damage mod thay can achieve humongous amounts of Bleed procs and i think there might be a cutoff somewhere where they become better than the Scindo due to the sheer volume of DoT Finisher damage they put out. That always considering no armour removal is in place. Still do not think it's enough to compensate the Broken Bullsh*t combo tbh.

In case you have a way to fully remove armour, it's probably Fragor=Scindo>War>anything else by a mile and a half.

Edited by Autongnosis

1 minute ago, Ryddem said:

Hey dude! 

So i've done extesive testing on this subject becouse everybody gave me diffrent answers when i asked this very question. 

And the longer i played i begun to understand that it all comes down to style and personal preference really.. 

For me, as i love fast weapons the prisma cleavers is the ovious choice, and i can go all the way with them with a corrosive/crit build. 

Also the prisma cleavers will heal you quit often, so life strike is not really needed here and that leaves you a slot open for an additional damage/crit/A-speed mod and it stuns the targets aswell as deals damage to them.. this stuff is important to take in to consideration aswell.

Where the real diffrence in dps comes out is how you play, how fast you can get to the next target and with what frame you use aswell as your use of the combo's sich the stances offer. 

Thanks For The Information, I dont have the dual cleavers and i do not no how to get them but I'll look it up but i need good weopons aswell im building dread and i need a good melee which will be dual cleavers and the secondary weapon.

Well, Im in MR#4 (Master Rank 4). I have loki prime and 2 primed flow, one of them im gonna sell and my goal in warframe is to get ash prime and frost prime and rhino prime and ivara! 

It sounds hard but Ill get them one by one! 

2 minutes ago, UltronixPrime said:

Thanks For The Information, I dont have the dual cleavers and i do not no how to get them but I'll look it up but i need good weopons aswell im building dread and i need a good melee which will be dual cleavers and the secondary weapon.

Well, Im in MR#4 (Master Rank 4). I have loki prime and 2 primed flow, one of them im gonna sell and my goal in warframe is to get ash prime and frost prime and rhino prime and ivara! 

It sounds hard but Ill get them one by one! 

The Dual prisma cleavers is only obtainable through the void trader and he brought them for about a month ago so i don't think he'll bring em' back anytime soon =/

But you can buy them of other players, i think that the price is lowered now when he just recently was here..

And about your primed flow.. save it untill it returns to its original price i did the same and im saving it :P

But if you want straight melee frames you should go for  Inaros/Excalibur/VALKYR(WINK WINK)/Chroma as they are kinda sorta built for a more toe to toe combat style!

12 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Scindo Prime is the strongest of the three. And I'm pretty sure of all melees.

Of the three listed you are correct, but there are higher DPS melee weapons out there with the same range, they are just harder to get. 

War.

I'm talking about War.

Just now, GrimKonstantin said:

Of the three listed you are correct, but there are higher DPS melee weapons out there with the same range, they are just harder to get. 

War.

I'm talking about War.

War will never come close to scindo prime. The impact base damage is very bad compared to slash base damage which allows pretty reliable slash procs.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

War will never come close to scindo prime. The impact base damage is very bad compared to slash base damage which allows pretty reliable slash procs.

I agree the slash procs are nice, and that I don't feel a player needs to get a War (too much of a PITA get). But on paper with the math War wins out. It is the highest DPS weapon. But it doesn't make it the best, there I am sure we are in agreement.

Just now, GrimKonstantin said:

I agree the slash procs are nice, and that I don't feel a player needs to get a War (too much of a PITA get). But on paper with the math War wins out. It is the highest DPS weapon. But it doesn't make it the best, there I am sure we are in agreement.

It doesn't win on paper either if you take damage types and procs into account.

Yeah I agree it doesn't make it the best. There are stuff like Orthos Prime for example that has a different job that Scindo can't even dream to do.