Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you play Warframe?

10 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

I play Warframe because I like the gameplay of combining guns, melee, and warframe abilities to decimate hordes of enemy. I run endless missions like survival and defense because they provide situations where I have to adapt or I won't make it far. The rewards that drop at every 5waves/mins are just icing on the cake. My real reward is that I have fun playing the game. So I ask you, fellow Tenno, why do you play Warframe? Is it the same as I or are you here for the loot? If for loot, why don't you play other games like Diablo or Borderlands? If you think the game is "grindy", why don't you move on to another game where loot is less grindy? If you don't enjoy playing Warframe, then why are you torturing yourself? 

I want to ask this question to allow some to take a step back, clear the mind, and realize if Warframe is the right game to play.

I play because of the great amount of player control on both in game handling but customizing of look as well as weaponry/abilities BUT I liked it better when you had your abilities as mods and YOU chose what level or what abilities you wanted

Being able to find your favorite frames, since they have so many to chose from ^^ I started the game with Volt and his speed and electricity powers pulled me into the game, as well as its great graphics and parkour/ being able to melee (swords were always more to my liking than point and shoot, which is why I avoid shooters for the most part).

I also appreciate the humor that devs put in their update messages, it just gives it a lighter atmosphere, along with all the potato puns and moonlight threshcones. 

It is the only free to play game that handled its cash shop well, and you dont feel pressured to spend money in it. Its also really cool that they add fan designs to the game or as vanity. 

As I'm on xbox, usually I stop playing a game, even if I like it, when I get all the achievements.
With that in mind; I have all the achievements for Warframe, and didn't stop playing since I started.
Keeps me interested, with all the updates, new primes, new weapons, mods and all that.
It has a unique style.

DE have managed to get the secret sauce right with Warframe.

They've kept me invested for over two years, not many games have demanded my time like that.

I spend my days grinding plat in anticipation for each update; at this point...I'm enjoying the ride until the servers are turned off.

This may seem dumb, but I want to be proud of a game and its devs. I want to witness some greatness, and that's why I'm sticking with this game as long as possible. It's always about a promise of a bright future, and as much as I try to convince myself otherwise, DE always seems to draw me in.

Also, it's fun.

- pve co-op (minus that mission summary screen)

- sci-fi

- third person

- AAA quality

- Seems like a labor of love for the devs.

- One of the few f2p games where I don't feel like a chump for spending money.  The overall quality warrants it.

I like collecting things and I have spent most of my time in this game collecting all the frames and weapons. Now that I have all but 5 items that are in the codex, I want to try and potato and forma all the things.

Would love to faces of randoms when I join a Sortie with modded up MK1 gear.

I've put so much money in this game already and I love it and want more 

FASHION IS A LIFE STYLE 

I am a collector 

I like that missions can be run as long or as fast as I want, I don't get too involve in the story so I don't form attachments, I needed s break from all the heavy stuff like fall out 4.

On 5/24/2016 at 5:00 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • is cooperative and has online multiplayer
  • has a great community
  • is sci-fi, which I like
  • is inspirational
  • is unique
  • is one of the best games I've ever played.

Pretty much this. That and warframe is like the best free to play game out there. And sadly...I'm so far invested into the game at this point that i just can't see myself breaking away from it unless I'm like...in a hospital or something.

There is no other free to play game like warframe, and I cannot think of a buy to play game that is as unique as warframe is, it really is in a class all of it's own.

Warframe:

• Because my best friend told me to!
  • Because sci-fi, and I love sci-fi
  • Melee combat. Melee carnage. OHHH MYYYYY!
  • Has great devs who care about the community
  • Has quirky and nice community
  • Intriguing lore & story. Want moreeeee!
  • Makes me smile. Laugh.
  • Is unique & weird, in a nice way
  • Great to blow off some steam. Someone irks you? Go on a rampage. RAWRRR.
  • Rewards effort. The more you put in, the more you get out of game

The game is balanced to be a Free to Play game, it's more beneficial to just farm the Frames instead of out-right buying it with Platinum (Real money). You're encouraged to work for stronger Frames/Weapons, since you can't directly buy them with Platinum.

While Platinum itself is currency bought with real money, you can just as easily get Platinum by trading your rare items for it, without spending a dime.

Plus, the community is pretty great, you form bonds with Clan members, work with others to finish quest, etc. It's simple and fun, with new content being constantly added to the game (Umbras and new Frames/Weapons being added in the future).

On 25/05/2016 at 0:00 AM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • is cooperative and has online multiplayer
  • has a great community
  • is sci-fi, which I like
  • is inspirational
  • is unique
  • is one of the best games I've ever played.

Pretty much the same but replaced (sci-fi) to (Dark Theme/ mofo-ing NINJAS) and added (Developers who don't treat their playerbase like as walking moneybags therefore like S#&$!)