Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Conversion question

Sunfaiz

Question

The mod it self doesn't help much and wiki doesn't state it but I would like some clarification. 

When the Orb is picked up does the 50% combine Additively or Multiplicatively ?

So in Layman's if I have 40% power strength before picking up orb does it become 90%(40+50) or 60 (40+ 40*0.5) ?

9 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Sunfaiz said:

So in Layman's if I have 40% power strength before picking up orb does it become 90%(40+50) or 60 (40+ 40*0.5) ?

Yes.

Does it stack? well it feels like this mod is buggy but 50% increase is set in stone.

Does it go to 100% or 150% when you stack them? i say no because i did stack 125 energy (5 energy orbs) and didn't see difference.

additive, will raise from 40% to 90%

can be used on Nova, if you want to switch between speed/neutral or neutral/slow or at any warframe that have toggleable ability, since the power strenght buff will be applied to the ability until turn it off (World on Fire, Exalted Blade, Artemis Bow...)

14 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Does it stack? well it feels like this mod is buggy but 50% increase is set in stone.

nope, doesn't stack, unlike Health Conversion, which can stack 3 times (besides doesn't work greatly on any warframe beyond Nekros, because he can generate health orbs whenever he wishes)

5 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

nope, doesn't stack, unlike Health Conversion, which can stack 3 times (besides doesn't work greatly on any warframe beyond Nekros, because he can generate health orbs whenever he wishes)

It does and at times randomly too.

I am using it with Equinox for Pacify & Provoke and did managed to get it from 60% (start of the ability with this energy mod) to 80% (the ability limit) but couldn't reproduce it again at all, i wish i took a screenshot :(

With this build, Provoke start at 28% but with energy conversion mod it start at 38% and goes to 66.99999%! 

eDVFuoc.jpg

nMSUaBq.jpg

2 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

It does and at times randomly too.

I am using it with Equinox for Pacify & Provoke and did managed to get it from 60% (start of the ability with this energy mod) to 80% (the ability limit) but couldn't reproduce it again at all, i wish i took a screenshot :(

With this build, Provoke start at 28% but with energy conversion mod it start at 38% and goes to 66.99999%! 

-sip image-

ok, let's considere my theory that you have 200% power strenght for provoke:

start at 20 * 2 (+100% extra power strenght) = 40% power strenght initially

the maximum amount earned is 15 (mod) * 2 (+100% extra power strenght) = 30% maximum bonus from Peaceful Provocation [yes, this value is affected by base power strenght until the ability reach 80% total power strenght bonus]

you maximum amount becomes 70% with provoke at 200% power strenght

now you, without the energy conversion:

20% * 1.4 (+40% extra power strenght) = 28% base ability

15% * 1.4 (+40% extra power strenght) = 21% bonus from Peaceful Provocation

maximum amount = 49%

with power conversion by my theory (only one stack and additive):

20% * 1.9 (+40% extra power strenght plus +50% from energy conversion) = 38% base ability

15% * 1.9 (the same above) = 28,5% bonus from Peaceful Provocation

maximum amount = 66.5% total bonus

with power conversion by your theory (2 additive stacks):

20% * 2.4 = 48% (by one way or another, busted, you need an total 300% power strenght to start at 60%)

15% * 2.4 = 36% 

maximum amount = 80% (the ability have its cap raised from 50 to 80% because of Peaceful Provocation, but can't surpass this, even with this augment)

you just prove my point (besides... something's wrong, 66.9999...%? maybe warframe doesn't deal greatly with decimals...)

if you understood in different way, i was trying to tell about the energy conversion that can't be combined with itself, since only can work one buff of it each cast, but you can use one energy conversion charge to beef up one toggleable ability and use the another charge to buff other ability, but never the same ability twice, since if you turn it off, you lose it

Edited by Zeyez
little math mistake, but nothing that change the final result

2 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

ok, let's considere my theory that you have 200% power strenght for provoke:

start at 20 * 2 (+100% extra power strenght) = 40% power strenght initially

the maximum amount earned is 15 (mod) * 2 (+100% extra power strenght) = 30% maximum bonus from Peaceful Provocation [yes, this value is affected by base power strenght until the ability reach 80% total power strenght bonus]

you maximum amount becomes 70% with provoke at 200% power strenght

now you, without the energy conversion:

20% * 1.4 (+40% extra power strenght) = 28% base ability

15% * 1.4 (+40% extra power strenght) = 21% bonus from Peaceful Provocation

maximum amount = 49%

with power conversion by my theory (only one stack and additive):

20% * 1.9 (+40% extra power strenght plus +50% from energy conversion) = 38% base ability

15% * 1.9 (the same above) = 28,5% bonus from Peaceful Provocation

maximum amount = 66.5% total bonus

with power conversion by your theory (2 additive stacks):

20% * 2.4 = 48% (by one way or another, busted, you need an total 300% power strenght to start at 60%)

15% * 2.4 = 36% 

maximum amount = 78% (the ability have its cap raised from 50 to 80% because of Peaceful Provocation, but can't surpass this, even with this augment)

you just prove my point (besides... something's wrong, 66.9999...%? maybe warframe doesn't deal greatly with decimals...)

if you understood in different way, i was trying to tell about the energy conversion that can't be combined with itself, since only can work one buff of it each cast, but you can use one energy conversion charge to beef up one toggleable ability and use the another charge to buff other ability, but never the same ability twice, since if you turn it off, you lose it

1. this is not a theory but it did happen to me, how i don't know nor i could produce it again.

2. the build i showed in this thread is the build which i got 80% with, not 200% power strength build but 140% + 50% from energy conversion.

3. i agree that WF can't handle numbers :

NnVN0d7.jpg

4. not arguing here but sometimes bugframe is just bugframe :/

On 5/25/2016 at 10:31 AM, Zeyez said:

additive, will raise from 40% to 90%

can be used on Nova, if you want to switch between speed/neutral or neutral/slow or at any warframe that have toggleable ability, since the power strenght buff will be applied to the ability until turn it off (World on Fire, Exalted Blade, Artemis Bow...)

Oh my!  I will have to rethink my original thoughts on this mod.