Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Melee Warframes

SinLortuen

Focussing on melee is a bad idea. Melee weapons are not effective enough to be used solely by themselves. At least have a good rifle and secondary with you.

If you want Warframes with melee based abilities and "buffs", go for Excalibur and Rhino for their dash attacks, Loki and Ash for their their invisibility, which allows you to get melee crits, or Saryn for her Contagion ability that gives her melee weapon some extra poison damage.

Loki and Ash for bonus damage while invis, Trinity can Link + Energy Vamp combo to even go toe to toe with toxics, Rhino for being sturdy, Frost for snow globe (and some sturdiness.. although not as much as Rhino's Iron Skin), Saryn for contagion melee buff, Nyx for chaosing an army while slashing away...

...Really a lot of frames can pull off melee well, just pick n' choose.

Primo: Ember is a Caster, not meele/CQB

Secundo: Ember got weaker shields and less HP than Rhino

Tertio: Rhino got Iron Skin

Quadro: All Rhino's abilities are based on physical attack

One: You underestimate Ember..

Two: Overheat reduces all damage by 90% including damage done to shields...

Three: Okay who cares...?

Four: Ember is the best close combat Frame due to Overheat plus World on Fire making her nearly invincible and doing massive amounts of damage...

Ember > Rhino... Toxics wont hurt her and she cannot be knocked back during Overheat...

Loki, Ash, Excalibur, Ember or Rhino are all good choices for "melee Oriented Frames".  I don't care for Saryn though, maybe I need to give her more time, but her Melee power "Contagion" just doesn't seem as good at Ember's or Rhino's

Four: Ember is the best close combat Frame due to Overheat plus World on Fire making her nearly invincible and doing massive amounts of damage...

Ember > Rhino... Toxics wont hurt her and she cannot be knocked back during Overheat...

So is ember easy to farm? Because he really looks like a badass.

I would say Ash as he just seems to be made for melee combat, but melee shouldn't be a main strategy and should only be something used when you ran out of a clip and the enemy is almost dead or for weaker enemies.

Melee is perfectly fine as a primary style of play. Why there is dodge, slide attack, jump attack. You just have to be good, anyone can left click down mobs.

Ash is a good Warframe for close combat. Thanks to his invisibility he can hit and run away. He has defence, a good quantity of health and schields and he's the most quick Warframe till now.

I used it and I have to say: it's a very bad guy. His damage skills need to be fixed, but however hes fine.

Ember, Ash and Loki are the best melee frames.

Ember can pop Overheat for an incoming damage reduction of 91% while it panics and burns nearby enemies.

Ash and Loki have invisibility, which lets them get a lot of bonus exploit damage on every shot. Loki's invisibility lasts longer, but Ash's costs less and cloaks your sentinel.

Toxics can't hurt you during iron skin either.

I'd say rhino, frost or ash. And go with dual ether.

Build Loki for movement speed, power duration, and power efficiency, and you've got the best melee class. Max Invisibility with max Continuity gives you 13 seconds of invisibility, which boosts your charge attack damage output as well, and if you have max Streamline, it'll cost around 35 energy instead of 50. 13 seconds to murder everything, re-cloak, and repeat.

I'm currently trying to use Nyx for the job, but it's not really a fair comparison since the enemy isn't offering any resistance, and often even helping. :P

On a more serious note, if you want to use mostly melee, you want either a stealth frame, as in Ash or Loki, or a tankier frame like Rhino, Ember, and maaaybe Frost. Higher level enemies will chew you up if you try to get to grips with them without something to keep you alive.

My personal picks are Loki and Ember out of the two categories. Ember, because she makes full-time melee againist infested a joy, and Loki, because his ultimate makes Moas try to kick you to death. Enough said.

Edited by Wetsuit