Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinner & Corpus Style

The.Night.Wolf

Question

Hey guys I've been working on fleshing out my Warframe designs and I need some help since I've been gone for nearly a year.

A) What are usable Grineer Warframes, Weapons, Attachments, etc.?

B) What are usable Corpus Warframes, Weapons, Attachments, etc.?

I want to look at their design so I can draw better and figure out their themes for future use but the current application will be making faction styled loadouts (ie: corpus weps and attachments)

BONUS:

C) What are usable Infested Warframes, Weapons, Attachments, etc.?

9 answers to this question

grineer armor: Harkonar

corpus armor: Dendra

infested armor: Iliac

grineer syandana: Vaykor, Vanquished, Rath Kittag, Harkonar

corpus syandana: Secura, Opulas

infested syandana: Iliac

for frames so far saryn is the only frame that u can fit in a theme like this she is infested but still somewhat tenno style

weapons are quite a few propably to many to list them all here

but ill try to make a few categorys appart from the stuff the enemys use themselfs

grineer: everything with wraith (and ofc the normal version aswell), everything with vaykor (and normal version), dont forget vay heks backscrater sheev

corpus: everything with vandal (and ofc the normal version aswell), everything with secura (and normal version)

infested: all the stuff with tentacles, teeth, claws and shrooms on it oh and ofc all living weapons

this is a good place to see a picture of all weapons very easy and quickly and u should be able to tell very quickly if a weapon is grineer, corpus or infested style

(there are more styles than that e.g. tenno, orokin, sentient, ... )

Edited by Weidro

30 minutes ago, The.Night.Wolf said:

Hey guys I've been working on fleshing out my Warframe designs and I need some help since I've been gone for nearly a year.

A) What are usable Grineer Warframes, Weapons, Attachments, etc.?

B) What are usable Corpus Warframes, Weapons, Attachments, etc.?

I want to look at their design so I can draw better and figure out their themes for future use but the current application will be making faction styled loadouts (ie: corpus weps and attachments)

BONUS:

C) What are usable Infested Warframes, Weapons, Attachments, etc.?

Chances are that we will never get a Grineer or Corpus Warframe. Saryn/ Prime is already kinda Infested.

But either way, Grineer would be very industrial in design, somewhat bulbous, shiny, and lots of knobs and stuff.

Corpus would be very futuristic, minimalist, and steel. Lots of straight lines and energy patterns.

12 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Chances are that we will never get a Grineer or Corpus Warframe. Saryn/ Prime is already kinda Infested.

But either way, Grineer would be very industrial in design, somewhat bulbous, shiny, and lots of knobs and stuff.

Corpus would be very futuristic, minimalist, and steel. Lots of straight lines and energy patterns.

This is the answer, pretty much. All Warframes right now (and very likely into the future) will always be Orokin/Tenno in design. They'll have other inspirations for sure, but their overall design will remain with Orokin/Tenno. 

In several Art Devstreams, the Devs on the Art Team have gone into detail several times about the visual design of factions. Grineer are bulbous and asymmetrical, whereas Corpus are full of straight-lines, hard edges, and symmetry. For Infested, they're design is essentially organic/diseased looking stuff mixed with the other themes of the Grineer and Corpus.

For identifying what item belongs to what, you can often tell which faction "owns" it by the name. Grineer typically name things with harsh, abrupt spelling. For example: "Brunt, Harkonar"; They make frequent use of the letter K, I've noticed. The Corpus very often have things that end in "-a". Example: "Lecta, Supra, Dera". 

Here's a good look guide for the factions:

Grineer has a bit of a dieselpunk look to them, something along the lines of 1940's retrofuturistic tech, like Maschinen Krieger, with somewhat ovoid shapes and lines. They also have an old and poorly maintained feel to it, abit cobbled up here and there.

Corpus has a tinge of Art Deco feel to it, with a lot of square and angular shapes, as well as sleek flows. They have a new, bright look to them.

Infested is more random-organic, very Tyranid / Zerg, and a bit cthulhu-esque old-gods for their older forms.

If you want to get a feel for each faction's aesthetics, it's best to look at their gear and who uses it.  I've taken the liberty of compiling a list of each faction's gear and who uses it for you.

GRINEER

Primary Weapons

• Grakata (assault rifle used by Grineer Lancers, Frontier Lancers, Arid Lancers, and Drekar Lancers)
  • Vulkar (sniper rifle used by Grineer Ballista, also used by Ven'kra Tel)
  • Gorgon (machine gun used by Grineer Heavy Gunners, also used by Lieutenant Lech Kril on enemies that are too far away to be struck by his hammer)
  • Ogris (rocket launcher used by Grineer Bombards, Manic Bombards, and Nightwatch Bombards, as well as Executioner Gorth)
  • Hind (burst rifle used by Grineer Elite Lancers and Arid Elite Lancers)
  • Miter (sawblade launcher used by Grineer Eviscerators, Frontier Eviscerators, Arid Eviscerators, and Drekar Eviscerators)
  • Karak (assault rifle used by Grineer Frontier Elite Lancers.  The Wraith version is utilized by Nightwatch Lancers.)
  • Harpak (harpoon gun used by Grineer Drekar Elite Lancers and Draga)
  • Sobek (drum-fed combat shotgun used by Grineer Troopers, Frontier Troopers, Arid Troopers, and Drekar Troopers)
  • Ignis (flamethrower used by Grineer Scorches and Hyekka Masters, also used by Executioner Zura)
  • Hek (heavy shotgun used solely by Vem Tabook of the Grustrag Three, though it is designed and named for Councilor Vay Hek, whose Terra Frame utilizes a scaled-up version of the weapon suitable for mounting on turret emplacements or vehicles)
  • Drakgoon (shrapnel cannon used solely by Executioner Reth)
  • Tonkor (heavy grenade launcher used by Nightwatch Reavers)

Secondary Weapons

• Kraken (burst pistol used by Grineer Seekers, Frontier Seekers, Arid Seekers, and Drekar Seekers)
  • Viper (machine pistol used by Grineer Shield Lancers)
  • Seer (hybrid Orokin/Grineer pistol utilized solely by Captain Vor as his signature sidearm)
  • Kulstar (cluster-rocket launcher used by Grineer Darek Draga)
  • Marelok (heavy-caliber pistol, used solely by Shik Tal of the Grustrag Three, though his is modified to fire unguided rockets)
  • Nukor (Microwave emitter used by Nightwatch Seekers)

Melee Weapons

• Dual Cleavers (Grineer Butchers use a single Cleaver, but this is unavailable for Tenno)
  • Twin Basolk (Twin pyrotechnic axes used by Grineer Flameblades, also used by Executioner Garesh, who is capable of throwing them like a Halikar)
  • Amphis (Staff weapon with electrified caps on each end, used by Grineer Guardsmen and Prosecutors, as well as Executioner Dok Thul)
  • Furax (Grineer Powerfists use a single Furax, but this is unavailable for Tenno.)
  • Machete (Crude hacking and chopping implement, used by Grineer Scorpions)
  • Halikar (Rocket-propelled throwing mace, used by Grineer Drahk Masters)
  • Sydon (Electrified Trident used by Grineer Shock Draga)
  • Brokk Hammer (available as a skin for the Fragor and Fragor Prime, used solely by Lieutenant Lech Kril)
  • Manticore Axe (available as a skin for the Scindo and Scindo Prime, used solely by Sprag)
  • Jat Kittag (Heavy jet-powered hammer used by Grineer Bailiffs and Nightwatch Bailiffs.  A modified, double-headed version of this hammer is used by Executioner Vay Molta)
  • Ripkas (Executioner Zura uses a single Ripka claw, but this is unavailable to Tenno)
  • Sheev ( Dagger used by Executioners Reth, Nok, and Harkonar)
  • Ack & Brunt (Axe & Shield combo originally used by Tyl Regor, also utilized by Executioner Gorth)

In addition to these, there are a number of weapons that use Grineer aesthetics or obvious Grineer technology, but are not actually used by the Grineer in the field.  Many of these are available from the Tenno Chemical Lab, which focuses primarily on Grineer-style ballistic and chemical-based technology.

They include

• Buzlok (homing rifle)
  • Grinlok (lever-action combat rifle)
  • Kohm (energy shotgun)
  • Vaykor Hek (Steel Meridian Syndicate variant of the Hek shotgun)
  • Vaykor Marelok (Steel Meridian Syndicate variant of the Marelok heavy pistol)
  • Kohmak (pistol-sized energy shotgun)
  • Twin Kohmak (dual-wielded asymmetrical Kohmaks)
  • Brakk (heavy shotgun, available only by farming its pieces from the Grustrag Three)

Finally there are Wraith and Prisma variants of a few Grineer weapons, such as the Machete Wraith, Karak Wraith, Gorgon Wraith, Wraith Twin Vipers, Vulkar Wraith, Furax Wraith, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Prisma Gorgon, and Prisma Grakata.

Grineer-styled Cosmetics include...

• Harkonar Armor Pieces (purchased with Platinum from the Market, either individually or via the Harkonar Armor Bundle.  Worn by Executioner Harkonar.)
  • Rath Kittag Cloak (Syandana, purchased with Platinum from the Market)
  • Vanquished Banner (Syandana, purchased with Platinum from the Market, either individually or via the Echose Syandana Pack bundle)
  • Jattuk Mantle (Syandana, purchased via Steam Funds from the Market)
  • Vaykor Syandana (Steel Meridian syndicate Syandana)

CORPUS

Primary Weapons

• Dera (Energy Rifle, used by Corpus Crewmen)
  • Flux Rifle (Continuous-beam Laser, used by Corpus Elite Crewmen)
  • Lanka (Railgun-based sniper rifle, used by Corpus Nullifier Crewmen and Sniper Crewmen, as well as The Sargeant)
  • Supra (Pulse-laser machinegun, used by Corpus Techs)
  • Glaxion (Cryogenic energy-beam weapon, used by some Corpus Capture Targets)
  • Penta (Remote-detonated grenade launcher, used by Corpus Penta Rangers)
  • Quanta (Continuous-beam mining laser and explosive cube launcher, used by Corpus Quanta Rangers)

Secondary Weapons

• Detron (energy scattergun, used by Corpus Detron Crewmen, only available from farming the parts from the Zanuka Hunter.  A homing variation is used by Swarmer variants of Corpus Comba, Scrambus and Datalyst units.)
  • Angstrum (Pistol-sized rocket launcher, used by Seeker variants of Corpus Comba, Scrambus, and Datalyst units)

Melee Weapons

• Prova (heavy shock baton, used by Corpus Prod Crewmen)
  • Lecta (electrical whip, used by melee variants of Corpus Comba, Scrambus, and Datalyst units)

In addition to these, the Corpus are responsible for creating a great number of weapons that their troops do not utilize.  They can typically be found in the Market or the Tenno Energy Lab, which focuses on building Corpus-technology weaponry.  These include:

• Braton and MK1 Braton (Though based on the Orokin Braton Prime, the standard versions of these rifles are produced by the Corpus and follow Corpus aesthetics)
  • Opticor (heavy laser cannon)
  • Tetra (Energy-based assault rifle)
  • Amprex (continuous chain-lightning emitter)
  • Convectrix (wide angle 'arc cutter', akin to a shotgun)
  • Snipetron (Railgun sniper rifle, visually identical to the modern Lanka.  No longer available outside of events.)
  • Secura Penta (Perrin Sequence syndicate variant of the Penta)
  • Sonicor (wrist-mounted sonic bolt emitter)
  • Staticor (twin energy launcher gauntlets)
  • Spectra (continuous beam cutting laser)
  • Cestra (Energy machine-pistol)
  • Dual Cestra (dual-wielded Cestras)
  • Secura Dual Cestra (Perrin Sequence syndicate variant of the Dual Cestra)
  • Obex (Knuckle and toe attachments, for melee combat)
  • Serro (ship-carving tool turned polearm)

Finally, there are Vandal and Prisma variants of many of the above weapons, including the Braton Vandal, Snipetron Vandal, Prova Vandal, Quanta Vandal, Dera Vandal, and Prisma Tetra.

Corpus-designed cosmetic items include:

• Dendra armor pieces (purchased from the Market for platinum, individually or part of the Dendra Armor Bundle)
  • Porta armor pieces (purchased from the Market for platinum, individually or part of the Porta Armor Bundle)
  • Opulas Robe (Syandana, purchased from the Market for platinum)

NOTE TO FUTURE READERS: This list is as accurate as I knew how to make it at the time I wrote it.  It may not reflect additions or changes to the game at later dates.

Edited by Arkvold

2 hours ago, The.Night.Wolf said:

Also, @Weidro they added Sentient weapons? When? Which?

i was talking about different styles in general

but there are no sentient weapons YET

but hey we have the first official concepts since a few weeks

id highly recommend watching the devstream today maybe theyll show it again if not u might want to read a few summaries or rewatch them on youtube