Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing energy, once and for all

Fifield

19 hours ago, HellEnforcer said:

To be honest this is a terrible idea. It has been ever since I first saw it 3 years ago and still is.

You are trying to bring down one of the core parts of WarFrame. Namely our inhuman skills. We are playing WarFrame, not WarGun, Gears of War nor Call of Duty: Parkour DLC.

The same way there is plenty of energy all over the place, there is far more ammo all over the place. You will need 10 orbs to replenish the basic standard of 250 energy pool, and you simply won't find them sitting around unless you haven't picked any for a while. The same way you need 13 rifle ammo packs to replenish the standard 520 rifle ammo pool and you find them as often as the energy considering all the ammo types lying around.

My point? you use your 4th ability twice and you ran out of energy, while you can keep shooting like mad far longer. Granted, you can use streamline, and the same can be said about ammo mutation. Energy is not a problem, it is good as it is; and people need to get in their heads once and for all that. Some abilities might be unbalanced, but that is entirely another problem. Not picking on you, this topic has been said before and brought down multiple times.

19 hours ago, HellEnforcer said:

No, I don't like it, that does not make it a good idea either. I know the difference. I could say the same, that you are assuming that it is a good idea because you either like it or because you came up with it.

I read it. I might not have understood it correctly tough. You are still limiting the energy gain. This is just slightly better than a cooldown approach since you can spam if you already had the energy. I fail to see how it is possible to cast 15 ults with 250 energy. I will assume you are referring to say Excalibur with 500 a pool since you said some. You are also assuming that starting with full energy is a good offset, which is not. This is hindering the entire mission while being generous with something it only happens once.

I would like to know who is this everyone you have talked to. These two pages of people discussing this or others in-game? Personally I can't say I have talked with many, as a matter of fact, 5 would be too much most likely, but none of them ever felt the energy was a problem. If anything they were starving for more energy. My only real grasp on how many agree and disagree are from those past posts that tried to suggest this or similar approaches.

Edit: Changed wording. It seemed a lot more than an attack than a clarification or comparison. I would like to note that I am just trying to bring to your attention this, not trying to attack you in any way. My apologies if that is what it looks like. I'm not good at conveying controversial information and ideas.

18 hours ago, HellEnforcer said:

No. I want to keep it press 1/2/3/4 to use. I am not against some power nerft. As a matter of fact, I believe some abilities need to be toned down (perhaps not in the way they just did though). But this way is not the right way to do it. This is limiting usage, not "OPness" or whatever is called.

Yes, some can. Some. And that is with the Primed Flow and if they are Prime WarFrames. The vast majority struggle and are around and below 450 energy.

Good to know about the clan. It gives me a better idea on the number of people on each side. Although I was not given approximated or estimated number.

Also, I edited my previous post right a few seconds before you answered. I tried to clarify a bit.

Thank you for trying. Can't say it better. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bowjangelz said:

Thank you for trying. Can't say it better. 

Agreed. I dislike this idea more than anything I've ever read on the forums.

It doesn't contribute to reducing the effectiveness of OP abilities but instead tries to mold Warframe into the image of what OP wants it to be.

3 hours ago, Fifield said:

Nullifiers are there because the cheese is there.  When the cheese is gone, Nullifiers will presumably be remade.

I guess I can agree with you. Ultimately, Warframe is a shooter game, not a farming simulator, so the game play should be engaging (no cheesing).

However, being able to use abilities to one's heart's content is also very fun and putting a limit on how much energy could be used over a period of time is just depressing : (

I don't have any solutions, but something just tells me that there must another way to improve the game other than nerfing. We should be feeling OP while our skills (mechanical skills/ strategic skills) are actually being put to the challenge, that just sounds like more fun to me.

On 5/31/2016 at 10:25 PM, Fifield said:

I'd rather have more fun powers and less spam.  Nor do I think only being able to cast every ~3s when you're out of energy is a big hindrance unless you're a Draco P4TW guy.

I notice you don't offer an actual alternative either.

The alternative?  Keep it the same.

oh, and Nerf trin.  Next Wednesday :P

They already have enemies that can drain your energy in a few seconds flat if you aren't observant, or disable your powers (scrambus/comba) and drain your energy from seemingly full to empty, so... I think the current system is fine.  Why?  Because it's fun.  If I wanted cooldowns, and limits like that... I'd be playing Destiny, not warframe.  I play warframe FOR the horde killing powers.  FOR being Powerful.  Not for being some random soldier grunt with a gun and some wierd power that I can use once a minute if at all.

Cooldowns would be nice, not like the "Oh you cant cast this skill for another 10seconds" kind of cooldown like some people above me mentioned, but like "For the next 10 seconds, the skill will be slightly weaker" kind of cooldown. Say Radial Blind. With duration, it has like a 30 second blind. Lots of cheese. If we put a cooldown like "Abiltiy duration + 10 seconds." Casting the ability while on cooldown will reduce the range by 50% and blind duration by 75%. Or something like that. "bladestorm deals physical instead of finisher damage if cast while on cooldown" "Reduced range and str on EV if cast while on cooldown" The ability will still be open for use, just not strong enough to deal with lvl 150 whatevers you were using the ability to cheese. Would encourage using abilities stratigically and control the spamcheese abilities but still allows you to spam. its easy to throw some drawback like "reduced duration" , "reduced efficiency" ,"reduced str", "reduced range" if the ability is used while on cooldown. Put more drawbacks the cheesier the ability is or put none if they were meant to be spammed.

2 hours ago, peggisan said:

Cooldowns would be nice, not like the "Oh you cant cast this skill for another 10seconds" kind of cooldown like some people above me mentioned, but like "For the next 10 seconds, the skill will be slightly weaker" kind of cooldown. Say Radial Blind. With duration, it has like a 30 second blind. Lots of cheese. If we put a cooldown like "Abiltiy duration + 10 seconds." Casting the ability while on cooldown will reduce the range by 50% and blind duration by 75%. Or something like that. "bladestorm deals physical instead of finisher damage if cast while on cooldown" "Reduced range and str on EV if cast while on cooldown" The ability will still be open for use, just not strong enough to deal with lvl 150 whatevers you were using the ability to cheese. Would encourage using abilities stratigically and control the spamcheese abilities but still allows you to spam. its easy to throw some drawback like "reduced duration" , "reduced efficiency" ,"reduced str", "reduced range" if the ability is used while on cooldown. Put more drawbacks the cheesier the ability is or put none if they were meant to be spammed.

sounds like a complete waste of energy....

and reduced range is the most awful example one could come up with really. in this case what shouldn't ever change is range and mostly cost (we have cheaper landslides, riplines and rhino charges, not the more expensive though and they increase in damage)

so basically atm what happens is opposite of what you propose. you propose handicaps and cooldowns. very likely not gonna happen