Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyre Broken ?

Cosmic_Elf

Question

Went to play the game today, saw it updated hoping something new and awesome would be in the game. Decided to level up weapons and stuff after the sortie, played sortie with my Nova Prime and I thought I would farm EXP around uranus, because I am levelling an archwing as well as a melee, and rifle. Thought I would take my Kubrow, Nariahs instead of my carrier sentinel (he is a huras) where i can do variety of missions, and he would do the job in spy. Do all nodes around Uranus to level my stuff up. I took Valkyre out for a spin... Her energy drains fast, and she appears to be in this big bubble almost like Frost's snow globe or Limbo's cataclysm globe, as if she is broken. I am wondering if my game is glytching or is some valkyre bug or what. I never seen my power drain mili-seconds , it is usually a second or just under a second the power ticks down when using Hysteria, and no funny bubble thing. 

This has put me off playing for the day... going to watch a movie , and go to bed... yeah i am so annoyed dying by a crazy grineer cat woman with a flame thrower while  revving someone in survival  when my power went out too fast...

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

11 answers to this question

Valkyr has been changed (nerfed) with the new update.

Valkyr Changes

•    Hysteria is Valkyr's Rage Mode - we teased and released her as a Berserker frame and we've iterated on Hysteria a couple of times since release. We are returning to this power to reign in its issues but still thematically invoke her ultimate rage. 

•    The relationship between time spent in Hysteria and energy & incoming damage has changed in two ways.

•    Firstly, the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more Energy it'll cost you. (but the energy drain ramp up is capped). 

•    Secondly, while in Hysteria you are still invulnerable - the current Hysteria indicator on the UI tells you how much incoming damage you've absorbed and mitigated. The longer you stay in Hysteria, the less effective the mitigation of incoming damage is on the 'End Hysteria' phase. Ending your Hysteria session should be done with care - ensuring no enemies are in the range of Valkyrs Hysteria Aura (20 meters max, they have to be able to see you), or you will take the damage. How you choose to dispose of these enemies is up to you - either kill them, or get a safe distance away to deactivate Hysteria. 

2 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Valkyr has been changed (nerfed) with the new update.

That simply sux...  she was fine , she was working... nw she is broke... "get a safe distance away to deactivate Hysteria. " seriously... IT RUNS OUT, AND YOU CANT MAKE A DASH FOR IT WHILE REVIVING SOMEONE.... its impolite and inconsiderate... and makes you look like a douchebag player... I liked using Valkyre especially as a rescue frame , keeping the entire squad alive in sorties ... now everyone is just going to die including myself trying to revive them. I hate nerfs... this has put me off from playing for a while... where affinity weekend has personally become meaningless.... Gone off to do something else , maybe i would come back tomorrow, or the next day... or next week... I don't know , but i get killed in a sortie trying t revive an entire squad , with hysteria running out to fast... it would tick me off. Valkyre has become complicated 

On 5/28/2016 at 6:12 PM, Cosmic_Elf said:

That simply sux...  she was fine , she was working... nw she is broke... "get a safe distance away to deactivate Hysteria. " seriously... IT RUNS OUT, AND YOU CANT MAKE A DASH FOR IT WHILE REVIVING SOMEONE.... its impolite and inconsiderate... and makes you look like a douchebag player... I liked using Valkyre especially as a rescue frame , keeping the entire squad alive in sorties ... now everyone is just going to die including myself trying to revive them. I hate nerfs... this has put me off from playing for a while... where affinity weekend has personally become meaningless.... Gone off to do something else , maybe i would come back tomorrow, or the next day... or next week... I don't know , but i get killed in a sortie trying t revive an entire squad , with hysteria running out to fast... it would tick me off. Valkyre has become complicated 

Spoken like a "true" press 4 to win player. Adapt or die.

5 hours ago, Bombazen said:

The only nonsense to me with this ner..Rework is  "get to a safe distance to deactivate Hysteria", In a berserker frame its very strange to be dying only because there are enemies close.

That was always there, it was just adjusted by power range and if you were running the duration/-range mod you hardly noticed it IIRC. The damage counter was there this entire time.

That being said the whole idea behind a "Berserker" was, kill every enemy that moved and crash after. Given her insane dps AND mobility (rip line) you should have no difficulty line of sighting enemies. You literally just have to duck around a corner to turn off the power. There could be 20 enemies streaming down the hallway and you hit 4 as you round the corner, you'll be fine. Lots of people crying about it are too stuck in the "press 4 to win" mentality to actually pay attention to what is going on.

And that is all the rework has done, it now requires you to pay a tiny bit of attention to your energy and enemy placement. Both things you should be doing anyways.

She worked just fine last I used her.

There have been some changes however. If you were just building for duration and nothing else, you're in for a rude awakening. Time for new builds and getting better accustomed to using other buttons than "4".

You'll also have to be somewhat more aware of what's going on around her and keep in eye on your status UI. It's not just about hysteria now, but for the dialed in Valkyr driver, it never was.

On 29/5/2016 at 0:12 AM, Cosmic_Elf said:

Have you ever tried Limbo? is as good as she if you are talking about keeping your teammates alive.