The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Grinding To Build Warframes?

Rhodonite

I also would recommend you set your priority to get your starter frame to 30 and build up some mods. You need one strong frame to start the farming career. If you have a bit of patience i would do the following steps.

1: unlock all planets and missions:

You get your weapons and frame up to lvl 30 and unlock the missions to be able to do alerts, wich is very important. Alerts give you artifacts, orokin reactors and catalyst as well as forma and other stuff you cant get without paying money. The sooner you have access to these alerts the better.

2: build up your mod pool:

through step 1 you should have many resources already but you should focus on perfecting your mods at that time to have the necesary firepower to farm fast. Blueprints from bosses are random and each boss drops all 3 parts for one specific frame. While the actual droprates for blueprints are pretty good (from my experience around 33 - 50%)You might get unlucky and have the same part drop 10 times in a row. Thats why you have a big advantage when you can clear the boss, and the mission around it pretty fast. When every boss battle is a fight to sruvive for you, it can be pretty frustrating when RNG is not on your side. Normal cleartime for a boss mission should be around 5 - 10 minutes for experianced and geared players.

3: farm stuff =):

At this stage you have a frame who can breeze trough most of the content to farm watever blueprints or materials you like. You also have the experience in the game to know wich kind of weapons you want and wich frame would be cool to use. The actual farming is part of the current "endgame" and can keep you buisy for weeks. Of course its teasing to wait to this stage for a new warframe but some materials are exclusive for later planets. So even if you can farm a boss for blueprints on the earlier planets, you most likley lack the materials to build them. Thats why DE has this market where you can buy stuff for real money.. because its teasing, and if you are impatient you can get everything right NOW ;-). And if you want to spend a few dollars, you can go that route and also support them by paying for stuff.

Actual farmtime for a frame usually is 1 day to gather materials and bps to start building the parts. Next day you use the parts to build the actual frame, wich takes 3 days. I think thats incredible fair compared to other games where actual "cash items" are hard to farm with ingame currency.

LOL! Sure i am going to get hated for this but IMO. There's not enough grinding to build a warframe. Farm the boss for the frame you want get all 3 parts aka. Chasis, Systems, helmet. Start all 3 parts at same time = 12hours buy Frame BP start cooking 3 days. depending on your lucky on drops it's no shorter then 3days 12hours.

By the time I was going for a Warframe it took me no time at all. I only had to kill the boss 5times in total to get all three pieces, I had over half the supplies already collected. The construction time for the final piece, the actual warframe, sucks though. 

So I'd say in total of collecting the blueprints and supplies, one or two days, and i'm currently on the 3day wait for my Ash warframe to finish.

Edited by TheEvilMouse

Got all warframes in less than two weeks without spending a single plat on them. You guys seems dont know what is grinding.

I assume your comment is based on other games, where you have to grind/farm for months to get one part of 10 to make something. I realize that other games tend to have a ton of grinding, but that doesn't make it not a grind in Warframe; it's just less of a grind compared to other games.

As a developer trying to retain players, you have to look at why players leave, and how you can continue to engage them for a long time, to hopefully get them to spend money, or bring in other players (who in turn will hopefully spend money on your F2P game). It's always in DE's best interest to evaluate what they're doing.

It's good for DE to understand how players in the community feel about the game. Don't act smug as if no one here has played other games with immense amounts of grinding. I know quite a few people who left Warframe for it being repetitive, and much of that was due to having to farm for resources or parts. It's not really the best design, but it's a simple one that a developer tends to rely on early on when they need to stretch out content while more content is being made.

I hope Warframe can move beyond the super grinds, however, as most people in this thread have said, it's not really much of a grind to get a warframe. I've built a few, and I have to admit the first couple frames I got, I bought with plat (I have more than enough plat from being a Master founder). Warframe will likely always have a form of grinding, but hopefully as the game expands, they'll give players more reason to repeat missions, without dangling a carrot as the prize for running a boss over and over for parts. Some folks get the parts they need in 5 or so runs. Others require 30-50 runs and they still might not get the part they want. The RNG can be a bit cruel, and while there seems to be a generation of players who think that grinding is ok, I am not one of them. I don't think a player should have to play the same content 30 times in a row in order to get something new (again, I have played other games where I had to run a boss 200 times just to get enough parts, but that doesn't mean WF doesn't have a grind).

Btw, I've been playing since December and I still don't have all the frames. So if you've been playing for only two weeks, you've gotten extremely lucky to have ALL the frames, or you truly believe that running repeated content over and over is fun. I don't find that fun.

But so far I've been okay, as I'll be playing for fun and find I have most of what I need, and just have to go get one more part to complete a frame. It's mostly due to me joining clanmates for their desired frames. Hopefully, OP, you can play for fun and you'll find that the frames will unlock at a good pace... not counting Vauban. You'll need to be awake and ready at some interesting hours for him, or just buy him.

Edited by gell

Some bosses can be a $#*(@ though.

I have farmed enough neural sensors (and those are rare) to build all the frames currently available (and maybe another handful more for the future) but Volt systems still won't bloody drop.

Screw you golem !

Edited by fatpig84

I don't think it's an issue. The RNG factor can be frustrating from time to time, but there are also cases where you get all three parts in five runs or less. Early on, it might be more difficult, especially if you're on a frame that isn't combat-focused, but once you get rolling, and things ranked up, you learn just how quickly this can be accomplished.

or you truly believe that running repeated content over and over is fun. I don't find that fun.

I belive that if goal is is source of your fun, nothing else is matter.

With ideal dispersion you need to kill boss ~25 times to get all 3 BPs to craft warframe. One boss mission last about  2 mins(for me), i can kill 30 bosses in one hour. That mean with ideal dispersion you need to spend about 10hrs farm to get all farframes(except Vauban, Banshee, Frost Prime, Excalibur Prime), after that you need to speend time only to farm resources to craft them all, which is in my oppinion more boring than farm BP's.

Edited by Keetsune

The only thing I don't like are the Control Modules and the Neural Sensor requirements.

But if they ever tweak those resources so they aren't so ridiculous, then Warframes are fine. Building a whole Warframe should take time. Don't want to wait? The platinum shop is that way ------------>.