Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Fix For Those Special Kids That Ignore Everything And Speedrun

Axianamus

So i'm doing a high level infested mission. I open my game to the public because like a boss I'm leveling a low level frame and it can get difficult when I'm being one shot all over the place. Dude joins my mission. Some help is much appreciated until I see him 5 rooms ahead, ignoring the objective, and running straight for where he thinks extraction might be. I get pissed because he aggro'd the entire map onto me and left me to die. Sure enough the aftergame report had him with 0% damage dealt.

Same story for the next 3 or 4 missions we did till i got pissed and dropped. Could I have just sped through the map like he did? Yea, but sorry I actually play this game to play it, not so I can see the pretty mission complete screen at the end. I know it looks fantastic with all those numbers and whatnot, but I do prefer splattering bloody flaming corpses across the walls a might bit more.

So how about this. When someone leaves you to die, ignoring every enemy on the map and is more than say... 2 or 3 rooms ahead. If you die fighting all the S#&$ left behind, you use HIS revives instead of yours. And if you end the mission with 0% damage dealt due to your speed running the lotus takes all of your cash and sets you back a mastery rank.

Is this harsh and way over the top? Well... yea. Yea it is. Just let me vent my anger for a moment here while spilling all of my frustration on innocent bystanders.

So i'm doing a high level infested mission. I open my game to the public because like a boss I'm leveling a low level frame ...

IMO, bringing a low frame to a high mission is as bad as rushing. I've been on several defense runs where a low player hides off while others do the work, OR we end up trying to revive them every minute.

My solution? Leave the mission. Check chat for people who want to play like you do and/or join a clan of like-minded individuals. There is no need to rewrite code for this, and I respectfully disagree.

Edited by DaftMeat

I know how annoying and frustrating it can get. :(

An aggro system might work. They just keep chasing him and only him. Then he can die at the extraction, as much as he wants. He wants a revive? Well I guess he shouldn't have run away like that. Now he's too far and behind a horde of enemies.

Of course invisibility would have to either drop aggro and leave the enemies where they are, or cause them to actively search for their target. So they don't just transfer focus on the rest of the squad. The latter is probably better.

This is why you should join the Gryphus Tech Corporation, we have 1000+ members and we are always willing to help you leveling your frame, check out our recruting thread!

OOOoooooh shut it! This is no place to bribe us to join your sheety clan!

Yea i hate people that uses every thread as a way to get more clan member! >:O

BTW. I know this great clan - Hidden Lotus - not that you HAVE to join but im just letting you know..

Why do you hate on people offering a place in their clan? Are you an enemy of friendly offers?

Let's not join a clan or make friends that like to play the way I do and then get mad at plying public games where I know for a fact what could happen. Yes.

Couple points I would like to dispute in your post.

1) The dev's have said in several occasions that speed runs like this piss them off and they want to punish players that do this.

2) I am in a clan, and I have friends. That doesn't mean that people are always on. Nor does that means that people actually want to go through the task of unlocking all the locked planets like I'm trying to do.

IMO, bringing a low frame to a high mission is as bad as rushing. I've been on several defense runs where a low player hides off while others do the work, OR we end up trying to revive them every minute.

My solution? Leave the mission. Check chat for people who want to play like you do and/or join a clan of like-minded individuals. There is no need to rewrite code for this, and I respectfully disagree.

The level of your frame is not nearly as important as you think. Especially when I have 3 weapons maxed out and fully modded to the point where I can one hit even end game enemies. I just have to keep my distance and play a little smarter. Which to be honest is hard for me to do since i spend more time trying to pretend I'm a real space ninja and failing.

"Wallrun up crate, jump over into group of enemis. Ground slam, drop smoke bomb. Dodge roll out, throw shurikens, fall of edge of level, get teleported back into group of enemies, get knocked down, die."

I don't get some peoples frustration, there are some times where "rushing" is fine, and others when its not. A better way to fix it is have a option to join selected people instead, mark before joining a lobby if you want to be with rushers, explorers, or you don't care. But honestly I don't see this as horrible as a problem as some people are making it. It's just two different types of play styles. Some are trying to farm up credits, resources, BP, or attempting to get to an alert before its over, or they just enjoy a more face paced sense of play, but penalizing them for that is horrible. If they put that in the person the most ahead and the farthest behind should both pay for deaths and then what you get is a horrible game fulled of chaos.......