Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Press 4 To Kill Everything!

MyXmaN

Ive been playing for a while now. First it seemed cool to have a "panic button" that clears the area full of enemies. But now its just lame.

To actually have some sort of fun and challenge, i totally MUST go somewhere solo with my Loki. Otherwise its just lame - players race to the biggest group of enemies in order to press 4 and get the kills.

So many frames have a powerful ability that can be spammed and deals tons of damage - It kills any need for teamwork and skill.

So, how about we do something like these:

1) charge your ultimate - hold 4 to start charging and spending energy (if it is interrupted by a knockdown, energy is wasted and no damage is dealt). After some time charging - you release the power and kill everything.

2) make a cooldown for powerful abilities - but i can already see players not entering another room because they have an ability on a cooldown.

3) another difficulty mode with limited number of uses for an ability - if you may only use your Miasma 3 times per mission, you will definitely save it for a tricky situation.

I'm not the only one who sees this? Lol.

Ultimates are ultimate. Not "Oh hey 4 energy balls" *Spam spam spam*

I like the first two ideas, charging especially, but limited amount of uses isn't worth the 5 mod points for the base ult.

Let me help you defend your point since people misinterpret what you say.

We should not have to play in a clan that doesn't use Ultimates.

Ultimates used to grant invuln, so they would be held back until they needed a break.

However, now it is removed, there is no need to keep them, and instead of aiming anymore with guns, just press 4, pick up orbs from the pile of goop that was enemies, and continue to proceed. A cool down or a charge up would reduce this, although the cooldown terms would have to be looked at.

^ If the majority of players find this fun then I am grossly underestimating the number of people who enjoy trying, aiming, shooting, melee striking, etc.

Edited by Hayden11121

Or how about we get some actually difficult content instead? Wow, I'm a genius!

And not bullet sponge difficult either. We need enemies with powerful 'spells' and weapons that can be dodged, but murder the S#&$ out of you if you don't move fast.

Edited by ValhaHazred

1. Why are you complaining? The massive AOE killing is a massive ball of exp for everyone. In mobile defense missions, more you kill --> more they respawn --> more drops and more exp. I would actually PREFER that my teammates go around and nuking everything. 

2. Ever try defense wave higher than 25? At level 80 or higher, all enemies (especially ancients) shrug off all ultimate skill damage like mosquito bites. So if anything, they don't do enough damage when you need it the most

Edited by Grandarex

you know how i stop them from getting tons of kills? i snipe with a lex. usually when its down to 3 enemies, they dont use an ult. a maxed out lex can clear a room rather fast, as could a gorgon, a strun, a boltor, hell, damn near any weapon can clear a room. if youre having trouble cleaning out the enemies, perhaps its time to look back at your weapons and reconsider your play style.

Why do people get so buthurt when others actually have fun with their skills ? And if they get bored with them then they just start screaming nerf this nerf that i don't like it anymore i don't want people playing with me unless they're playing my exact way so I'll keep spamming the forums with existing threads of why my playstyle is superior and how they should make the game just for me and a select few others instead of just me and those others playing together.

So yeah that's a no for me :I

Oh no. More people are complaining about this.

DE's gonna nerf.

I guess I should use it while it lasts.

-1 to you OP. I don't think we need this change, but we at least need to find a way to PUNISH a player for using an ultimate rather than making it so that we don't WANT to use an ultimate completely, or making it so that we CAN'T use an ultimate as we can now.

I don't think we need this change, but we at least need to find a way to PUNISH a player for using an ultimate rather than making it so that we don't WANT to use an ultimate completely, or making it so that we CAN'T use an ultimate as we can now.

damnit...

maybe i havent explained myself correctly. Im not crying for a nerf - i just want the game to be more fun. I cant really understand how people consider pressing a button over and over again to be fun.

And how the hell do you see Charge Function as a nerf?

2. Ever try defense wave higher than 25? At level 80 or higher, all enemies (especially ancients) shrug off all ultimate skill damage like mosquito bites. So if anything, they don't do enough damage when you need it the most

Very hard to find a party that wants to go higher than 20. My friends, my clanmates, everyone just says "why bother?".

Did wave 35 xini with lvl106 ancients the other day though. That actually required some minimal cooperation, but Ember and Saryn still did tons of damage. Nyx and Vauban just kept them at bay.

Nah...

To actually have some sort of fun and challenge, i totally MUST go somewhere solo with my Loki. Otherwise its just lame - players race to the biggest group of enemies in order to press 4 and get the kills.

Really? I bring my Loki when I want to go ez mode. Dat maxed Invisibility with maxed Continuity and Streamline, you're pretty much invincible.

Also,

1. Why are you complaining? The massive AOE killing is a massive ball of exp for everyone. In mobile defense missions, more you kill --> more they respawn --> more drops and more exp. I would actually PREFER that my teammates go around and nuking everything. 

2. Ever try defense wave higher than 25? At level 80 or higher, all enemies (especially ancients) shrug off all ultimate skill damage like mosquito bites. So if anything, they don't do enough damage when you need it the most

This.

I agree with the concept. Ultimates do need to be changed. Their purpose is to act as an emergency button. However, the current practice has been deviated from the idea quite a lot. Gather 4 orbs and press 4 in loop is hardly challenging and partially responsible for low difficulty of the game.

Personally, I prefer limiting number of times ultimate could be used in one session is a good idea. 3-5 should do nicely. I don't think it's a nerf but bringing back ultimates to what they are supposed to be.

I think certain ults/abilities should have a short rest period of sorts after use to gather yourself before you continue on--thus making you think about the situation and judge whether or not it warrants that ability's usage in place of using your weapons. This would only work for abilities that would actually require exerting oneself, obviously.

The Frames that have these huge AOE nukes usually dont have good utility skills. Also on later planets and higher defense missions excactly these AOE nukes become worthless, shifting the favor to other skills and frames. In the later stages of the game you wont see the aoe spam that much, because 1000k damage is not enough to kill anything. Also 100 energy is a lot in the early stages of the game where you dont have the mods to support the spam of these abilitys. 

Also as a loki you almost do the same. You spam invisibility and melee everything to death in seconds... equally powerfull.

If you want a tactical shooter you shouldnt play this game. Its more like diablo with ninjas where you kill a lot of stuff on the fly to farm and 1 against 100  situations are common and solved with ease. The Ultimates are a blessing to the normals missions, because without them you would be stuck searching for cover and regen shields or die on many situations, because of the sheer number of enemys you can encounter. This would totally destroy the "run and gun" feeling. But as i said, in later stages (void 3 for example) enemys dont die to this stuff. its only available to the farming areas, wich is a good thing. 

The Frames that have these huge AOE nukes usually dont have good utility skills. Also on later planets and higher defense missions excactly these AOE nukes become worthless, shifting the favor to other skills and frames. In the later stages of the game you wont see the aoe spam that much, because 1000k damage is not enough to kill anything. Also 100 energy is a lot in the early stages of the game where you dont have the mods to support the spam of these abilitys. 

Also as a loki you almost do the same. You spam invisibility and melee everything to death in seconds... equally powerfull.

If you want a tactical shooter you shouldnt play this game. Its more like diablo with ninjas where you kill a lot of stuff on the fly to farm and 1 against 100  situations are common and solved with ease. The Ultimates are a blessing to the normals missions, because without them you would be stuck searching for cover and regen shields or die on many situations, because of the sheer number of enemys you can encounter. This would totally destroy the "run and gun" feeling. But as i said, in later stages (void 3 for example) enemys dont die to this stuff. its only available to the farming areas, wich is a good thing. 

So.

The time it takes to cast invisibility a saryn used MIasma.

And you saw Loki wins?

I think certain ults/abilities should have a short rest period of sorts after use to gather yourself before you continue on--thus making you think about the situation and judge whether or not it warrants that ability's usage in place of using your weapons. This would only work for abilities that would actually require exerting oneself, obviously.

It's called a "cool down" my friend and yes I might maybe could see implementing a CD on some abilities, (certainly better then having to try to charge while your busy shooting things) but then the question becomes which ones and why? Cause not all #4 buttons are created equal. And also some abilities almost have to be spammed. When I use slash dash (granted not a #4) on my Excalibur the very least I do is two in a row because if I do one I find my self on the wrong side of enemy lines so I flip a 180 and slash dash back to my buddies. Also some #4s only hit a certain number of enemies, some #4 (like banshee) really looses steam at higher levels and leaves the player vulnerable while the skill is going off. You would almost have to sit down and come up with some way of quantifying the pros and cons of each ability and set a CD for each individual skill. Boy howdy would this form light up then.  -_-  And then of course if they did do that there would probably be a mod to lessen CD time and then we'd be right back where we started.

I think this whole thread is summed up more by playstyle then anything else. I roll with on my Excalibur with a Vauban mate and we rarely drop our 4s unless we need it. I guess we just enjoy shooting things more cause we seem to walk by a lot of energy. But other frames that are more "caster" like Ember and Volt seem to have been designed with the idea that they will be using their skills more. If you limit the use of those skills what then becomes the point of these caster frames? Might as well just build a Rhino and use your guns for everything.