Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help-- How to pass MR8

thebossreturn

Question

Guys, I tried the MR8 test (jumping on platforms) for like 30 times and still can't pass,

using mirage with max rush, max mobilize, and max maglev

I just keep trying and practicing and really sometimes I can't even reach the 3rd platform..

Need help. 

13 answers to this question

Curious. My friend also had trouble with this just yesterday, even though I think it was maybe the easiest (tied with the "survive the infested") MR test. It isn't timed, so take your time with it.

You do shoot the red balloons, right? And you shoot them -before- you try to jump to the next platform, right? ( you can just stand still and take aim, no need to try and shoot them while moving)

You do know that you can "glide" in the air by pressing right mouse button (aim) while in the air to lengthen the distance you can cover?

You do know that you can hold space while you hit the wall to wall climb it to the top?

And you know that to reach the final platform, you should bullet jump from the platform that's nearly straight beneath it: Crouch, aim directly up (facing the platform though, but still looking directly, or very nearly directly up), press jump (while crouching) to perform a bullet jump (hold it to jump higher), press jump again while at the peak to double jump for extra distance and forward momentum, and then aim glide to reach the final platform?

These are pretty much the only things you need to do/know to complete the test. If you still fail, posting a vid of your try would be needed to figure out what's the problem.

EDIT: Also, some of the videos show the guy jumping straight to the end from the platform that comes directly after the wall climb - You don't need to do it that way, there's a platform (or two, not sure, can't remember) between the wall climb and the end.

If you can't reach the third platform, your problem is most likely the lack of aim-gliding.

Edited by Tomppak

There are many videos on youtube for this, doing a search for "Warframe mastery test 8" should bring up a few different (and recent) ways to finish this test.

I would advise as many mobility mods as possible on your frame of choice, although to my knowledge this can be done without any. Also not sure if Loki's decoy and switch teleport still works to bypass certain sections.

Best of luck to you fellow Tenno keep at it you will get there.

4 minutes ago, Ixxolos said:

There are many videos on youtube for this, doing a search for "Warframe mastery test 8" should bring up a few different (and recent) ways to finish this test.

I would advise as many mobility mods as possible on your frame of choice, although to my knowledge this can be done without any. Also not sure if Loki's decoy and switch teleport still works to bypass certain sections.

Best of luck to you fellow Tenno keep at it you will get there.

Hi thanks for the encouragement

Warframe skills are no longer available for this MR test, so purely jump..

2 minutes ago, thebossreturn said:

thanks, I watched 15 videos and still I find it amusingice  how they pass the test within 1 min

You probably need to learn how to parkour better. It is a pretty major part of mastery tests, so practice until you get it down.

Use zephyr, transfer into smoke and fly from one platform to another.

Make yr duration, streamline and flow maxed, use Plow, P continuity and streamline.

ignore redirection and vitality and go practice it in the vesper

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 4:00 AM, Tomppak said:

Curious. My friend also had trouble with this just yesterday, even though I think it was maybe the easiest (tied with the "survive the infested") MR test. It isn't timed, so take your time with it.

You do shoot the red balloons, right? And you shoot them -before- you try to jump to the next platform, right? ( you can just stand still and take aim, no need to try and shoot them while moving)

You do know that you can "glide" in the air by pressing right mouse button (aim) while in the air to lengthen the distance you can cover?

You do know that you can hold space while you hit the wall to wall climb it to the top?

And you know that to reach the final platform, you should bullet jump from the platform that's nearly straight beneath it: Crouch, aim directly up (facing the platform though, but still looking directly, or very nearly directly up), press jump (while crouching) to perform a bullet jump, press jump again while at the peak to double jump for extra distance and forward momentum, and then aim glide to reach the final platform?

These are pretty much the only things you need to do/know to complete the test. If you still fail, posting a vid of your try would be needed to figure out what's the problem.

EDIT: Also, some of the videos show the guy jumping straight to the end from the platform that comes directly after the wall climb - You don't need to do it that way, there's a platform (or two, not sure, can't remember) between the wall climb and the end.

If you can't reach the third platform, your problem is most likely the lack of aim-gliding.

Wow! I just wanted to thank you for the great breakdown of each step. The glide to each platform really made it easy. I used to mess up trying so hard to get back to the last platform that I would blow 1 or 2 tries on the first platform sometimes. After many, many, many tries I had been making it to the last platform but was then unable to reach it. I have made it through now several times and feel very confident that I will pass tomorrow. The video's all show people making it with ease, but not really how they are doing it, The look straight up was the final thing that helped.

Thanks again Tomppak!

5 hours ago, Dethgrip said:

Wow! I just wanted to thank you for the great breakdown of each step. The glide to each platform really made it easy. I used to mess up trying so hard to get back to the last platform that I would blow 1 or 2 tries on the first platform sometimes. After many, many, many tries I had been making it to the last platform but was then unable to reach it. I have made it through now several times and feel very confident that I will pass tomorrow. The video's all show people making it with ease, but not really how they are doing it, The look straight up was the final thing that helped.

Thanks again Tomppak!

Part of the reason they don't explain those things, the majority (if not all) were part of the tutorial.

7 hours ago, Dethgrip said:

Thanks again Tomppak!

^_^ Was glad to help!