Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Hysteria Aura ?

Chromatrescu

Question

15 answers to this question

Red circle thingy that gets smaller upon killing enemies and grows larger when not killing. You store damage when in hysteria mode and when ability turns off and when an enemy is in that circle, you get rekt.

I hope i could clear things up for your cat.

When you turn Hysteria on, you gain a radial area space (aura) where if any enemy is within it when you turn Hysteria off you receive 30% of the damage you accumulated while it was on.

Now you can reduce it's reach by keeping up your kill streak.

30 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

what's the point of having an ability that damages you? not much of an ability if you ask me.

It needs to change, as it sits it removes her from end to some mid lvl stuff. I did a solo run on earth again lvl 1 grineer and I couldn't keep the aura in check, it expands too fast. What happens when you fight against mods with much higher hp? Or needs to change to per hit, not per kill. Or she will the only frame that cant use her 4th ability.

On 6/2/2016 at 1:30 PM, ravend said:

It needs to change, as it sits it removes her from end to some mid lvl stuff. I did a solo run on earth again lvl 1 grineer and I couldn't keep the aura in check, it expands too fast. What happens when you fight against mods with much higher hp? Or needs to change to per hit, not per kill. Or she will the only frame that cant use her 4th ability.

If you are smart, you use her amazing mobility to zip line someplace away from enemies to line of sight them, before you turn off her 4 (or it runs out).

If you aren't, you continue to melee until the energy runs out and get spanked for being oblivious to the fact the ability is about to end.

They've just made it so you have to choose when to use her 4 and to be careful where you toggle it off. Or to toggle it more regularly so the damage doesn't get to numbers you can't handle.

4 minutes ago, Wopel said:

If you are smart, you use her amazing mobility to zip line someplace away from enemies to line of sight them, before you turn off her 4 (or it runs out).

If you aren't, you continue to melee until the energy runs out and get spanked for being oblivious to the fact the ability is about to end.

They've just made it so you have to choose when to use her 4 and to be careful where you toggle it off. Or to toggle it more regularly so the damage doesn't get to numbers you can't handle.

Thought of that, but the radius gets huge very quickly. In 15 sec, i lost sight of the radius. The ability stands if you are elbow deep in enemies only. Unless you can live with your 4th ability, she is going to be shelved. I built for eternal war myself.

6 hours ago, ravend said:

Thought of that, but the radius gets huge very quickly. In 15 sec, i lost sight of the radius. The ability stands if you are elbow deep in enemies only. Unless you can live with your 4th ability, she is going to be shelved. I built for eternal war myself.

Which is exactly what they are trying to prevent, people popping 4 and wandering around in it the entire mission. You get immunity to damage and ridiculous melee damage, are you really going to cry about having to turn it off when you wiped the entire room with a few slide attacks?

My other question, are you running a range build? My aura has never been so large that i couldn't duck into a corner/out of a room to refresh or turn it off until I needed it again. It is slightly larger that my Frost's globe (stretch and 5 overextended iirc) by the time I'm done wiping the enemies around me out. I ask because it sounds like you are doing something different/borderline wrong.

Edited by Wopel

3 hours ago, Wopel said:

Which is exactly what they are trying to prevent, people popping 4 and wandering around in it the entire mission. You get immunity to damage and ridiculous melee damage, are you really going to cry about having to turn it off when you wiped the entire room with a few slide attacks?

My other question, are you running a range build? My aura has never been so large that i couldn't duck into a corner/out of a room to refresh or turn it off until I needed it again. It is slightly larger that my Frost's globe (stretch and 5 overextended iirc) by the time I'm done wiping the enemies around me out. I ask because it sounds like you are doing something different/borderline wrong.

lol no on the crying part, im an eternal war build valkyr, i only used my ult to top off my health. i only tested on lvl 1 enemies and i couldn't find enough of them to keep my aura in check. if i had alot of mobs to kill, i can see keeping it under control. im not looking at the terms of low to mid lvl range enemies, im looking at 100+ mobs that take acouple of hits to take down and you add that into the aura growth, kinda takes her ult out of the picture.  unless you can find a group that would allow you to take all the kills of course. All im saying is that the aura should be changed to per hit or slow the growth rate of the aura. im ok with the changes over all except that one part.

I did run around last night on PC to see what the aura growth was like, just to better familiarize myself as I only ran 3 missions with Valk after the change. I ran a capture syndicate mission, killed the pack of mobs in the room with the target, obviously the aura was fine through that. After I ran to the extraction point and it did slowly grow. Once I got the extraction point I sat in front of the point to gauge the rate. I could see it grow up the ramp (it was the grineer tileset where the extraction point is "down stairs" via the long tunnel), and while it was steady it was far from too fast to cope with. The only way it is going to grow to problematic sizes is if you literally sit in 4 the entire time, which is exactly what they are trying to prevent.

They want you to think about when you use it, they want you to NOT be in 4 all the time while you play. Before the aura was so small it wasn't even an issue, when it was supposed to be what "balanced" the power, the drawback wasn't a drawback at all. They made it so you now HAVE to pay attention and be mindful of it. So you *will* kill yourself if you try to stay in 4  without paying any attention to it. My clan leader ran a 20 min survival just to see what changed and was like "nothing, the aura is just bigger".

If you are getting low on energy or want to shut it off after taking a heap of damage you can easily do one of two things. First, if there is a high ceiling or vantage point rip line up and shut it down. Second if you are in a room, don't gather the mobs up on one side and rip line to the other and cut behind a door way. If the aura is too large for either of those things to happen, things went bad in a major way OR you sat around in 4 doing nothing for too long. The majority of the time, it is going to be the later issue. You just need to adjust your playstyle to the new mechanics.