Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

help with sentients

RedGoat989

Question

so how do u dmg them enough and kill them? because i try every gear that i have that has high dmg and it just does not kill them i spend all of my ammo on them and they just dont die i am aware that they have dmg resistance and i even try diferent types of dmg but i still cant kill them while i see other people just one shoting them most of the time i just abort a mission because they spawned or i fail the only time i managed to kill them was in a moon exterminate and i still spent all of my ammo on them and the only 2 things that saved me were them getting bugged on a rock and my redeemer which i spent 15 minutes to kill both of them can someone point me a weapon that can kill them? because i want to complete all the nodes on earth but i cant i have only the defense and mob defense nodes left and i cant do it because of them

i apreciate the help and no this is not a salt post asking to nerf them IF i would make such a post would be for the juggernaut and again i am aware that they have dmg resistance i jsut cant find a way to kill or dmg them enough without spending 1 hour in it and sorry for bad english

10 answers to this question

As is, having high damage weapons will greatly assist in taking them down. Just make sure your weapons have different damage and elemental types. As far as taking a hit from them, not too many warframes can survive a barrage from a Sentient Battlyst, those explosives are highly damaging even on the lowest levels we face them at, try to allow any other enemies to distract them and hit fast and hard with each of your weapons trying to either avoid giving them the resistance or by making sure they are low enough from your secondary or primary that your melee can finish the job with one or two strikes. Exalted weapon abilities are great options if possible as they will pull upon your melee mods and power strength to get high enough damage to overwhelm some of the Sentient drone's innate lowering of all damage off the bat. Start with Puncture + Corrosive as although the elemental status will be ignored, they start out taking more damage from puncture and corrosive damage types.

Some stuff to watch out for:

Beware letting them stay close to each other as you fight the drones, they can link like an ancient healer to each other. While not giving each other healing as far as I have seen; the drones will share resistances making it even more important to go after one at a time.

Sentient drones can have their arms blown off greatly lowering their damage but can also float over downed arms and attach them gaining those weapons as well.

Sentients like players, can pickup the energy drop of Sentient drones. This allows them to take on the resistances of the fallen comrad and heal from the pickup. Try to avoid this happening by always finishing the Sentient in melee or running over and grabbing its drops unless no Sentients remain.

the answer to killing a sentient is not high damage weapons its either loadouts with a nice dmg spread or a couple of weapons with a dmg spread

for example a good primary that is good at dealing sentinets would be sybaris since none of its 3 damage types are much higher than the others, same goes for mios for melee weapons.

sentients build up resistances to one damage type at a time and will cap at 4 resistances. so make sure you bring more than 4 dmg types. 

1 minute ago, Melos-mevim said:

hmm so i could bring my dex sybaris shoot them with it until the build the resistence and then start attacking them with my nukor build for various elementals would that work? as for melee i would bring my redeemer just in case i run out of ammo or the tysis would work? as it has a lot of potential for varied elemental dmg

Just now, RedGoat989 said:

hmm so i could bring my dex sybaris shoot them with it until the build the resistence and then start attacking them with my nukor build for various elementals would that work? as for melee i would bring my redeemer just in case i run out of ammo or the tysis would work? as it has a lot of potential for varied elemental dmg

possibly, just know the secret to dealing with sentients is damage type variety, so you need to keep hitting them with a different dmg type when they reach one of their health gates and gain resistance once you know that they are rather easy to deal with. another thing is certain powers can make short work of them like artemis bow or exalted blade.

1 minute ago, Melos-mevim said:

artemis bow or exalted blade.

hmm thats nice to note as i have access to both of them i might try them on my next moon run thanks for the tips and does focus powers do anything to them? like naramon makes them kill each other?

Just now, RedGoat989 said:

hmm thats nice to note as i have access to both of them i might try them on my next moon run thanks for the tips and does focus powers do anything to them? like naramon makes them kill each other?

I know madurai can really hurt them but I don't think narmon has much of any effect on them, I don't think their A.I is rigged for confusion effects

Bring a tough frame with a really hard-hitting weapon that still deals respectable damage after the resistances.

For me, I bring my Inaros with my Vaykor Hek (w/ Primed Ravage but no Primed PB). Each Sentient takes around 1.5 mag to kill depending on my accuracy, and they barely do any damage to me. It's so hilariously easy that my only concern is to keep my Carrier P alive.

Oh, and you can safely do the Moon Defense without anti-Sentient preparations. They don't spawn in that one.

Edited by Mattoropael

I'm hoping they add some new damage mods in future, that rotate elemental types, maybe dropping from a sentient boss, so that once you've completed it the rest of the sentients become easier.

For now I think having everyone take a weapon modded for different single elemental types, and then using frames with elemental augments like Fireball Frenzy, Freeze Force, Venom Dose and Shock Trooper to constantly switch up the group's damage types, would make sentients much easier.

Edited by polarity

59 minutes ago, polarity said:

I'm hoping they add some new damage mods in future, that rotate elemental types, maybe dropping from a sentient boss, so that once you've completed it the rest of the sentients become easier.

For now I think having everyone take a weapon modded for different single elemental types, and then using frames with elemental augments like Fireball Frenzy, Freeze Force, Venom Dose and Shock Trooper to constantly switch up the group's damage types, would make sentients much easier.

Which would completely hose you if they swapped to the element they are resistant to, random is bad as you have no control. And having a mod specific to a single enemy is bad as well.

The simple solution is know the enemy and prepare accordingly. If you don't have the mods or weapons to fight them, you have no business being on the node solo. Go back and get what you need to be able to do it. The entire game is based on modular load outs so you can switch out as needed, and some frames work better on certain encounters than others. Bring the right tools for the job. Don't complain you can't use your hammer for unscrewing the light bulb (AKA don't complain your favorite frame and weapon are unable to do everything with your one favorite loadout).

Edited by Wopel