Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt limited to 4 shields or bug?

som_kind_of_god_ofwaifus

Question

Volt is one of my favourite frames because not only is he hard to kill, mobile fast does CC and good damage with his shield, But he's also a really great defender.

Last time when I tried to wall of a good spot in survival, I noticed that I can't. Then I went to test it and it seems he's... limited to 4 shields. I tried to search on the internet for it but couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I remember walling of points, I remember spamming the shield while waiting for friends to get to extractions, now it's only 4 shields? They are almost the same size as before. I'm giving up on the volt rework the more stuff I find out about it... Frost and Mag do an AOE Circle that protects them so I understand why they are limited. But one way small volt shield? Why?

Did the rework include this without even mentioning it or is it a bug? Please let it be a bug...

14 answers to this question

Amazing! It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, not even the communtiy wrote it on the wiki! Where was it mentioned? In the middle of one of the devstreams in 2 seconds one of the devs said it or what?

Volt rework made Speed a selfbuff because noone picks it up, not even when I run ahead and even when I'm with friends. No more speed + attackspeed + shocking speed CC for whole team. The new shield is invisible in the middle so when your warframe clips through you can get killed, and it seems like they are limited to 4 for whatever reason, shocking the shields "for great synergy" makes them deal some unnoticable damage that cannot help you at all. Picking up the shields is cool yeah,not a big energy drain, but when you start running it drains your energy with 130% eff faster than you could say "meh" and the shield also slows you down. Discharge is completely useless against the corpus, I had 20 sec duration and overextended to reduce powerstrenght, in corpus sortie they were stunned for 2 seconds when atleast 2 corpus were next to eachother!  Shocking the "tesla coils" to make them "explode" does not seem to do much either.

He was my favourite frame with equinox, now I really don't know what to do... You may call me a crybaby but yes, I AM upset, I counted every hour waiting for the rework i was hyped...

I do recall reading about the limit to four shields in some thread DE made, so it shouldn´t be a bug. Personally I find the limit just fine. That which you said about Speed being simply a self-buff and no one picking it up is something I can´t say anything about since I´ve neither used it a lot near others nor seen others do it, so while I remember DE saying something about other players having to pick it up, I have no idea how this pickup would look like.

Personally, I like this rework quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, Robin-da-Reaper said:

I do recall reading about the limit to four shields in some thread DE made, so it shouldn´t be a bug. Personally I find the limit just fine. That which you said about Speed being simply a self-buff and no one picking it up is something I can´t say anything about since I´ve neither used it a lot near others nor seen others do it, so while I remember DE saying something about other players having to pick it up, I have no idea how this pickup would look like.

Personally, I like this rework quite a bit. 

the pick up is a "run into a small orb you can easyly miss".. so easy to do, but easy to miss. especially if you are spread out in aroom.

8 minutes ago, Mokusvezer said:

Amazing! It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, not even the communtiy wrote it on the wiki! Where was it mentioned? In the middle of one of the devstreams in 2 seconds one of the devs said it or what?

Volt rework made Speed a selfbuff because noone picks it up, not even when I run ahead and even when I'm with friends. No more speed + attackspeed + shocking speed CC for whole team. The new shield is invisible in the middle so when your warframe clips through you can get killed, and it seems like they are limited to 4 for whatever reason, shocking the shields "for great synergy" makes them deal some unnoticable damage that cannot help you at all. Picking up the shields is cool yeah,not a big energy drain, but when you start running it drains your energy with 130% eff faster than you could say "meh" and the shield also slows you down. Discharge is completely useless against the corpus, I had 20 sec duration and overextended to reduce powerstrenght, in corpus sortie they were stunned for 2 seconds when atleast 2 corpus were next to eachother!  Shocking the "tesla coils" to make them "explode" does not seem to do much either.

He was my favourite frame with equinox, now I really don't know what to do... You may call me a crybaby but yes, I AM upset, I counted every hour waiting for the rework i was hyped...

negative strenght on his ulti maks it so the teslas ha less hp which results they get dispelled from taking too much dmg way too soon

frankly u crippled him urself

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

negative strenght on his ulti maks it so the teslas ha less hp which results they get dispelled from taking too much dmg way too soon

frankly u crippled him urself

More powerstrenght makes them to do more damage to eachother so when they are together they even take more damage. So more power strenght for more HP and dealing more damage to eachother to stay for longer? seems to fail everyway. Also discharge needs duration, range, and strenght then? And efficiency ofc...

Meh

13 minutes ago, Mokusvezer said:

More powerstrenght makes them to do more damage to eachother so when they are together they even take more damage. So more power strenght for more HP and dealing more damage to eachother to stay for longer? seems to fail everyway. Also discharge needs duration, range, and strenght then? And efficiency ofc...

Meh

basicly what u want is 175 efficency, 100dur and power and strecht for range

it gives u enough time on the ability and good range and theydo not instantly dispell from it's effect