The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 minutes max mission time limit?

Endless enemy scaling ?

Set a limit.

After 60 minutes max mission void tower detonation killing everything then tower regeneration to capture more grineer, etc to combat the next tenno visitors.

Imho this fixes endless enemy scaling and gives developers a set max enemy level target.

Lotus saying ''tenno tower detonation in 55 minutes '' adds a mission impossible vibe?

Lotus counts down,warning  every five minutes till tower detonation at 60 minutes .

And what would be the purpose of this? Not like we can't get out at 60 now....

This coercing will only serve to set a ceiling that you do not need to cross anymore. Like that, there won't be a point to improving anymore. And improvement to beat your old time is what keeps most people like me in this game.

Btw, 60 mins is dirt easy with most frames, even solo. We need some severe nerfs to make 60 mins the one, true, end-game. 

24 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

And what would be the purpose of this? Not like we can't get out at 60 now....

This coercing will only serve to set a ceiling that you do not need to cross anymore. Like that, there won't be a point to improving anymore. And improvement to beat your old time is what keeps most people like me in this game.

Btw, 60 mins is dirt easy with most frames, even solo. We need some severe nerfs to make 60 mins the one, true, end-game. 

Thats true now but if balance were its very hard to reach 20 minutes then a 60 minutes max becomes endgame 

The problem now is its too easy so drops are diluted and enemy scaling broken .I.E. Two hours mission for junk drops i.E silver cores orokin cells lol

Versus very hard to reach 20 minutes for a good reward and 60 minutes for a  much better reward with less dilution.

Plus another problem is too many available void keys.

Just now, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

Thats true now but if balance were its very hard to reach 20 minutes then a 60 minutes max becomes endgame 

The problem now is its too easy so drops are diluted and enemy scaling broken .I.E. Two hours mission for junk drops i.E silver cores orokin cells lol

Versus very hard to reach 20 minutes for a good reward and 60 minutes for a  much better reward with less dilution.

Plus another problem is too many available void keys.

I would have no problem if 20 mins were made hard to get to. We need for all our damage to be cut to 1/5 of what is now (not even including the Tokor in that) for 20 mins to actually be challenging.

I assume you are talking about 60 min survival being "end game" in this sense?  If so, how would you apply it to other missions.  Would Defense be 60 waves max? Would Interception have a max number of waves you can do?  If there is to be a true end game it has to be set for multiple missions and not just survival.

That being said, if you are talking about something different, then I would ask you clarify on what you consider "end game".  To me Sorite's are end game content.  Outside of the players that go or 3-4 hours in t4 survival you can't really get much higher than Sorties.  Other than LoR of course.

Not trying to sound like an &#!, just asking for clarification on what you envision as end game is all.

1 hour ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

After 60 minutes max mission void tower detonation killing everything then tower regeneration to capture more grineer, etc to combat the next tenno visitors.

Stupid idea. Survival starts getting interesting at 40minutes. After 1h it gets really fun. And you want it to end there? No!

27 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I would have no problem if 20 mins were made hard to get to. We need for all our damage to be cut to 1/5 of what is now (not even including the Tokor in that) for 20 mins to actually be challenging.

60 waves or 60 minutes .

I.E. Why does our boltor prime do close to a thousand per bullet when an easier scale is 1 damage per bullet unmodded and 100 modded?

If we remove zeros from enemy damage and enemy health and remove zeros from our weapons warframe powers damage then theres less disconnect from starchart to void then endgame becomes 60 waves or 60 minutes or reworked raids and sorties. Where theres no longer a need for 1 hitkill enemy .

Edited by (PS4)aiptekfanboy

9 minutes ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

Stupid idea. Survival starts getting interesting at 40minutes. After 1h it gets really fun. And you want it to end there? No!

what the OP is saying is that it should START where you think it gets interesting and then move from there, ie the common complaint for years now has been that all of the endless missions are hella boring becuz the 1st 10-30 mins are incredibly monotonous and easy/slow

so 're-balance' our abilities/dmg and the enemies so that the game is hard/challenging from the get-go and THEN set 60-90 minutes as the 'mission limit' ie its time to get out or die [which makes a ton more sense anyways, since infinite defense is dumb and the operative in survival can only loot so much, there should have always been a limit, or at the very least, the standard missions should have limits and only a select group of 'endless' missions should exist for leaderboards and they could have their own unique reward tables outside the rest of the game {full of cosmetics and such}]

this would also require a rework of the reward drop tables as well of course

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

1 minute ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

what the OP is saying is that it should START where you think it gets interesting and then move from there, ie the common complaint for years now has been that all of the endless missions are hella boring becuz the 1st 10-30 mins are incredibly monotonous and easy/slow

Why not just making a new Tier (T5) instead of making stupid restrictions/sudden mission ends?

1 hour ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

60 waves or 60 minutes .

I.E. Why does our boltor prime do close to a thousand per bullet when an easier scale is 1 damage per bullet unmodded and 100 modded?

If we remove zeros from enemy damage and enemy health and remove zeros from our weapons warframe powers damage then theres less disconnect from starchart to void then endgame becomes 60 waves or 60 minutes or reworked raids and sorties. Where theres no longer a need for 1 hitkill enemy .

60 waves is much harder than 60 mins. Difficult to protect a pod without a perfect frost and perfect CC. Also the enemy level is higher than in 60 mins surv.

I agree with making it difficult from start, but I don't agree with a difficulty cap. Let people stay as much as they want, but make their life hell if they choose to do so.

1 hour ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

Why not just making a new Tier (T5) instead of making stupid restrictions/sudden mission ends?

T5 at this point would be bullcrap. Think about what framing those keys would imply. Besides, T4 has enough artificial difficulty, with 3x more enemy damage than the norm for that level... What it should be done is making them start from higher level.

Sorties are somewhat fun because enemies start off when they can fight back. 

Maybe high leveled survivals could be capped at 60 mins yes, but the starting level should also be higher.

I have no objections to having a cap, but I don't want the first 30-40 minutes be boring.

After all, who likes a 30 minute build up in a movie? 

Side note: When are we getting a Dungeon mode? I want to crawl through a dungeon of degenerate Infested who make me fear them instead of jump scaring. An Exploration mode doesn't hurt. 

7 hours ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

It's interesting because you're OP.

When you're properly scaled the damage you do will require more time to down content, and then it becomes a race to finish.

In WoW they have boss timers to watch, because the challenge is to get the boss down before he wipes the entire room. It's a DPS/HPS check, and many a player has died to it, too.

But if DE plans to be that OTHER game, that's more open ended, they have to get the scaling right, or players will try to get to 6hr runs on client connections (that's insane in itself).

So you currently get locked in missions and they force you to stay after 60 minutes? Or what is your problem?

Simply extract from the mission at the 60 minutes mark is too hard for you? You feel the need for a game feature that kicks you out?

excuse my rage, but you really pissed me off, because these are the kind of posts that sometimes drive DE in making odd changes to the game