Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber

SA1NTJOK3R

Question

I'm just wondering about this mod and its racking my brain. So here's my situation. My heavy caliber is at rank 9, its 150% damage and -50% accuracy. Ok I understand that part. But when a weapon that says "100 accuracy" it should go to "50 accuracy" but it don't. Example, when I have my dera vandal its accuracy is 100, so when I equip my heavy caliber the accuracy goes own to 7.9 and with the torid it has 100 accuracy, but after heavy caliber then it goes down to a whopping 3. Does anyone have a logical explanation for this? I don't know if its a bug, glitch, or something else. I'm no math teacher but last time I was in school 50% of 100 is 50, right?

2 answers to this question

Yeah, Warframe math is not always intuitive :P

Heavy Caliber in actuality increases spread, which especially for weapons with 100% accuracy
and / or non-hitscan projectiles has a much bigger effect than the % on HC would lead you to believe.

Edited by NinjaZeku

ignore the actual 'Accuracy' Stat, it's not useful due to the way it represents data.
just get a feel for things from use with and without -Accuracy Mods so you have an idea if you're okay with the results.

(though, Magnum Force is a joke and you should never use it unless you specifically want your Weapon to be less Accurate, so Heavy Caliber and Vicious Sporead are the only Mods in this category really)

Edited by taiiat