Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hunt For The Rogue [Open, IC]

Tjeker14

DISCLAIMER: This thread is post-u18, so it is HIGHLY recommended (but not required) to play through the Second Dream before joining/reading. Therefore, any and all origin stories are accepted. Doesn't matter what you think a Warframe is. Massive spoilers may lay ahead as well. You've been warned.

Now that that's over with, let's begin, shall we?

STORY:

TRANSMISSION STARTS

Tenno,

Approximately five days ago, a Warframe went missing, having mysteriously vanished from the hold of its Orbiter. At the time, it had been assumed that it had been taken for assimilation into the Zanuka program and had never been retrieved. Now, reports matching the missing frame have appeared, showing it to have assassinated multiple unmarked targets. All attempts to track down the frame have failed, all cells sent to track have not reported back. Tenno, we need you to-

TRANSMISSION CANCELED

The Rogue stepped away from the screen as those two words flashed across the screen Although the transmission was now years old, he still read it, and internalized every part of it, the transmission that had set The Hunters upon him. He walked across the cabin of his Scimitar lander, which had been landed on a remote, uninhabited moon-like body in the outer reaches of the system for four years now, after he'd lost the pursuit of The Hunters. He ran systems check on every single system that still remained functional on a lander that hadn't had maintenance for years on end. As he ran the final check on the fifth redundant orbital scan system, he noticed an anomaly, one the size of a full-size Corpus Obelisk. He reset the sensors, and saw that it was no anomaly. Grabbing what little supplies he could, his Snipetron Vandal, Akjagara Pistols, and Ripkas, and donning his helmet, he ran outside. Emitting a few confused noises, a Shade sentinel flew after him. As he looked to the skies, one word escaped his lips,

"No..."

Jantruis stepped away from his spot on the command bridge on the Obelisk, long ago taken by his clan and refitted with Tenno weaponry. "Tactical, give me some lights. What do we see down there?". The response came shortly. "Only some vegetation... hold on... we're seeing a small ship on ground, sir. Tenno in origin, but not giving off any signals we know.". Jantrius smiled, "It's him", he whispered to himself. "Offensive, light it up."

The Rogue ran like hell, away from his his Scimitar, because he knew what was coming...

KRAKOOM

Behind him, his Scimitar was struck by multiple Gauss shells, shattering its outer armor, and damaging its vulnerable power core, causing a massive meltdown. All those years he'd spent running from The Hunters in that vehicle, only to have all the custom weapons and modifications inside lost. The Rogue stumbled for a moment, wanting to stop and salvage what he could, but he knew it would lead to his capture. He had to keep moving. Otherwise, the ground teams would catch him the moment they landed.

Jantruis stared at the live feed of the ship smoking on the surface, smiling at how easily he had handicapped his quarry. He knew that the one he was hunting would have survived the blast, it was simply meant to flush him out of hiding, as well as destroy any looming advantages provided by such a ship and its facilities. They had grounded the bird, now they just had to kill it. "Deploy ground teams, I want a base camp set up on the surface within the hour. Set up a sensor curtain in orbit, in case he tries to hijack a ship.". He strode to the launch bays, where he would catch the first ship down after all preparations were made.

Some information about the setting:

A small moon-like body in the outer fringes of the system. As far as we know, it contains no sentient life. Known life-forms include some larger trees, which grow to form large forests that dot the surface, along with few varieties of semi-toxic underbrush. Fauna mainly consists of herbivores and scavengers, with few aquatic life-forms and a few large hunters.

The body has fairly regular surface features, save for a small, coastal mountain range and a large ocean, along with a few small lakes, rivers, and other features. Some large canyons can be found in very specific areas.

Since the body has never been fully colonized, it does not contain many structures. However, many Corpus dwellings dot the clearings in certain forests, with holes clawed in their steel outer shells, and glass windows shattered.

Although already being dim due to distance from the Sun, the body still experiences a day/night cycle, although it is very slow.

CHARACTERS:

There are three significant characters who you will need to know: ((All of which will be played by me or whoever I find appropriate. If applicable, names of players currently allowed to use these characters will be written beside each name.))

THE ROGUE: The target of the whole operation. You are to find him and capture him. Of course, orders aren't always meant to be followed...

JANTRUIS: Leader of the operation, provides information on current condition of resources at your disposal, along with answering any questions you may have about the operation.

JURANTIS: Ship's Cephalon for Obelisk 562, the ship owned by Jantruis's clan. Provides live feed of planetary surface scans, as well as up-to-date locations on known operatives.

OBJECTIVE:

There really is no objective. If you wish to follow the orders you came here on, you will try to find the Rogue and attempt to bring him to justice. However, if you decide that Jantruis is wrong, you may decide to help the Rogue stay under the cover of his patrols and other operatives stalking the planet. Or, you could simply strike out on your own. What you do is whatever you decide.

RULES: Same rules apply here as on the rest of the RP forums. 

• No God-Moding
  • No Overly-OP moves (Unless against your own OC's or defined NPCs.)
  • Be Polite!
  • Don't try to control other characters. 
  • Go with the flow, message me if you don't like where something is going.
  • (Misc Rule) Don't try to find The Rogue in one action. It won't work.

And remember, have fun!

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

"So, lemme get this straight."

-A young, raven-haired man sat in his Liset, analyzing the data on this 'Rogue'.  What little there was.-

"You want me in on your little manhunt?"

-Behind him sits a Vauban.  Well-used, the suit bore the scars of Sentient blasts.  Upon it sits a Rubico, Dual Toxocysts, and a Broken War.  All of it he only took for special situations.  But then, this was one of them, yes?-

"You've no idea where exactly this 'Rogue' character is, only that he's somewhere on the planet?  ...Why are you even going after him?"

-The man sighs in clear annoyance.  Wear dredges onto his face as he downs a small glass of scotch.  Upon the bottle reads, 'Property of Rhys - Do not touch if you value your life'-

8 hours ago, Sintag said:

"So, lemme get this straight."

-A young, raven-haired man sat in his Liset, analyzing the data on this 'Rogue'.  What little there was.-

"You want me in on your little manhunt?"

-Behind him sits a Vauban.  Well-used, the suit bore the scars of Sentient blasts.  Upon it sits a Rubico, Dual Toxocysts, and a Broken War.  All of it he only took for special situations.  But then, this was one of them, yes?-

"You've no idea where exactly this 'Rogue' character is, only that he's somewhere on the planet?  ...Why are you even going after him?"

-The man sighs in clear annoyance.  Wear dredges onto his face as he downs a small glass of scotch.  Upon the bottle reads, 'Property of Rhys - Do not touch if you value your life'-

Jantruis was speaking to the man through a small wrist communicator.

"Yes, we need as many able hands here as we can get.  The Rogue is known to be armed and highly dangerous, with the capability to take out a whole cell of Tenno. That should be enough information to tell you why we haven't gone after him yet."

Seth's ship flew to the surface of the small-moon astroid thing. His ship was a mantis that was gifted to him as he wasn't Tenno himself. 

"So a hunt? Why is this 'rogue' being hunted, if i may know." 

He checked his pair of cybernetic legs to see if they where calibrated correctly. The legs looked somewhat where based on the design of the loki and zephyr warframe's. Afterwards he grabbed his bow and quiver, checking how many arrows he had in them. 15 normal, 3 explosives, 2 scatters and 2 sonar arrows. Should be enough to find and eliminate whoever will try to kill him. 

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Seth's ship flew to the surface of the small-moon astroid thing. His ship was a mantis that was gifted to him as he wasn't Tenno himself. 

"So a hunt? Why is this 'rogue' being hunted, if i may know." 

He checked his pair of cybernetic legs to see if they where calibrated correctly. The legs looked somewhat where based on the design of the loki and zephyr warframe's. Afterwards he grabbed his bow and quiver, checking how many arrows he had in them. 15 normal, 3 explosives, 2 scatters and 2 sonar arrows. Should be enough to find and eliminate whoever will try to kill him. 

Jantruis swapped channels to speak with the newcomer. 

"Although the hunt was called off officially five years ago due to seeming disappearance of the target, multiple clans were charged with continuing the hunt. The Rogue is highly dangerous and unpredictable, and poses a threat to the whole system."

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Jantruis swapped channels to speak with the newcomer. 

"Although the hunt was called off officially five years ago due to seeming disappearance of the target, multiple clans were charged with continuing the hunt. The Rogue is highly dangerous and unpredictable, and poses a threat to the whole system."

"...Okay, i will do what i can to aid your hunt." 

Seth got out of his Mantis which had landed near the molten down Scimitar. "Damn some powerful weaponry you have on that ship." He mumbled as he crouched down and looked for footprints to get a possible clue to where the rogue went.

59 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"...Okay, i will do what i can to aid your hunt." 

Seth got out of his Mantis which had landed near the molten down Scimitar. "Damn some powerful weaponry you have on that ship." He mumbled as he crouched down and looked for footprints to get a possible clue to where the rogue went.

"Good luck down there. This planetoid has only been minimally explored by Corpus teams before being declared 'Inhospitable'. Check in with Jurantis for scans of the planet's surface every now and then."

Jantruis closed the communicator. "Let's hope we find this bastard quick," , he muttered to himself.

Seth followed the very light footprints he saw. he kept an scatter arrow ready on his bow in case he got jumped. He wondered why this place was declared inhospitable.

"Jurantis is there any wildlife i need to look out for?"

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

Seth followed the very light footprints he saw. he kept an scatter arrow ready on his bow in case he got jumped. He wondered why this place was declared inhospitable.

"Jurantis is there any wildlife i need to look out for?"

"One moment, filtering data..." A small, robotic male voice was heard inside Seth's helmet.

"Only life-forms identified by Corpus exploration are small rodents and few varieties of large herbivores. However, the claw marks in many Corpus settlements indicate the presence of large carnivorous organisms. Stay on guard." 

On a far-off tree, Seth could not know that he was being stalked. The Rogue was watching him through a modified scope on his Snipetron, watching to verify his course.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

"Alright, thanks for the information." Seth turned off the ear piece he used as a communication device as he thought he heard something. He scanned the area around him and switched his scatter arrow out to one of his sonar one's. He shot it at a tree near him. The signal the arrow send out would reveal any live form on Seth's hud. It would make them visible even through walls. Although this signal still could be scrambled if this rogue had the right tech. 

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"Alright, thanks for the information." Seth turned off the ear piece he used as a communication device as he thought he heard something. He scanned the area around him and switched his scatter arrow out to one of his sonar one's. He shot it at a tree near him. The signal the arrow send out would reveal any live form on Seth's hud. It would make them visible even through walls. Although this signal still could be scrambled if this rogue had the right tech. 

The Rogue jumped as he saw Seth pull back the arrow and fire. His helmet's modified HUD tracked the sonar waves, and he was luckily too far out of range for the sonar to detect him. He released a sigh of relief as he began making his way across the forest roof, heading as far away from the crash site as possible.

Seth still heard the noise the Rogue would make with his movement and ran towards where he heard them. He pulled out the scatter arrow again in case he would get jumped. If so he would launch this arrow which like the name says would scatter into 8 more tiny arrows and then bounce around... alot... this thing wasn't all that practical in CQC really.

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

Seth still heard the noise the Rogue would make with his movement and ran towards where he heard them. He pulled out the scatter arrow again in case he would get jumped. If so he would launch this arrow which like the name says would scatter into 8 more tiny arrows and then bounce around... alot... this thing wasn't all that practical in CQC really.

The Rogue, who had originally been attempting to move silently across the many branches of the trees, heard Seth sprinting behind him. Abandoning all stealth for a panicked run, he darted across the canopy with astounding speed, never missing a step.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

5 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The Rogue, who had originally been attempting to move silently across the many branches of the trees, heard Seth sprinting behind him. Abandoning all stealth for a panicked run, he darted across the canopy with astounding speed, never missing a step.

Seth knew he wouldn't be able to catch up running. Thus he drew his bow and shot the scatter arrow. It landed around 15 meters away from the rogue before bursting into 8 arrows going into his direction. Although some bounced awake against tree branches and rocks.

12 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Seth knew he wouldn't be able to catch up running. Thus he drew his bow and shot the scatter arrow. It landed around 15 meters away from the rogue before bursting into 8 arrows going into his direction. Although some bounced awake against tree branches and rocks.

A single glowing eye turned towards the arrows, and the Rogue finally revealed a hint about his identity. An electrical buzzing noise was heard as a glowing shield of energy appeared on his arm. The arrows thunked into it one by one, slightly jarring its owner. The shield evaporated, the now slightly-charred arrows clattering to the ground as the Rogue ran on.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

9 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

A single glowing eye turned towards the arrows, and the Rogue finally revealed a hint about his identity. An electrical buzzing noise was heard as a glowing shield of energy appeared on his arm. The arrows thunked into it one by one, slightly jarring its owner. The shield evaporated, the now slightly-charred arrows clattering to the ground as the Rogue ran on.

"Damn..." Seth just realises that he had a gaint ship that could give him backup. "I found the rogue! He placed down some energy shield. I can't keep up to him for much longer, he is much faster then me." 

Seth drew another arrow and shot it at the Rogue. It was aimed at his leg.

Edited by kyrozon

5 hours ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Jantruis was speaking to the man through a small wrist communicator.

"Yes, we need as many able hands here as we can get.  The Rogue is known to be armed and highly dangerous, with the capability to take out a whole cell of Tenno. That should be enough information to tell you why we haven't gone after him yet."

-Rhys sighed and took another small sip of his private reserve of scotch.  Setting the drink away, he hops into the waiting Vauban suit.  Sure, he COULD just use a Link, but he wasn't the best at keeping his power under control.  That, and this method was way more fun.-

"...Very well." -Rhys opens a panel and begins entering code.  Lots of it.  Within moments, he is dropped onto the planet, a small capsule opening to reveal him.  Scanning his landing zone, he finds no signs of either the Rogue or, for that matter, anyone else.  Putting away the Dual Toxocyst, he slowly began forwards, keeping his Broken War on hand.-

25 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Damn..." Seth just realises that he had a gaint ship that could give him backup. "I found the rogue! He placed down some energy shield. I can't keep up to him for much longer, he is much faster then me." 

Seth drew another arrow and shot it at the Rogue. It was aimed at his leg.

"Dammit," the rogue thinks to himself. "Now that they've got command on the line, it's only a matter of time until..."

Jantruis smiled up on the ship. "Command, get an uplink ready. We've got a bird to catch." He spoke back to Seth, "Keep visual contact on the target for approximately one and a half minutes. That should give the lock time to aquire. "

Meanwhile, the Rogue had sidestepped the arrow, and was coming up on a clearing. Rather than steering around it, he jumped directly to the center. His silver spine shone in the light as he flew through the air. He landed gracefully in the center of the clearing, staring directly back at Seth.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

Seth froze in his place when the Rogue looked at him. Just one question wandered through his mind. 

"... Why?.. Why are you hunted?"

he looked away from the Rogue. He wasn't going to let them have their lock intill he has anwsers.

23 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Seth froze in his place when the Rogue looked at him. Just one question wandered through his mind. 

"... Why?.. Why are you hunted?"

he looked away from the Rogue. He wasn't going to let them have their lock intill he has anwsers.

The voice that responded didn't come from the Rogue she saw, it came from above him. 

"Why the hell do you care? You all have the same goal, don't you? You just want me under control again."

The Rogue in the clearing moved towards Seth.

"If you're here to kill me, look at me. Look at what you're trying to suppress."

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The voice that responded didn't come from the Rogue she saw, it came from above her. 

"Why the hell do you care? You all have the same goal, don't you? You just want me under control again."

The Rogue in the clearing moved towards Seth.

"If you're here to kill me, look at me. Look at what you're trying to suppress."

Seth kept looking away. "... They will get a lock on if i look at you. I just want to know... Who is trying to control you?" Seth sounded honest and from how he held the bow it was clear his intent wasn't to kill.

19 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Seth kept looking away. "... They will get a lock on if i look at you. I just want to know... Who is trying to control you?" Seth sounded honest and from how he held the bow it was clear his intent wasn't to kill.

"The same as the ones who control all of us." the voice said solemnly.

"Come on, turn around!" the Rogue silently whispered to himself. With every passing second that there was no lock, ground teams were closing on the location of the last recieved transmission, which would soon lead them to where they were standing.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

"... Are you talking about the lotus?" Seth looked at the Rogue in the corner of his eyes.

the Lotus. He had never liked her. Always so protective of the tenno, yet they don't even give killing a second thought. His mind went back to an earth base where a few grinneer defectors where. They where killed by tenno hands before Seth could escort them away.