Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hunt For The Rogue [Open, IC]

Tjeker14

22 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Jantruis grimaced. "Unfortunately, we cannot provide appearance at the current moment. One of our operatives had an eye on him at some point, but couldn't get a lock. Based on reports of energy shields, we can assume that it is a Volt frame."

"Good to know.  Why are you hunting him?"  

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Good to know.  Why are you hunting him?"  

"As was stated in the report we sent out, he has assassinated multiple unmarked targets, as well as resisted capture and murdered his fellow Tenno. He's dangerous, unpredictable, and a danger to the system."

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

28 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"As was stated in the report we sent out, he has assassinated multiple unmarked targets, as well as resisted capture and murdered his fellow Tenno. He's dangerous, unpredictable, and a danger to the system."

"Unmarked by you, perhaps.  There are many factions who will pay for services rendered, and what are the Tenno better at than killing?  Killing fellow Tenno is unforgivable without provocation.  I would like to know his cause before condemning him to die, but I also know that the innocent don't tend to kill their way out, then run away and hide."

18 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Unmarked by you, perhaps.  There are many factions who will pay for services rendered, and what are the Tenno better at than killing?  Killing fellow Tenno is unforgivable without provocation.  I would like to know his cause before condemning him to die, but I also know that the innocent don't tend to kill their way out, then run away and hide."

"If he's innocent, then why did he run? I don't give a damn what his thinking was. He defied orders, and betrayed the Lotus. Go out there and ask him yourself if you want, just don't expect to come back with your throat intact."

9 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"If he's innocent, then why did he run? I don't give a damn what his thinking was. He defied orders, and betrayed the Lotus. Go out there and ask him yourself if you want, just don't expect to come back with your throat intact."

Richard laughed.  "I'll take that as a challenge.  I'll see what I can do about finding him for you, but I'm bringing him back alive or not at all."  He began his descent to the planetoid.

11 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard laughed.  "I'll take that as a challenge.  I'll see what I can do about finding him for you, but I'm bringing him back alive or not at all."  He began his descent to the planetoid.

"I appreciate your assistance." Jantruis said politely before closing his communicator. He sighed, "this is why I don't like involving Tenno outside the clan, too unreliable..."

5 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Seth jumped down from the tree and walked towards Rhys. "You are a hunter too, correct?"

"You could say that, yes." -Rhys's voice came from only him now.- "Sorry I ruined your last shot there.  Name's Rhys."

8 hours ago, Sintag said:

"You could say that, yes." -Rhys's voice came from only him now.- "Sorry I ruined your last shot there.  Name's Rhys."

"Eh i got one real hit on him atleast. The name is Seth." Seth replied as he extended a hand to the tenno.

There were a lot of trees.  Richard pondered all the reasons why one Tenno would want to kill another as he walked, and settled on the most logical: a misunderstanding led to self-defense.

Of course, there weren't too many things that could cause a misunderstanding of such magnitude that two Tenno would come to blows, especially if they had known each other well beforehand.

He continued walking through the trees, looking for signs of recent sentient traversal.

A small Liset landed in a clearing on the astral body and a young green-orange Valkyr stepped out, slightly trembling. she was seemingly unarmed and didn't seem harmful at all. she then walked off into the forest, confused by her location. "W-Where am I...? Where did Thendron bring me...? why am I here...?" she mumbled as she walked out further, making sure to stay hidden.

5 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

A small Liset landed in a clearing on the astral body and a young green-orange Valkyr stepped out, slightly trembling. she was seemingly unarmed and didn't seem harmful at all. she then walked off into the forest, confused by her location. "W-Where am I...? Where did Thendron bring me...? why am I here...?" she mumbled as she walked out further, making sure to stay hidden.

The Rogue had been wandering into the clearing, but saw the Liset touch down. He instantly retreated, wincing as the change in motion forced the wound to stretch painfully. He crouched down and watched the Valkyr as she moved away from the liset, one hand hovering over his pistol.

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The Rogue had been wandering into the clearing, but saw the Liset touch down. He instantly retreated, wincing as the change in motion forced the wound to stretch painfully. He crouched down and watched the Valkyr as she moved away from the liset, one hand hovering over his pistol.

The Valkyr didn't notice a thing and kept wandering stealthily through the forest, occasionaly crouching down to inspect the flora.

8 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

The Valkyr didn't notice a thing and kept wandering stealthily through the forest, occasionaly crouching down to inspect the flora.

The Rogue attempted to skirt around the newcomer. She appeared unarmed, but she could have just been carrying her weapons cloaked. Even then, any noise she made could attract the Hunters. He would need to be careful...

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

6 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The Rogue attempted to skirt around the newcomer. She appeared unarmed, but she could have just been carrying her weapons cloaked. Even then, any noise she made could attract the Hunters. He would need to be careful...

The Valkyr kept moving silently, completely oblivious to the Rogue's presence.

5 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"She's moving as quietly as I am. What's wrong over there? Is she a Hunter, or one of the Hunted? Could it be that I'm not alone?" The Rogue thought to himself as he watched her from the other side of the clearing. His mind told him to move on, but he needed to keep track of this one.

16 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"She's moving as quietly as I am. What's wrong over there? Is she a Hunter, or one of the Hunted? Could it be that I'm not alone?" The Rogue thought to himself as he watched her from the other side of the clearing. His mind told him to move on, but he needed to keep track of this one.

24 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Something moved in the corner of his eye.  Richard froze, then slowly sunk to all fours.

It was a Valkyr.  She was about 50 meters away, moving slowly and silently, pausing every now and then to inspect some plant or another.  Richard slowed his breathing and watched her.

57 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Something moved in the corner of his eye.  Richard froze, then slowly sunk to all fours.

It was a Valkyr.  She was about 50 meters away, moving slowly and silently, pausing every now and then to inspect some plant or another.  Richard slowed his breathing and watched her.

The Valkyr kept moving, occasionally picking a flower or weed that she identified as a non-dangerous substance before moving on. She appeared to be gathering the plants for something.

52 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

The Valkyr kept moving, occasionally picking a flower or weed that she identified as a non-dangerous substance before moving on. She appeared to be gathering the plants for something.

The Rogue looked around the clearing, not seeing Richard on the other side, and decides it is safe enough to risk a closer look. He moves closer toward the edge of the clearing, but not quite into it yet. The silver on the horn of his helmet reflected the sunlight as he moved in.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

1 minute ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The Rogue looks around the clearing, not seeing Richars on the other side, and decides it is safe enough to risk a closer look. He moves closer toward the edge of the clearing, but not quite into it yet. The silver on the horn of his helmet reflected the sunlight as he moved in.

The Valkyr was oblivious to the Rogue and kept picking flowers, humming a sad tune.

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

The Valkyr was oblivious to the Rogue and kept picking flowers, humming a sad tune.

Richard noticed something glinting across the clearing from the Valkyr.  He slid a Talon out of its case and crawled a little closer to the clearing, taking care not to move any foliage.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard noticed something glinting across the clearing from the Valkyr.  He slid a Talon out of its case and crawled a little closer to the clearing, taking care not to move any foliage.

The Valkyr looked up and walked to her Liset, where she deposited her picked foliage. She was still oblivious to the Rogue and Richard.

26 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

The Valkyr looked up and walked to her Liset, where she deposited her picked foliage. She was still oblivious to the Rogue and Richard.

The Rogue shifted to keep his view on the Valkyr, but he noticed a shift in the shadows across the clearing. He kept half his attention on the spot while continuing to watch the Valkyr.