The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture Target Should Die If One-Shotted

(PSN)Az-uaex

The capture target can die if you lag; it sometimes fails the missions; it sometimes has a invisible area to press X and capture Air to complete. 

but really, the idea is lame. 
The capture target is weak enough; one shotting it is a breeze with any gun.

This just sounds like you have salt towards people who can speed run capture missions. 

Edited by Vesiga

1 minute ago, Vesiga said:

The capture target can die if you lag; it sometimes fails the missions; it sometimes has a invisible area to press X and capture Air to complete. 

but really, the idea is lame. 
The capture target is weak enough; one shotting it is a breeze with any gun.

This just sounds like you have salt towards people who can speed run capture missions. 

Yeah, I remember once I killed him so hard I couldn't find the capture prompt. xD I think I actually had glitched him into the ground.

You'd have to un-mod weapons for a Lvl 5 Capture target compared to a Lvl 30 Capture target. It'd be a bit too annoying to be doing that between missions for a single target.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of new mechanics like specialized bodyguards or traps made to slow players down, but not this.

13 hours ago, Maicael said:

You'd have to un-mod weapons for a Lvl 5 Capture target compared to a Lvl 30 Capture target. It'd be a bit too annoying to be doing that between missions for a single target.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of new mechanics like specialized bodyguards or traps made to slow players down, but not this.

We get slowed down enough already when the corpus guy procs cold on us... Damn I hate this guy!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity

No, not a good idea.

I usually run captures with a 4-forma Sancti Tigris, and I "subdue" targets by firmly pressing the muzzle against them and unloading both barrels at once. Even if it doesn't crit, I'd need a dustpan to collect what's left of them if they could die at all. 

Edited by Reifnir

13 hours ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

It'd be a pain to be forced to use weak weapons to make sure we don't 1-shot them... How did you even get such an idea?

I was finishing my six forma Tonkor .....

13 hours ago, Vesiga said:

not really i just thought it would be a fun surprise.

12 hours ago, Reifnir said:

No, not a good idea.

I usually run captures with a 4-forma Sancti Tigris, and I "subdue" targets by firmly pressing the muzzle against them and unloading both barrels at once. Even if it doesn't crit, I'd need a dustpan to collect what's left of them if they could die at all. 

thats what im saying. if you unload on him/her twice he/she should die. its too much they would drown

in their own blood of course

13 hours ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

We get slowed down enough already when the corpus guy procs cold on us... Damn I hate this guy!

he gave me PTSD >_< . no pls no 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

Yeah, I remember once I killed him so hard I couldn't find the capture prompt. xD I think I actually had glitched him into the ground.

If you kill the target with the Vaykor Hek (not sure about Hek) its "body" flies off somewhere while its actual body is still where it died, but invisible until the target gets back up. The body that flew off doesn't have the capture option.

It's fun to use the Vaykor Hek sometimes and watch an ally capture thin air.

1 minute ago, Madway7 said:

If you kill the target with the Vaykor Hek (not sure about Hek) its "body" flies off somewhere while its actual body is still where it died, but invisible until the target gets back up. The body that flew off doesn't have the capture option.

Pffft, Vaykor Hek? 

Try killing with Sonicor - you'll have to use satellite surveillance to find out on which continent it landed.

Just now, Reifnir said:

Pffft, Vaykor Hek? 

Try killing with Sonicor - you'll have to use satellite surveillance to find out on which continent it landed.

Problem is that it's not a matter of where the target landed, but where the target "died" with the Vaykor Hek.

Wasn't trying to get a homerun with the weapon =P.

6 hours ago, Madway7 said:

I actually nailed him into the ground with Fragor Prime. We didn't try to capture where the body was, but where the marker was on the mini map, but we couldn't find the prompt.

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Capture targets, in my opinion, should be redesigned. They should be more like mini-bosses. Penalizing players for using strong weapons is a bad idea.

^This^

Mainly not be an objective that runs away with invulnerability to our abilities.