Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

With a giddy little hop (and several minutes of admonishing himself for childish displays of emotion) Hund returned to the cockpit (sending a strange purple colored roller on the end of a chain squealing across the room with an accidental kick) and began tapping away at the "keys" in a flurry of feverish productivity.

"You hear that Stephan!"

He said to the slowly floating cracked green compass arrow projected off the machine to the left.

"MORE Orokin ships means more odds of finding a map fragment!"

he adjusted his (the Chroma's) left leg into a more supportive position that would hold his body up a bit more as he typed in the last few digits of the coordinates 

"Let's see what this "head researcher" fellow has in store for us eh?"

The Cephalon simply sat there, the arrow pointing limply in a direction away from the relay.

"Heck yeah sir Mr. Hund sir!" 

Said Hund in a high pitched ed voice as he mentally manipulated the Chroma's hand into a hand puppet appearence.

"Onwards towards boundless possibilities!"

With that, a simple button press was all it took and the ship had flown through the crack in reality and was on it's way through the Void towards. . . well, something at least.

Edited by Unus
Grammer

With a jerk, the Orbiter pulled itself from the faded clouds and ethereal energies of the void. . . and parallel to a pristine looking vessel floating in orbit of the planet in all it's glinting glory. Reflexively, Hund immediately flipped on Void cloak and sent a vocal Whisper to relay control.

"Uh, excuse me sir or mam, when I was told there was a possability for Orokin machinery to be found, no one told me I'd be jumping ALONGSIDE SEVERAL FUNCTIONING SUBJECTS!"

He immediately willed his Chroma to hide behind the console and pick up a messy assembly of what appeared to be a Death Sphere plate wired to a metal box. Takeing a deep breath, he calmed himself and ended the message with a short and sweet 

"Have I come at a bad time?

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

With a jerk, the Orbiter pulled itself from the faded clouds and ethereal energies of the void. . . and parallel to a pristine looking vessel floating in orbit of the planet in all it's glinting glory. Reflexively, Hund immediately flipped on Void cloak and sent a vocal Whisper to relay control.

"Uh, excuse me sir or mam, when I was told there was a possability for Orokin machinery to be found, no one told me I'd be jumping ALONGSIDE SEVERAL FUNCTIONING SUBJECTS!"

He immediately willed his Chroma to hide behind the console and pick up a messy assembly of what appeared to be a Death Sphere plate wired to a metal box. Takeing a deep breath, he calmed himself and ended the message with a short and sweet 

"Have I come at a bad time?

The Vessel you see is heavily damaged, and has gray and black in place of ivory and gold. Several ships hover around it repairing various spots of damage. You see a Death Orb rotate in one of the wing housing to point at you for a split second, then it returns to its postion

"This is Commander Theylin of the Sons of Hayden." A voice says. "Who just buzzed my ship?"

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

Fell almost reflectivly drew a pistol, only stopping halfway in the motion. "No I don't know who you are, is it something i'm suppose to?"

Cynthia waved at Nox. "Also good seeing ya again, Nox."

Nox nods her greetings in return, before seeming to wave at Felicty, internally smiling. "People these days, so many status update, news all the time. I suppose it's better though, than the ignorance that the Orokin once prided themselves in." She stands out of her chair, checking her skirt to make sure it's not tangled again. "Anyways, I heard something about an explorer? I'm going to presume he was lured in by the missing terraformer. Always amazes me how long Orokin tech can last, given how intricate it can be."

2 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Nox nods her greetings in return, before seeming to wave at Felicty, internally smiling. "People these days, so many status update, news all the time. I suppose it's better though, than the ignorance that the Orokin once prided themselves in." She stands out of her chair, checking her skirt to make sure it's not tangled again. "Anyways, I heard something about an explorer? I'm going to presume he was lured in by the missing terraformer. Always amazes me how long Orokin tech can last, given how intricate it can be."

"Indeed." She says. "He has offered to search for it."

She looks at both of you.

"I was thinking you could join him." She said. "A bit of an adventure. It would be nice to get out of the lab. To test your new weapons."

Hund stretched himself out of his Chroma body's grasp just far enough to be close to the speaker and said

"Buzzed is. . . a bit of a strong term Commander, I was on my way towards your particular planet when I happened to just barely miss your hulk."

His Chroma arm reaches up and scratches the back of his bald mutilated head.

"Apologies are in order, I am Hund, newly traumatized Master of the Elder folk Clan and I heard I was cleared for landing, that still hold true?"

He presses the enter key and reclines back into his Chroma's grasp, eyeing his latest piece of cobbled togethor salvage with a critical eye and muttering about it's unfinished components.

Edited by Unus
Grammer

Just now, Unus said:

Hund stretched himself out of his Chroma body's grasp just far enough to be close to the speaker and said

"Buzzed is. . . a bit of a strong term Commander, I was on my way towards your particular planet when I happened to just barely miss your hulk."

His Chroma arm reaches up and scratches the back of his balled mutilated head.

"Apologies are in order, I am Hund, newly traumatized Master of the Elder folk Clan and I heard I was cleared for landing, that still hold true?"

He presses the enter key and reclines back into his Chroma's grasp, eyeing his latest piece of cobbled togethor salvage with a critical eye and muttering about it's unfinished components.

"Last I checked that was what buzzing was." Theylin says with a bit of humor. "Try not to do it again, hot-rod."

A set of coordinates appear on your screen.

"We are aware of your purpose here." He says. "Please contact Felicity, our lead researcher, and land at those coordinates."

"Excellent!"

Said Hund willing his body to rise to its feet and once again sending the poled purple roller squalling across the room and smacking into a heap of parts. 

"All I need is a humble spot in orbit to make preparations for a surface excursion and I'll be out of your hair in a jiffy sir."

His Chroma hoisted him up into a standing position to survey his domain of scrap, weapons, projects, and who knows what else.

His Chroma hand slowly covered his eyes and slowly wiped downwards

"This may. . . this could take some time. . .

His Chroma slowly pressed the enter key and, with all the speed of a slacking officeworker told to look busy, set to work organizeing "The Collection".

Edited by Unus
Grammer

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Excellent!"

Said Hund willing his body to rise to its feet and once again sending the poled purple roller squalling across the room and smacking into a heap of parts. 

"All I need is a humble spot in orbit to make preparations for a surface excursion and I'll be out of your hair in a jiffy sir."

His Chroma hoisted him up into a standing position to survey his domain of scrap, weapons, projects, and who knows what else.

His Chroma hand slowly covered his eyes and slowly wiped downwards

"This may. . . this could take some time. . .

His Chroma slowly pressed the enter key and, with all the speed of slacking officworker told to look busy, set to work organizeing "The Collection".

"Understood." He says. "Just be sure to let us know before you try to make planetfall, don't want you running into the force barrier."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"This is who you have been." Luc says. "This is what all tenno are. Why does that bother you? A suit of armor does not define us."

"No, not when I've spent all of my life in that suit."

He turns to face the woman

"Where can I find this Zaeed?"

The screen in Mission Control slowly fizzes online and a Mag in Corpus Crewmen patterned garb is seen with left hand on it's hip and a blowtorch in it's right

"Alright chaps!" 

The strangely accented and feminine voice states as it tosses the blowtorch off screen. 

"Most of the Tungsten bars have been magnetically compacted down to a manageable size, I have most of the components stowed away in the materializer and I'm pretty sure. . . (several loud bangs like those of a shotgun are heard in the background amidst a cacophony of shrieking) . . . Yep, Infested containment has been cleared and subjects are being dumped in the engine AS. WE. SPEAK! 

It raises it's arms in an excited pose before turning back to the camera.

"W. . . 

It stops for a moment, head cocked as though confused. The Mag frame holds it's hand to it's face and holds the plexiglass plate where it's forehead would be. The voice lowers down to a familiar level and the frame assumes a professional pose

". . .I am ready for orbital insertion, I need only your word and my Liset will drop me off. Look for the one in Grinic patterns."

The Mag slowly turns away from the camera and walks away head lowered, before the feed goes static, and then, dark.

Edited by Unus
Grammer and Clarity.

9 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*He takes it, but scans it with his onboard scanner in his visor, he looks to him, to scan him as well, for any fakes or duplicates or any other sli tricks* "One moment, Sir, I need to check the item, first, your still Curpous.."

(( Reposting))

9 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*She rises a brow, to them* "By all means, allow your "Grinner" friend, allow you to do it for free, at when ever time he bothers to do it, but if you want that frame in your hands, right now, right away, for only a small fee" *She looks to him* "Zaeed is the man"

"And considering the pain your in, I might come with you, see if I can pull up some charms, to allow Zaeed to make the price even lower, seening your in need of it"

*She looks to Luc* "Also, sease we play that game" *She smiles* "Try spending a hole month alone, deep in the core of the infestation, of what used to be a Cuprous sihp" *She clears her throat* "With nothing to eat but Infested flesh and what lays dead of its old crew"

"Each day, hiding in a hole, hopeing the Infested don't rip you apart, lucky for me..they Ignored me after a while and tell me do you kown why? *She learns closer* "Take a guess at my face and body"

(( reposting))

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I was thinking you could join him." She said. "A bit of an adventure. It would be nice to get out of the lab. To test your new weapons."

"Well got nothing else to do and i wanted to go out explore anyway. So where do i meet up with this guy?"

22 hours ago, Rakawan said:

12 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Well got nothing else to do and i wanted to go out explore anyway. So where do i meet up with this guy?"

Nox goes quiet for a moment, as she is wont to do, before looking between the other two. "It would be nice to stretch my legs. Maybe take my shade out for a spin, it's cloak should be finished by now, might allow for a bit more concealment when the shadows aren't enough. Where would we find this person? From what I heard over general comms he seems... Charismatic."

21 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Nox goes quiet for a moment, as she is wont to do, before looking between the other two. "It would be nice to stretch my legs. Maybe take my shade out for a spin, it's cloak should be finished by now, might allow for a bit more concealment when the shadows aren't enough. Where would we find this person? From what I heard over general comms he seems... Charismatic."

"He will be here shortly." Felicity says. 

12 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Here." Felicity says. "Assuming he doesn't accidently trigger the defenses with his over-eager attitude."

14 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

(( reposting))

"Try spending a month on the hideout from Grineer, with nothing to eat at all." Luc says. "In what used to be your own home. Knowing that if you are caught you will first be tortured, then dissected, and then, if lucky, killed."

17 hours ago, Unus said:

The screen in Mission Control slowly fizzes online and a Mag in Corpus Crewmen patterned garb is seen with left hand on it's hip and a blowtorch in it's right

"Alright chaps!" 

The strangely accented and feminine voice states as it tosses the blowtorch off screen. 

"Most of the Tungsten bars have been magnetically compacted down to a manageable size, I have most of the components stowed away in the materializer and I'm pretty sure. . . (several loud bangs like those of a shotgun are heard in the background amidst a cacophony of shrieking) . . . Yep, Infested containment has been cleared and subjects are being dumped in the engine AS. WE. SPEAK! 

It raises it's arms in an excited pose before turning back to the camera.

"W. . . 

It stops for a moment, head cocked as though confused. The Mag frame holds it's hand to it's face and holds the plexiglass plate where it's forehead would be. The voice lowers down to a familiar level and the frame assumes a professional pose

". . .I am ready for orbital insertion, I need only you word and my Liset will drop me off. Look for the one in Grinic patterns."

The Mag slowly turns away from the camera and walks away head lowered, before the feed goes static, and then, dark.

"Understood." Theylin says. "You are clear to land. Coordinates for the lab are as follows."

A set of coordinates are transmitted.

3 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Aight, guess i might head back to the shooting range if that's the case."

I'll let you know when he arrives." Felicity says. "No doubt he will probably drool all over the lab. And the Zariman."

23 hours ago, kyrozon said:

A place that really was safe. That was something Fell had been looking for, for far too long.

"A place of shelter would be nice." Tiredness became very audible in Fell's voice. Seems like he couldn't really hide how exshausted he was any longer.

"Of course." Tak says.

He leads you to a small room with a simple bed and desk.

"I can have parchment and ink sent for if you wish to record any thoughts." He says. "I will notify the others to give you space."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course." Tak says.

He leads you to a small room with a simple bed and desk.

"I can have parchment and ink sent for if you wish to record any thoughts." He says. "I will notify the others to give you space."

"Thank you, Tak. For now i simply wish to sleep." The tiredness in Fell's voice became more and more apparent.

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Thank you, Tak. For now i simply wish to sleep." The tiredness in Fell's voice became more and more apparent.

"I will keep guard."  A voice says. It sounds hauntingly familiar, but you cannot place it. "That is if I have proven mysefl enough to be trusted."

A shade wielding a Lacera with the Acolyte skin stands outside the door.

"If he does not wake." Tak says. "Your existence will not continue."

Tak leaves and Ryoko puts a hand on the shade.

"You have proven yourself well enough." He says. "The Grandmaster will see that eventually."

The shade nods and Ryoko leaves as well.

"Rest easy, brother." The shade says. "No one, Tenno or otherwise, will disturb you while I stand guard."