The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

22 minutes ago, Teloch said:

((Reposting? Let there be reposting!))

"Ahh yes paste." The Vauban says. "Or perhaps stew. Our Meridian friends seem to have quite a fondness for stew."

Edited by Rakawan

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ahh yes paste." The Vauban says, or perhaps stew. Our Meridian friends seem to have quite a fondness for stew."

"Your village trade with the other settlements and groups? Well, seems like one of the ways around problems. Say, how do you people work with the local syndicates? I mean how do you all get along?" 

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Grineer Captain seems surprised. He looks around warily. 

In that second Darrin acts. A Snowglobe pops up, blocking the incoming sniper shots. His Hek roars, downing two of the Lancers as the Captain backpedals. The others close in.

Rovak then activated his vex armor, covering his skin in a thick toxic hide. He began sprinting forward towards the captain. As he did, he unleashed his ripkas, ready to tear anyone apart in his way.

Edited by Dynamon_X

18 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell follows the foot prints and follows it deeper into the forest. It leads them to a small open plain within it. He looks around, seeing no more traces of the nyx. "Dammit..." Just as he said that some nearby bushes rustled. Immediatly Fell made his weapons reform. Considering his lack of melee weapons he motioned for Tsun to take a closer look. 

((reposting))

2 minutes ago, Dynamon_X said:

Rovak the. Activated his vex armor, covering his skin in a thick toxic hide. He began sprinting forward towards the captain. As he did, he unleashed his ripkas, ready to tear anyone apart in his way.

The Captain darts back, pressing a button on a console and yelling at his troops to kill you as the door begins to close before him.

You hear a Marelok fire and the two snipers fall to the ground beside you. The Lancers hesitate, looking between you and the Frost.

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Your village trade with the other settlements and groups? Well, seems like one of the ways around problems. Say, how do you people work with the local syndicates? I mean how do you all get along?" 

"Much the same as we do in Sol." He says. "They contact their members and offer jobs. Those of us that favor them and feel like it accept."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Much the same as we do in Sol." He says. "They contact their members and offer jobs. Those of us that favor them and feel like it accept."

"I meant if there were any problems among over-politicised tenno expressing their views in front of each other, but nevermind. In the place when I came from, everything is regulated via statute, and so no political quarrels appear. Anyway, what are local tenno morale? Do they enjoy the more settled way of life?"

Edited by Teloch

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Captain darts back, pressing a button on a console and yelling at his troops to kill you as the door begins to close before him.

You hear a Marelok fire and the two snipers fall to the ground beside you. The Lancers hesitate, looking between you and the Frost.

Rovak co to yes sprinting to the captain, ignoring the lancers to the side as the vex armor dampens the impact of the bullets. He swings the ripkas in a rapid, savage, and senseless way, tearing apart the lancers standing between Rovak and the captain. He leaped towards him, trying to tackle him.

3 minutes ago, Dynamon_X said:

Rovak co to yes sprinting to the captain, ignoring the lancers to the side as the vex armor dampens the impact of the bullets. He swings the ripkas in a rapid, savage, and senseless way, tearing apart the lancers standing between Rovak and the captain. He leaped towards him, trying to tackle him.

The Captain dives backwards as the door closes and then crumples under your momentum. He begins crawling backwards, Nemes rising around him protectively. Two Grineer Lancers fly through the doorway to slam against the wall. The Hek roars and the remaining lancers on the platform cry out.

The Captain hits a button on his armpad and electricity lances out from the walls...

and fries the Nemes. 

"YOU WILL NOT HARM THE OPERATOR!" Gritlock yells. He hovers over your shoulder, a Vuklok shot charging.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Captain dives backwards as the door closes and then crumples under your momentum. He begins crawling backwards, Nemes rising around him protectively. Two Grineer Lancers fly through the doorway to slam against the wall. The Hek roars and the remaining lancers on the platform cry out.

The Captain hits a button on his armpad and electricity lances out from the walls...

and fries the Nemes. 

"YOU WILL NOT HARM THE OPERATOR!" Gritlock yells. He hovers over your shoulder, a Vuklok shot charging.

(Sorry for the typos. Autocorrect on my phone is a *@##$)

Rovak covers his head with his arm as the captain fires, trying to cover himself. He looked up to Gritlock and pushed through, groaning in pain as the electricity began draining his power. He reached forward and grabbed the grineer captain by his armor. He sheathed the ripkas and started punching him across the face with heavy handed slugs.

On 7/20/2016 at 10:38 AM, Dynamon_X said:

(Sorry for the typos. Autocorrect on my phone is a *@##$)

Rovak covers his head with his arm as the captain fires, trying to cover himself. He looked up to Gritlock and pushed through, groaning in pain as the electricity began draining his power. He reached forward and grabbed the grineer captain by his armor. He sheathed the ripkas and started punching him across the face with heavy handed slugs.

The Grineer Captain's armor shatters underneath your blows. He frantically tries to hit another button, only for the Vuklok shot to "remove" his arm. 

"Wait." He says. "Stop. What do you want? Credits? Weapons?"

On 7/20/2016 at 5:30 AM, Teloch said:

"I meant if there were any problems among over-politicised tenno expressing their views in front of each other, but nevermind. In the place when I came from, everything is regulated via statute, and so no political quarrels appear. Anyway, what are local tenno morale? Do they enjoy the more settled way of life?"

"There were two, a Red Veil and a Hexis fellow. Got into a squabble, had to call in Arbiter Darrin. He gave them a few knocks over the head with his Jet Kitty and they gave eachother no trouble after that." He says. "As for morale, Tenno don't settle here unless they are looking for a 'settled' life."

*An Black & Golden Sotz Scimitar flies down, and slows down it then opens up a comlink* "Rail-Control, This is  Nena Zi'Teer, I'm here requesting to see Zaeed Zi'Teer, is he here?, if not I'll like to request data on where he is and a request to departacher to his location" 

Edited by LegionCynex

*An small Sotz Scimitar flies down, it seems to have a mix of gray and white appel, a light black/gray and white Inaros opens up a video com* "Rail-Control Permission to land?, I'm just here to gather something from a Trader, needing to look for something called "Ducats", Can I proceed?"

On 7/20/2016 at 2:41 AM, LegionCynex said:

*He Looks to the pair and calmly waits for them to ask more questions* "Is there any qeastions about what I've just given you?"

Richard looked to Alan, who shrugged.  Richard looked back at Zaeed.

"I have quite a few questions, actually, so I'll start with the most obvious and work my way to the most concerning."  He paused, seemingly trying to find the proper words for his first question.

"What's the point?  I mean, we can already control our Warframes without shoving our entire consciousness into a body that clearly wasn't designed to hold it."

37 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard looked to Alan, who shrugged.  Richard looked back at Zaeed.

"I have quite a few questions, actually, so I'll start with the most obvious and work my way to the most concerning."  He paused, seemingly trying to find the proper words for his first question.

"What's the point?  I mean, we can already control our Warframes without shoving our entire consciousness into a body that clearly wasn't designed to hold it."

(( Hello!..))

*He looks down, then looks back up* "The point is that some, don't enjoy having a duel body, swapping to frame to frame, like some ghost" *He clears this throat* "Some Tenno grow to like a Frame and not wish to use another, Like the old days, we built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." *He Says, taking a breath* "So, I've wanted to help thos Tenno who wanted to stay true to their frame that they where born to use and grow to enjoy" 

*His Expression turns from cheerful to sadness* "Also..some..are done because they maybe have lost a limb or two, or are too weak in their normal body, and wish to use a stronger and more powerful body" *He clears his throat, his attitude returning to normal* "Also, not designed to handle it is redundant, as your looking at one right now" *He looks to sam* "Also, my friend is another prime example, uh..no pun intended, sam met her and so did some of you, the Syarn Prime back at the stati_..station"..*he looks to his bracer* "Whats going on?, back at the station?"

Edited by LegionCynex

On 7/11/2016 at 4:34 PM, Rakawan said:

"Just like the Arbiter." Gallik says. 

He pauses.

"The Grandmaster would like to speak with you." He says. "He requests your presence on the meditation platform. I can lead you there if you wish."

((GAAAAAAH WORK WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME))

*Rhys nods, calmly.* "By all means, please."

22 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*At the station, Zaeed's ship suddenly begins to attempt to undock on its own, without anyone inside, Autopilot? Hacked? Being Stolen?* 

*The Ship beings to power up, loudly, thrusters turn up the heat and the power core lights up, it hums and its wings begin to spread, there is a loud fan/helicopter like sound at the back, it seems to power up the warp-cooler drive, the ship looks like it attempts to Jump*

21 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*An small Sotz Scimitar flies down, it seems to have a mix of gray and white appel, a light black/gray and white Inaros opens up a video com* "Rail-Control Permission to land?, I'm just here to gather something from a Trader, needing to look for something called "Ducats", Can I proceed?"

(( Reposting both))

On 7/22/2016 at 8:15 PM, LegionCynex said:

(( Hello!..))

*He looks down, then looks back up* "The point is that some, don't enjoy having a duel body, swapping to frame to frame, like some ghost" *He clears this throat* "Some Tenno grow to like a Frame and not wish to use another, Like the old days, we built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." *He Says, taking a breath* "So, I've wanted to help thos Tenno who wanted to stay true to their frame that they where born to use and grow to enjoy" 

*His Expression turns from cheerful to sadness* "Also..some..are done because they maybe have lost a limb or two, or are too weak in their normal body, and wish to use a stronger and more powerful body" *He clears his throat, his attitude returning to normal* "Also, not designed to handle it is redundant, as your looking at one right now" *He looks to sam* "Also, my friend is another prime example, uh..no pun intended, sam met her and so did some of you, the Syarn Prime back at the stati_..station"..*he looks to his bracer* "Whats going on?, back at the station?"

*He Sighs* "In any event, is there something else you need to kown?, also can I get some info on whats going on back in the station?" *He Says*

Richard looked at him curiously.  "A dual body?  You didn't have any problem with it before, did you?  If it's really that big of a deal, we can put you right back in cryostasis on your Orbiter and you can pretend it never happened.  You'd be missing out on the ability to project Focus energy through your Warframe, but since you couldn't do that before, it shouldn't bother you too much if you want to go back to sleep.  As for multiple frames, you can not use other frames with equal ease by any method.  And using your... idea... what if, say, someone decides to use it on their Nekros, and we find Nekros Prime two days later?  And if the frame you are using is destroyed while you're still in your real body?  You can rebuild it, or build another one altogether if the damage is bad enough.  There are zero advantages gained by using this idea you present, and a whole host of problems, weaknesses, and ethical questions associated with it."

He paused.  "As for 'not designed to handle it', let's use you as an example.  Whatever that was that just happened?  I'm betting it's a result of your highly experimental procedure not being as well-thought-out as you present it to be.  We know for a fact that the Warframes were not built around our real bodies originially, and that's because they cannot contain our raw power.  That means using a surrogate body, true, but if you transfer your entire consciousness, your entire being, into this surrogate body, what do you gain?  Because I can tell you what you lose.  You lose the ability to power the Warframe with Void energy from your body: the surrogate bodies simply do not possess that capability.  You lose the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe.  Now, you can argue that not needing to eat is an advantage, and we could stay here all day on that one point, so I'll grant you that it would be about equally helpful as harmful.  But not getting enough sleep?  Your mind is not meant to be awake all the time.  Look at any creature you find, anywhere in the universe, and you'll find they all share one thing - the need to shut down their conscious mind for part of the day to avoid going insane."

He looked at Alan before continuing.  "And lost limbs?  Those can be easily replaced, and weak bodies are to be expected when waking from cryostasis.  Muscle atrophy is an obvious side effect of remaining asleep for that long.  We can rebuild muscles even easier than we can rebuild limbs.  And 'wish to use a stronger body'?  You do use a stronger body when you pilot a Warframe.  That's kind of the definition of a Warframe.  So I'm afraid that nothing of what you've just said makes any sense from a medical ethics standpoint.  There are zero benefits, a multitude of risks, and the procedure itself has not been properly researched or verified by anyone capable of making a sound medical decision.  Ignoring all of that, however, and no offense meant to you, of course, but you're not even a licensed field medic, let alone a physician."  Richard turned to face Alan.  "Councillor, at this time I do not feel that I even need to ask any of the questions regarding the procedure itself before giving my opinion that not only is it inherently dangerous, it is also irresponsible and completely unnecessary.  I can with absolute certainty say that there is no situation that would require as the only possible solution any procedure of this nature, and I therefore immediately propose, with kind regards to Mister Zaeed, that we officially bar any advertising of any procedure of this kind from Phenix until such time as the procedure can be properly researched, conducted by a proper physician, and with the proper safeguards in place.  We should of course consult with Mister Zaeed regularly and often during this process, unless he has an objection to the decision to anyone studying his procedure with the intent to make it safer and more viable as an alternative to the methods we already have that do a better job?"  He looked back at Zaeed.

((sorry about the (late) textwall, but I wanted to ensure that I was being thorough in how Richard would respond to this based on his character profile and the facts that he currently has regarding the situation))

On July 22, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Rakawan said:

The Grineer Captain's armor shatters underneath your blows. He frantically tries to hit another button, only for the Vuklok shot to "remove" his arm. 

"Wait." He says. "Stop. What do you want? Credits? Weapons?"

Ko-Rovak raises his bloody fist, ready for another strike before he pauses. 

"... Do you remember me? Do you remember what I did for the queens?"

He asks in a crazed tone, in between breathless pants.

On 7/17/2016 at 10:13 PM, Unus said:

"A second place, if Tau proved to be a. . . problem. A place that conniving cultist Sarus turned to as a place to hide."

The Chroma nods.

"Yes, the only problem that requires rectification is attempting to triangulate where exactly the station resides or resided, the map stops at the jump point and, while my people's architecture has all the endurance it needs to withstand time's onslaught, the laws of nature can easily play their hand. It could be in a collapsed hill, buried beneath gnarled vines in some thick forest, or even affixed to the bottom of a body of water."

The Chroma places a hand above the depiction of Sol and crushes it, causeing the background to motion-blur back into focus

The Chroma leans down and scoops up the tiny device

"The only evidence I could ever muster is from Sol's projects. If the great machine or network thereof is still functioning, the device's very existance would have an affect on it's surroundings, fostering green growth, purifying air, emitting freshwater. Any of these vital functions could give it away."

The Chroma turns back toward the ship, and begins to walk towards the ramp.

"If it is no longer performing it's duties, our only option would be to refer to your local Orokin Scholar. A view of the world from orbit might. . ."

The Chroma comes to a halt.

Nox follows the chroma, remaining silent for now as he rambles, the trinity carefully considering the possibilities. If the structure were intact fully, it may very well be guarded. If overgrown, difficult to travers, and guarded. Far from impossible for a tenno, but still.

((Soz for the incredibly late reply. Life been hectic of late.))

5 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

((sorry about the (late) textwall, but I wanted to ensure that I was being thorough in how Richard would respond to this based on his character profile and the facts that he currently has regarding the situation))

(( Oh, boy, thats alot to read, and np understandable, I'll respond to this tomorrow, too teird, (in about 10-11 hours) ))

(( Also, I'm also waiting for a response back at the Station, due to his ship will have a tie-in of whats going on here, so I need that boosted too))