Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synergy [OOC, rules, questions, and miscellany]

Yzjdriel

On 6/7/2016 at 3:08 PM, Teloch said:

bummer >__>

Caveat: there's nothing saying you, the Operator, can't wear the frame.  Just note that if you do, dead is dead.  No respawn.  Of course, with this RP, that won't really come up.

Edited by Yzjdriel

Yes. It is possible to modify warframes to be worn if you wish. Also the age gap for the operators is a bit larger than in game. It ranges from 13-32. Older Tenno can be from before the Zarriman, for example another ship.

Wearing a Warframe makes its operation smoother, but also means damage sustained and stress incurred affect the operator. 

A lot of people like the wearing frames thing, and there is not more against it. The only requirement is that your Tenno was in the somatic pod before the events of Second Dream. How they left, and when are up to you.

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Nah, no need to stretch the rules just of one player. Not gonna participate, unfortunately.

We're not actually stretching for that: that is how the universe we're using works.  :)

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

We're not actually stretching for that: that is how the universe we're using works.  :)

Then good thing you clarified that before hordes of pre u-18 rollers took over the thread XD

They are welcome to play as in frame Tenno. Just so long as they acknolwedge that in this universe Second Dream is cannon and others may choose transference. 

This is meant as a middle ground. Those who see themselves as these silent faceless killers can be so. They simply modified their warframes to hold their true bodies (age determined by them) and kept doing what they do.

Question but what is this rp ment to be about and what has happened in it right now?

Can't seem to work out the plot of this rp for some reason (must've been acting stupid or something).

I might consider joining this but i need to know what happened and is happening so i don't make a post completely incorrect and such

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Question but what is this rp ment to be about and what has happened in it right now?

Can't seem to work out the plot of this rp for some reason (must've been acting stupid or something).

I might consider joining this but i need to know what happened and is happening so i don't make a post completely incorrect and such

IT s about a Tenno allied homeworld in a separate star system. Mostly its meant to showcase a world me and some friends designed and to see how Tenno would react to suddenly having a world that could be called home.

As for what has happened. One Tenno has set up a shop, and another is helping out with worksite injuries.

This is the out of character thread. The story thread is Synergy (Open IC Roleplay)

If you want to join jsut go to that and have your character contact rail control. We'll give you the intro. Try to read up a bit on the events if you want. Or ask for news once you reach planetside.

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

IT s about a Tenno allied homeworld in a separate star system. Mostly its meant to showcase a world me and some friends designed and to see how Tenno would react to suddenly having a world that could be called home.

As for what has happened. One Tenno has set up a shop, and another is helping out with worksite injuries.

This is the out of character thread. The story thread is Synergy (Open IC Roleplay)

If you want to join jsut go to that and have your character contact rail control. We'll give you the intro. Try to read up a bit on the events if you want. Or ask for news once you reach planetside.

Alright.

Gonna quickly on which one of my ocs to use quickly

5 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Alright.

Gonna quickly on which one of my ocs to use quickly

Use any, or use all. There are restrictions on anything not in lore. New warframes must be approved. Any sort of power beyond the Tenno must be approved. Just so it can be worked in properly. And to avoid God-moding. There are the Oro-keepers for that.

If they fit in other rp's they probably fit here. If you have questions about the world message me, or ask a character in-verse.

Edited by Rakawan

6 minutes ago, Luthim said:

Could you clarify what the "Fold Engine" is? Is it a location (gateway of some sorts?) or some kind of modification?

Will probably join anyway but got curious.

//Luthim

Tenno ships dock with either a Carrier or an Orbiter. And Orbiter sits in the void and opens a portal to the Tenno ship when needed.

A Carrier actively transports itself and the landing craft to their destination. This means it has to travel vast distances.

This is done using a fold engine, a part of the carrier that can use the void to fold space and time allowing for FTL travel.

Tenno Carriers, Balor Formorians, And a few Orokin ships have Fold Drives, or Fold Engines.

If you have a Carrier instead if an Orbiter and knew the exact coordinates of Phenix you could warp there instead of using the rail.

Keep in mind this would mean suddenly appearing above a planet that has no indication you are coming and believes itself to be secret, or relatively secret. 

tl:dr

If you want you could just show up in orbit. It would be... Interesting... And there would be a lot of questions.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Tenno ships dock with either a Carrier it an Orbiter. And Orbiter sits in the void and opens a portal to the Tenno ship when needed.

A Carrier actively transports theif and the landing craft to their destination. This means it has to travel vast distances.

This is done using a fold engine, a part of the carrier that can use the void to fold space and time allowing for FTL travel.

Tenno Carriers, Balor Formorians, And a few Orokin ships have Fold Drives, or Fold Engines.

tl:dr

Its like a warp drive.

If you have a Carrier instead if an Irbiter and knew the exact coordinates of Phenix you could warp there instead of using the rail.

Keep in mind this would mean suddenly appearing above a planet that has no indication you are coming and believes itself to be secret, or relatively secret.

2nd tl:dr

Yiu could just show up in orbit. It may be... Interesting.

Interesting indeed, and tempting in a way. I'll give it some thought but I probably won't pull off something as grand as that.

Thanks for explaining!

5 minutes ago, Luthim said:

Interesting indeed, and tempting in a way. I'll give it some thought but I probably won't pull off something as grand as that.

Thanks for explaining!

*Thinks of chance to show off defensive response to an unknown ship.* Awwww.

Remember that Phenix is a planet. It has three continents. If your Tenno engages in negotiations it may be possible to set up your own little spot. Things like shops or entertainment ((keep it family friendly)) would be welcome. Things like labs researching the wildlife or new weapons would require a bit of convincing.

Synergy recently came under attack and suffered a good deal of property damage. Tenno offering to contribute to infrastructure, even if privately owned, would be viewed favorably.

Thus is partially an attempt to see what Tenno would do with a homeworld. 

Notes on starting your own area:

Things you control:

Rules of that region. Exception is in city shops or buildings.

Business. You DM business deals, and small occurrences.

Response to crime.

Appearance of your original ideas.

Things I (still) control.

Response to violence in city and other existing areas.

Details about natural wildlife.

Geography and Climate details.

Original Characters native to Synergy.

On 6/12/2016 at 2:23 AM, Teloch said:

Ooh, an annoying jam at the rail exit point. About time to show up 

Lol.  On point as usual, my friend.

In other news, Rakawan ran out of data, so he'll be back in about 7 hours' time.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I join in on this, are there any recent events that I should take note of?

Secondly, are modified frames, weapons, controlled proxies allowed? Physically modified, not speaking about in game modifications. Everything I have is based off canonical weaponry, but some of it is modified from the base form. IE a Trinity prime with a helm looking like a mix between a nyx prime and trinity prime helm due to a foundry screwup, custom link ability etc? Just asking so I don't breach the line of new weaponry without having checked first.

41 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Before I join in on this, are there any recent events that I should take note of?

Secondly, are modified frames, weapons, controlled proxies allowed? Physically modified, not speaking about in game modifications. Everything I have is based off canonical weaponry, but some of it is modified from the base form. IE a Trinity prime with a helm looking like a mix between a nyx prime and trinity prime helm due to a foundry screwup, custom link ability etc? Just asking so I don't breach the line of new weaponry without having checked first.

There is a crashing infested ship. And a tournament where you can challenge other tenno. All apart from custom link ability. 

Could you describe that in more detail?

Edited by Rakawan

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is a crashing infested ship. And a tournament where you can challenge other tenno. All apart from custom link ability. 

Could you describe that in more detail?

Basically, more tweaked than anything. IE, it channels energy rather than having a timer, and can link to allies in range, increasing the benefits of her other abilities. She also has a slightly higher affinity for telekinesis, but not anything combat worthy.