Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Banshee Help

Nahin

Question

So, I know nothing about this frame... I just built it because I found it cool! Ok jk I know what it can do and where she can be used.... but the thing I don't know is from where to start with her... I mean:
1)How can I use her at start without her augmented mods?
2)What weapons to get for her?
3)What mods would pair good with her?
4)Any tips would be appreciated!!
 And remember I ask for starting things!! thanks in advance!!

6 answers to this question

You should give that guide a read ;)

With banshee, key is to just keep moving. You aren't going to last long standing still like a rhino, or even Excal. When your screen goes red indicating health damage, you need to be on the move. If you aren't you will get dropped quickly.

As for weapons, kinda depends on how you want to play. I use Dex Sybaris because i have a Sonar build. Others might use the ignis... it just depends on your playstyle. Banshee requires that you invest a little bit of time into her to find a playstyle that works.

Since you're starting out, try Sonar plus any weapon really. You can even use one of the hand-shotguns like Pyrana, Akjagara, Brakk, etc., you'll be OHKOing almost everything in the solar system if you hit those Sonar spots. You can also use Ignis and spray the room, it's brutal.

I use a melee Banshee, with Furax, not recommended but if you do, learn to abuse Sonic Boom to keep enemies down and set them up for ground finishers.

Edited by MechaTails

For my money, Banshee doesn't really come into her own past early game until you get into Augments.

But once you do, she has the most varied set available. They're all fantastic and they all give her strengths in different areas.

If you really want to try her without them, the general idea is to take a least one highly accurate weapon, Sonar enemies, and stay back out of harm's way. You can use Silence as a reactionary stun if things get too close, or Sonic Boom to push them back. Soundquake is bested used in a team setting against enemies that don't have LoS.

you beginning with her or a Beginner in generall? This is important as she is quite squishy but also has quite the potential for the use of the naramon Focus tree.

In case you've finished the second Dream: work towards naramons Shadow step, keep the range ~100-130% and keep silence going as you play. Silence is just the right ammont of CC to get first strikes going which close in invisibility with this Perk. Equals totall Defense and goes very well with her Sonic Boom as you're bound to be close to thy enemys.

This is of course more effective with auguments but one of her strongest playstyles in generall.

While you don't have augment mods and can't go with augment focused builds I would suggest building around Silence an Sonar with as high range and efficiency and as low as possible duration. So you can use silence as a stun and still benefit from sonar. I see weapon choice being more dependent on what missions you play and what factions you play against, so you can count my advice out on that one. Banshee is quite hard to play early as she is squishy as all hell and has no hard and reliable CC, so good luck with her. Basically range is very beneficial on her and with higher efficiency you should be able to cast more often. Later on you can start thinking about RQ, Resonanse and other builds as they require expensive and time-consuming mods.