Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is redeemer a gud weapon of choice?

xX0SolarHawk0Xx

Question

So, as the title suggests, i would like u readers 2 post ur thoughts here about the redeemer. Im a loki main so redeemer is my go to weapon for almost every mission excpet for synthesis, always accedentaly kill the targets. But, i constantly crit over 100k damage, so uh, dat is pretty broken, also the fact with the default pierce, and redeemer is definitley not slow, evennif it is, u dont need 2 hit a enemy more than once if they die from the first hit, these r my thoughts for redeemer, and The myth of wherenwhen u channel, it chuncks half ur energy, is NOT TRUE. Everytime i channel and shoot, it uses about 10 energy because of life strike. Plz post ur commenta, everything is appreciated ty

Edited by xX0SolarHawk0Xx

Not really. Its damage will eventually fall of just like every other weapon. It is kinda weak for a melee weapon. And as far as shotguns go the Sancti Tigris does more damage. The only way to get the redeemer even close to Sancti Tigris levels of damage is to be invisible. Which will limit your choice of frames dramatically. As for crit's over 100k, I've tested the Redeemer with many builds using invisibility and my numbers aren't that high. So I would assume you are getting stealth damage multiplier from enemy's being unalerted to your presence. Also a highly armored enemy will quickly mitigate a lot of that damage.

Edited by williamsos10

11 minutes ago, xX0SolarHawk0Xx said:

Wait, i ment no stealth kill, just up to the face 100k

You're getting stealth multiplier damage when you do this.  The Redeemer is inherently silent now, so you don't need to get an actual stealth kill to get that multiplier.  Start using it out of stealth and you'll change your mind.

14 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

Yay~

Another "this is op, plz nerf" post. At this point I am hardly taking any of them seriously. I can't wait until this trend falls out of popularity.

Then this should be a refresher because, YOU are the first to ask for the nerf in this thread. Congratulations sir.

There is an easy way to force the Redeemer to do a crap load of damage (100k+ red crits)

Its called Maiming Strike...

When you do a slide attack it adds 90% extra crit chance. Pair this with Blood Rush and you instantly get a red crit machine. What you do is do a regular melee attack and then when its doing the animation for the "gun shot" you slide. 

39 minutes ago, xX0SolarHawk0Xx said:

So, as the title suggests, i would like u readers 2 post ur thoughts here about the redeemer. Im a loki main so redeemer is my go to weapon for almost every mission excpet for synthesis, always accedentaly kill the targets. But, i constantly crit over 100k damage, so uh, dat is pretty broken, also the fact with the default pierce, and redeemer is definitley not slow, evennif it is, u dont need 2 hit a enemy more than once if they die from the first hit, these r my thoughts for redeemer, and The myth of wherenwhen u channel, it chuncks half ur energy, is NOT TRUE. Everytime i channel and shoot, it uses about 10 energy because of life strike. Plz post ur commenta, everything is appreciated ty

22 minutes ago, Windspike said:

You're getting stealth multiplier damage when you do this.  The Redeemer is inherently silent now, so you don't need to get an actual stealth kill to get that multiplier.  Start using it out of stealth and you'll change your mind.

22 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

nah it isnt OP, as it practically is sh*t when u swing it, and its "throw" attack is useless if yo arent invisible :3

Do you guys not use radial blind with this weapon :( (Slight disappointment)

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Do you guys not use radial blind with this weapon :( (Slight disappointment)

I do, but come on, how practical is that? and any glaive can do the same, and any long range melee like polearms or staves can do even better than both as normal attacks also get damage increase, not just finishers

Just now, Bizzaro21 said:

I do, but come on, how practical is that? and any glaive can do the same, and any long range melee like polearms or staves can do even better than both as normal attacks also get damage increase, not just finishers

I wasn't talking about the redeemer finisher....I meant the charge attack combined with radial blind.

Just now, (PS4)skydrive said:

Then this should be a refresher because, YOU are the first to ask for the nerf in this thread. Congratulations sir.

I might have been the first to mention a nerf, I certainly did not ask for one. Thanks for the congratulations though, seems you flipped entirely my actual intentions and made a pun out of it. Congratulations to you too I guess.

Also, I would like to know then what is the point of the post then? Calling something OP and then what? An advice on how to mod it so it is not? This is actually a good guess since this is in player helping players for some reason; but it seems like a really weird request if you ask me.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

I wasn't talking about the redeemer finisher....I meant the charge attack combined with radial blind.

I know, it still isnt broken, any weapon can do that with RB, in fact another weapon`s normal swings would work better lol

7 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

I might have been the first to mention a nerf, I certainly did not ask for one. Thanks for the congratulations though, seems you flipped entirely my actual intentions and made a pun out of it. Congratulations to you too I guess.

Also, I would like to know then what is the point of the post then? Calling something OP and then what? An advice on how to mod it so it is not? This is actually a good guess since this is in player helping players for some reason; but it seems like a really weird request if you ask me.

The point was a player that is not very well experienced with things was asking a question about a weapon he just started using, wondering if it was perhaps the best weapon, or one of the, in the game.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)skydrive said:

Whether or not op used specifically the word "nerf", he said in his title, "is redeemer too op?".

This is pretty much saying without saying, "I think this needs a nerf." So the op was the first to ask for a nerf, whether or not if he's experienced or not, so this is officially a request for a nerf thread.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)skydrive said:

The point was a player that is not very well experienced with things was asking a question about a weapon he just started using, wondering if it was perhaps the best weapon, or one of the, in the game.

Those are the kinds of players though that go "OMG! THIS OP" and then demand nerfs. 

See Power Attack + Barbarian + Two Handed weapon in DnD

36 minutes ago, Rosalyn said:

There is an easy way to force the Redeemer to do a crap load of damage (100k+ red crits)

Its called Maiming Strike...

When you do a slide attack it adds 90% extra crit chance. Pair this with Blood Rush and you instantly get a red crit machine. What you do is do a regular melee attack and then when its doing the animation for the "gun shot" you slide. 

Lol yeah I have maiming strike for my redeemer build as well, I just use it with my naramon for the stealth multiplier/bonus damage.

It is powerful, but it falls off in later levels because it can't trigger combo counter just by the shots, and it isn't crit heavy to really set of blood rush or Naramon.

However, I use it in most stealth missions when I can't fit any other high power single shots in my setup.