Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Valkyr good with all that armor?

(PSN)tarata0tarata

Question

Hello guys

I was taking a look at my blueprints and i noticed i have every part of valkyr. I took a look at the shop and noticed that Valkyr has 600 ARMOR. I mean rhino normal has only 190. Doesnt that make valkyr SUPER SUPER SUPER tanky? Is there something wrong with her cause i dont see anyone using her. I mean 600 armor with the correct equipped mods can tank t4 defence wave 100. Is everything correct with my logic or am i missing something? Is it worth building her?

Thank you in advance.

7 answers to this question

Well she can't really tank T4D to 100 because she can't protect the pod and while she does have some CC there are frames that do it far better, the armor is really negligible from what I can say because most players who use Valkyr use her for Hysteria which is pretty much godmode.

The last time I used her was prior to the Hysteria adjustments but she's very much worth building and quite fun to play I just woulden't take her into a gamemode that involves defending anything, survival or intereception would probably be best if you plan on doing endless modes.

she is very much worth it, even with the reworks coming to console soon. she was designed with the berserker class in mind and she embodies it quite well. the armor allowes her to take hits. combo her 2 and 4 powers and you become and invincible whirlwind of claws.

Rhino has iron skin which makes him able to go quite far and it also means that he doesn't really need healing like life strike.

Valkyr is generally a melee focused warframe. If you want to have fun with a melee weapon (especially slow ones like fragor prime) valkyr is great.

Even with 600 base armor and the warcry buff you have to be careful with her when you go into higher levels. Note that she can also become completely invulnerable with her 4, but then she can only use her claws.

At wave 100 the enemies' damage has already scaled so much that they are still shredding right through valk and all that armor. She is still worth the build but you must manage your expectations. Until enemy scaling is changed CC will always be more valuable than hard defensive numbers. She can still go godmode as mentioned but her damage output at wave 100 will start to suffer. 

Valkyr is my personal favorite Warframe going into high level survival and exterminate, which are two very important game modes, so you should definately consider getting ahold of her. It's mainly her 4th ability that makes her shine, however, providing pretty much invincibility and honestly, I probably would continue using her the same way even if she had 100 armor. I would imagine most people use Valkyr during solo mission because of her reliability, which could explain why you haven't seen many people taking her into groups. If you have the parts, there's no reason not to build her. Just remember to turn off color correction in settings when using her ultimate, as the orange tint can be pretty annoying.

43 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Well she can't really tank T4D to 100 because she can't protect the pod and while she does have some CC there are frames that do it far better, the armor is really negligible from what I can say because most players who use Valkyr use her for Hysteria which is pretty much godmode.

The last time I used her was prior to the Hysteria adjustments but she's very much worth building and quite fun to play I just woulden't take her into a gamemode that involves defending anything, survival or intereception would probably be best if you plan on doing endless modes.

Did interceptions with her till like round 12,14 without eating that much damage so i wouldn't exactly exclude the option. Just need a good strategy with her....

Her Armor IS huge and is even Doubled on your energy when you include QT to her build. 

Her ability CC is nothing special but the possible melee CC (heavy weapon+Tempo) is unrivaled.

And I mean you allways have hysteria when things turn Bad.

Personally, i allways played a warcry build and stopped playing her cause I got bored as hell. This most definitly speaks for her armor.

She's one of my go to solo frames. I used her more before I got Inaros, but I still go back from time to time. I use hysteria sparingly, mostly just to top off health, or if something (say a bombard) really must be dead NOW. There are some fun tactics with her I want to work on, like using her lash to go up to the ceiling of a tall void room and bullet time float down while sniping. Looked fun in a video and I had just never thought of it, shame on me,ha ha.