Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infiltrate

-Amaterasu-

Question

So just curious since I haven't tried it yet does Ivaras augment allow her to bypass all leasers (Grineer Magnet doors, Those Grineer Barriers that spawn on certain spy missions to set of alarms) I was under the impression that it would only be corpus laser doors or something (I guess that's the only thing that I see as "Lasers") but that's clearly not what's pictured in the mod so any confirmation would be appriciated.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

EDIT-- Note: We are finding various exceptions. The Grineer vault with two laser fields that scan up and down over the data console. Those two fields (or at least one of them?) will deal damage and break stealth. Some fields on the underwater sea lab tile set's spy missions are tripping alarms.

EDIT-

On 6/15/2016 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Update: Lunaro
•    Fixed Ivaras Infiltrate Augment Mod not protecting you from lasers in the Orokin Moon, Grineer, and Uranus spy mission tilesets. 

Should be good vs everything now?

---

EDIT June 20, 2016: This one still gets me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtK2QSZaMOM

---

Grineer laser barriers over doors totally ignored. No alarm in spy vaults. (The ones where you shoot the light.)

Grineer spy vault laser beams totally ignored. No alarm triggered.

Grineer orange sensor fields in spy vaults are usually ignored. (Moving/Blinking ones sometimes trip alarms?)

Corpus laser doors totally ignored. (The ones that cameras turn on.)

Corpus spy vault green lasers also totally ignored. No alarm triggered.

Orokin orb trap lasers NOT ignored. Damage received.

Orokin spy vault orange trap lasers NOT ignored. Damage received. Alarms triggered.

Invisible + movement speed buff + no alarms. Welcome to free Spy farming. Enjoy it until they nerf it.

P.S.: Yes, movement speed is affected by power strength. Doesn't seem to be a major difference though. Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude and Intensify feel about the same as normal walking pace. Definitely going to use this aug to make a perma-prowl headshot build with even if they get rid of the laser barrier stuff.

Edited by VKhaun
exception.

If this works on all detection barriers in Spy missions, then this really trivializes all of the vaults. (Invisible AND walk through lasers?!) If not, then I don't really see a good use for it. I can already somersault faster than some frames sprint, so the movement speed doesn't sound very helpful either. Just seems like making Ivara as effective as Loki used to be with Switch Teleport in the vaults.

1 minute ago, Maicael said:

If this works on all detection barriers in Spy missions, then this really trivializes all of the vaults.

Yeah...

I'm headed for that Corpus one where you drop down the long vertical shaft with all the lasers. If I can jump right down through all that... that'd be... eh... a little OP. >.>

2 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Yeah...

I'm headed for that Corpus one where you drop down the long vertical shaft with all the lasers. If I can jump right down through all that... that'd be... eh... a little OP. >.>

I'm not really sure if you answered it in your first post or not, but what about the lasers that "protect" the data terminal that you have to disable with other terminals beneath and to the right? Could you just Prowl right through the top and hack the terminal?

Just now, Maicael said:

I'm not really sure if you answered it in your first post or not, but what about the lasers that "protect" the data terminal that you have to disable with other terminals beneath and to the right? Could you just Prowl right through the top and hack the terminal?

None of the other lasers seem to work, so I'd assume these wouldn't either.

Also... I am so hyped to get home and play now.

Just now, Maicael said:

Not sure which vault you mean, but it looks like the answer is yes regardless. I'm in a Corpus Spy now and I'm able to ignore everything in here as well... I've got my Rakta Cernos on for between vaults, stealth killing stuff to trip the proc for energy to keep going.

The only way I can fail a vault like this is to be an idiot and do one of those look down, crouch jumps which of course breaks her stealth. Not that I just did that and failed a purge... I definitely didn't just do that and fail a purge.

2 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Not sure which vault you mean, but it looks like the answer is yes regardless. I'm in a Corpus Spy now and I'm able to ignore everything in here as well... I've got my Rakta Cernos on for between vaults, stealth killing stuff to trip the proc for energy to keep going.

The only way I can fail a vault like this is to be an idiot and do one of those look down, crouch jumps which of course breaks her stealth. Not that I just did that and failed a purge... I definitely didn't just do that and fail a purge.

Thanks again for testing and updating your post seems like I won't have to do sortie spys solo anymore if I can just run through them before anyone has a chance to mess them up.

1 minute ago, VKhaun said:

It's the Grineer vault with the two laser fields that sweep vertically over the vault console. There is one console to hack above the vault room and one console to hack below the vault room, each disabling one of the two laser fields. There is one console in the back that opens the door to the vault room, but there is also a laser-gated entrance from the front near the top of the room.

5 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Happens to the best of us.

Considering that you are still very slow I wouldn't call this op. Just brings her closer to loki level when it comes to doing spy missions. Sure you have to try hard with this to actually fail, but loki is still a lot faster.

2 minutes ago, gluih said:

Considering that you are still very slow I wouldn't call this op. Just brings her closer to loki level when it comes to doing spy missions. Sure you have to try hard with this to actually fail, but loki is still a lot faster.

Loki also continues to benefit from Energy Siphon and Zenurik passive since he's not a toggle. If you're L337 he's probably the better choice.

14 minutes ago, gluih said:

Well you can still move pretty fast as Ivara if you manuver properly and while I'm sure Loki can still do it faster it's kind of nice to not have to worry about lasers on certain tiles slapping you while you try to hack.

5 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Well you can still move pretty fast as Ivara if you manuver properly and while I'm sure Loki can still do it faster it's kind of nice to not have to worry about lasers on certain tiles slapping you while you try to hack.

Exactly- it is NICE. It's not OP. At least it's not OP compared to what we already have.

1 hour ago, VKhaun said:

Invisible + movement speed buff + no alarms. Welcome to free Spy farming. Enjoy it until they nerf it.

It's not like loki can invis, be faster and switch teleport through lasers.

It was just about time we finally get a female masterrace!

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

It's not like loki can invis, be faster and switch teleport through lasers.

They actually patched that. You get an error saying your target is obstructed now. Not sure how consistent it is though.

Okay, one more edit to my post: Anything that deals damage breaks stealth and therefore make an alarm go off. I think I finally got the vault Maicael one talking about. Grineer vault where two fields move back and forth right over the console itself. Those hit me, damage me, trip the alarm and knock me out of stealth. Got it twice now to double check because I thought I bumped the guy in the room the first time.

Edited by VKhaun
Late edit to cross out bad info since the thread is still active.

Okay, one more edit to my post: Anything that deals damage breaks stealth and therefore make an alarm go off. I think I finally got the vault Maicael one talking about. Grineer vault where two fields move back and forth right over the console itself. Those actually did damage so they did cause an alarm. Got it twice now to double check. I thought I bumped the guy in the room the first time.

Corpus laser doors normally do damage though and the aug ignores them doesn't it?

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

Corpus laser doors normally do damage though and the aug ignores them doesn't it?

I ASSumed it did but... I... actually have no idea...

I can't get a camera to see me and be invisible at the same time solo. XD

Going to try and test now.

I ASSumed it did but... I... actually have no idea...

I can't get a camera to see me and be invisible at the same time solo. XD

Going to try and test now.

Corpus lasers in spy vaults are the same as the ones in the doors though, they both do damage so I'd imagine if you can ignore those then you can ignore the door ones as well

11 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Corpus lasers in spy vaults are the same as the ones in the doors though, they both do damage so I'd imagine if you can ignore those then you can ignore the door ones as well

Yeah... I'm just confused now. I tested to be 100% sure and the laser barriers definitely do not break stealth or deal damage... I guess that one Grineer vault is just an exception or bug.

Edited by VKhaun