Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.14.2

[DE]Megan

22 hours ago, T7Alpha said:

Attention DE can you please nerf banshee as with the new augment a banshee can just kill every single enemy within an entire map within 3 seconds of them spawning and it's not really fun for other teammates. Nice idea, just needs tweaking so that it doesn't completely ruin the game harder than ash bladestorm like it is right now.

Seems a bit harsh to nerf Banshee directly, as the only cheesy thing about her is the new augment. The augment itself should have it's damage increase nerfed, I think. Extra range and damage does seem rather overkill, even if it is DE we're talking about here.

Yes, I'm biased as a Banshee main, but I'm also right. Seeing as it's the augment that's the issue, it would make more sense to nerf tweak it directly.

On 6/12/2016 at 9:55 AM, T7Alpha said:

Attention DE can you please nerf banshee as with the new augment a banshee can just kill every single enemy within an entire map within 3 seconds of them spawning and it's not really fun for other teammates. Nice idea, just needs tweaking so that it doesn't completely ruin the game harder than ash bladestorm like it is right now.

nope

12 hours ago, DwlfTheDuck said:

Seems a bit harsh to nerf Banshee directly, as the only cheesy thing about her is the new augment. The augment itself should have it's damage increase nerfed, I think. Extra range and damage does seem rather overkill, even if it is DE we're talking about here.

Yes, I'm biased as a Banshee main, but I'm also right. Seeing as it's the augment that's the issue, it would make more sense to nerf tweak it directly.

Yeah I agree, I think that's what annoys me about the whole thing too; banshee is balanced until that augment gets thrown on and basically gives her rapidfire RJ.

On 6/14/2016 at 1:51 PM, T7Alpha said:

Yeah I agree, I think that's what annoys me about the whole thing too; banshee is balanced until that augment gets thrown on and basically gives her rapidfire RJ.

What they need to do is change the augment to be directly affected by Banshee's Str/Range % output if it's above/below 150%.
So if the player is going for a max ranged build and the Str is going to be lower than 150% - the damage is heavily affected and it'd be like a pea shooter.
However if the player is going for a more Str heavy build with range being lower than 150%  then the range would be affected so RQ doesn't really expand all that far.

If the power str/range are both around 150% or higher then they won't be able to keep the energy drain at the flat rate of 3/s - meaning it won't be active for very long even with a primed flow. That should help balance it out imo without taking away Banshee's usefulness of being an aoe CC or damage dealer with SQ; it really shouldn't have both to the extent it  has now, it should be either one or the other.

37 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

What they need to do is change the augment to be directly affected by Banshee's Str/Range % output if it's above/below 150%.
So if the player is going for a max ranged build and the Str is going to be lower than 150% - the damage is heavily affected and it'd be like a pea shooter.
However if the player is going for a more Str heavy build with range being lower than 150%  then the range would be affected so RQ doesn't really expand all that far.

If the power str/range are both around 150% or higher then they won't be able to keep the energy drain at the flat rate of 3/s - meaning it won't be active for very long even with a primed flow. That should help balance it out imo without taking away Banshee's usefulness of being an aoe CC or damage dealer with SQ; it really shouldn't have both to the extent it  has now, it should be either one or the other.

Sounds like a good fix to me, especially with her extremely low armor meaning she would need her allies to cover her if she chose the power path or at least a frost snowglobe.

3 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

The base energy cost of Sound Quake is 12/s, so without the augment you can only keep the energy cost at 3/s with a max efficiency build. Once you throw on the augment, you can only maintain 3/s for one second before stacks start to build. the minimum drain that you can maintain at 20 stacks of Resonating Quake is 8/s, since the augment adds 1/s drain per stack. I see no problem with this, as it is the highest minimum energy drain of any ability in the game, so it should be more powerful, especially since it immobilizes the player and takes away their ability to use weapons.

On 6/13/2016 at 9:51 PM, T7Alpha said:

While the augment is perfectly fine for low level Grineer and Corpus content, have you tested out Resonating Quake in Infested or Corrupted? The ancients make Sound Quake deal almost no damage to anything protected by them, making it extremely less useful due to the time to kill added onto those units.

Another argument to make would be nullifiers, which protect any enemy in their bubble, bursas and ospreys, which don't seem to be affected by the CC of Sound Quake, making it much less useful in higher level corpus content. The only real faction that suffers from this augment is grineer, since they have no way of stopping large scale damage+CC.

Edited by Lithorrhage
Cleaning up some bad text.

1 hour ago, Lithorrhage said:

The base energy cost of Sound Quake is 12/s, so without the augment you can only keep the energy cost at 3/s with a max efficiency build. Once you throw on the augment, you can only maintain 3/s for one second before stacks start to build. the minimum drain that you can maintain at 20 stacks of Resonating Quake is 8/s, since the augment adds 1/s drain per stack. I see no problem with this, as it is the highest minimum energy drain of any ability in the game, so it should be more powerful, especially since it immobilizes the player and takes away their ability to use weapons.

While the augment is perfectly fine for low level Grineer and Corpus content, have you tested out Resonating Quake in Infested or Corrupted? The ancients make Sound Quake deal almost no damage to anything protected by them, making it extremely less useful due to the time to kill added onto those units.

Another argument to make would be nullifiers, which protect any enemy in their bubble, bursas and ospreys, which don't seem to be affected by the CC of Sound Quake, making it much less useful in higher level corpus content. The only real faction that suffers from this augment is grineer, since they have no way of stopping large scale damage+CC.

Yes those are valid points but all the other AoE warframe abilities suffer from those things too and generally don't do nearly as much damage.

On another note; I really cannot wait until nullifiers are finally removed; what a cheap and irritating feature; if they replaced them with manics I would party for days.