Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Daggers/Daggers Rework or Buff?

DasBlues

So I've been playing with the Fang Prime for a while and they seem.. underwhelming to me at least. I mean there are the amazing multistrikes and slide attacks don't get me wrong, but the stats for the Fang Prime and daggers in general are pretty lack luster. Dual Dagger are even worse without the ability to use the dagger exclusive Covert Lethality mod, with low damage, low crit chance, and a couple of stances that I feel are a little "Clunky" compared to the new stances from DE. I was thinking that maybe DE could buff up the crit chance or attack speed? To bring up the daggers to a level playing field.
What are your thoughts on this topic? and thoughts on other weapons being OP/UP in warframe?
P.S Still new to the forums so if this is in the wrong topic pls move it.

I support a rework for daggers in general. Right now there's no real reason to use them because, well, they're just this side of machetes in terms of potential. They have low damage, low crits, low status, and most of them are puncture which is only really useful against grineer, and even then not all of them.

Daggers should be crit weapons first and foremost. I'm not expecting them to deal War or Galatine damage, but they should be assassination tools. Spike damage, in otherwords, crit damage.

With the introduction of a melee weapon that can switch between two forms of melee weapon types via switching the stance, i think this actualy has some potential for making both dagger types a bit more even and creates a great basis for some update to the dual daggers.

Here is the thing. I noticed that each single or dual dagger type only exists ONCE. There is no dual version of a single dagger and no single version of a dual dagger. This means there is practically no problem with actualy combining the single and dual daggers into a single weapon type that can be switched via the stance.

In contrast, dual swords have too many different designs involved. Sword and dagger, sword and sword and small axes, which would make the same idea problematic. But not so daggers.

So, as far as i can see, there is neither a technical nor a visual problem standing in the way of combining the single and dual daggers into one weapon type split into two via stances.

Meanwhile this would allow DE to make all single or dual daggers more attractive to those who prefer their characters wielding them double or single.

Of course this kind of combination should come with a second look at the dual daggers in term of stats and animations. So i'm not saying throwing them together, is itself a solution to the problem. But it would be a good motivation to give the duals a new life.