Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All I need to know as a new player +Questions

xSephrone

Question

Greetings,

I've just started few weeks ago to play this game. Currently Mastery Rank 6.

But in general the game doesn't explain things enough. It's like I have to google every single thing about this game.

So I'm just asking what I need to know as a new player. I'm aiming to get proper endgame equipment as fast possible.

I've also got a bunch of plat so i can buy as many weapon/warframe slots as i want, pretty much.

Additionally here are some Questions:

1) Blueprints like Ether Daggers or Chronus. As far as i know Ether Daggers BP are dropped from the Stolen Dreams mission.

Are there other ways to obtain these blueprints as they can't be bought from the market

2) The Syndicate system isnt explained enough. Apparently I can't gain points in a syndicate anymore because I'm already in the negative. So how about a full explenation besides the obvious.

3) How do you gain mastery rank aside from lvling equipment to lvl 30 the first time.

4) What prime parts drop in which void mission?

5) 99% of the time I'm using the Carrier. Just in case, which weapon suits the carrier best? Lets say.... dps-wise?

6) i want to know which warframes and weapons are endgame-efficient aside from prime versions.

Is Tiberon/Boltor/Galatine/Rhino/Valkyr/Frost/Loki (all not prime) endgame-efficient? Everything in comparison to other equipment of course.

7) MARKET:
I want to earn platinum. So in best regards i wanna know everything about the market,prices,prime parts/mod locations. What's efficient and what isnt? Pretty much I want a good Plat/weekend ratio.

8) What are good options to buy with platinum aside from weapon slots

Thx for reading, I appreciate it.

Cheers!

10 answers to this question

1 minute ago, xSephrone said:

1) Blueprints like Ether Daggers or Chronus. As far as i know Ether Daggers BP are dropped from the Stolen Dreams mission.

Are there other ways to obtain these blueprints as they can't be bought from the market

No. Cronus can be gotten from Vor, but there's an urban legend that says the more you kill him, the rarer it gets.

2 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

2) The Syndicate system isnt explained enough. Apparently I can't gain points in a syndicate anymore because I'm already in the negative. So how about a full explenation besides the obvious.

Let's say you equip syndicate A sigil, who's ally with B, opposite to C, and enemy to D. You get an amount of affinity in a mission. 2.5% of that affinity will be converted into standings for A. Half of those points will be added to B as well, and removed from C, and the equivalent of the standings of A will be removed from D.
You're not gaining standings because a) you haven't equipped their sigils or b) you need to "rank up", so they stop hating you. The best syndicate combinations to choose is either the 3 left ones, or 3 right ones. You can get 4 syndicates at the same time, but it's complicated.

5 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

3) How do you gain mastery rank aside from lvling equipment to lvl 30 the first time.

Completing solar map nodes, but it's insignificant.

6 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

Make this your friend whenever you play Warframe: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

7 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

5) 99% of the time I'm using the Carrier. Just in case, which weapon suits the carrier best? Lets say.... dps-wise?

I'm more into leaving sentinels only utility, but I think the best sentinel weapons out there are Sweeper Prime and Vulklok (Diriga).

8 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

6) i want to know which warframes and weapons are endgame-efficient aside from prime versions.

That's a tricky question. The first thing to know is that each warframe has its own role. Even a DPS can differ from the other in terms of damage used, time required to deal that damage, etc. Trinity is probably the only one that is the truly best at what she does, since she obliterates any other support in the game, even with the last changes. 

12 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

Is Tiberon/Boltor/Galatine/Rhino/Valkyr/Frost/Loki (all not prime) endgame-efficient? Everything in comparison to other equipment of course.

Valkyr, Frost and Loki are. Rhino, depends how you build/play him. I like Tiberon, and I don't think it's good vs high lvl content anymore, but it still performs pretty good. I find Boltor meh, and Galatine ok, but again, some weapons are better.

14 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

7) MARKET:
I want to earn platinum. So in best regards i wanna know everything about the market,prices,prime parts/mod locations. What's efficient and what isnt? Pretty much I want a good Plat/weekend ratio.

The best business is selling corrupted mods (usually 20p per unranked mod). Probably rare prime parts too, but they're rare so it's probably not that efficient. 

There's also the kubrow imprint market that has big benefits, but it needs luck and dedication.

https://warframe.market/ This for prices. But don't trust them 100%. It's a free market and prices are always subject to change.

17 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

Event/primed mods, vaulted items, etc. Stuff that can't be acquired by just playing in general. 

Also, a tip for the game: Don't farm, don't grind, don't look for overpowered gear early. Just play for fun and try out everything the game has to offer.

1) Afaik no. They do want to give players the option to replay quests at some point.

2) I never dealt with getting a syndicate out of the negative. The only reason to do that would be is you really want the sigils/syandanas or if you want the team "something" restores. You can just trade for the rest of the items. I can tell you that you can put on the sigils for the syndicate and that if you run stuff for a syndicate that is allied with the one you want to level up you also level that up.

3) basically only the weapons. You get a little bit for unlocking new nodes in the star chart.

4) You can find those on the wiki and there is a list on the forums. The forum list is basically only useful just after a new prime got released because that's when the droptables change and the wiki has to be updated. I just goggle for void rewards and you get 2 lists. One is by mission and the other is by rewards. Some prime parts are not available anymore, so you can only get them by trading or you have to wait until the vault is opened.

5) Get carrier prime, because he dies a lot less. I just use sweeper prime or the prime laser rifle depending on my primary.

6) You can use all warframes. Some will be better than others. It doesn't really have to do with prime or non prime. Generally CC and defensive abilities are more important in the higher levels.
Frost, Rhino, Valkyr and Loki are all still good in higher levels. I haven't tried out any of the weapons you listed in highe level content.

7) Check out warframe.market. People post there to find someone to buy something or to sell something. You can use it to get a good idea of what people pay and if someone has a reasonable price you can just contact them in game.

8) You can buy cosmetics and ofc trade with others for mods, prime parts, special weapons, etc.

Hi! Welcome, Tenno! (8.)In regards to your platinum, I would recommend saving it for slots/aesthetics that you cant obtain otherwise. Your best resource (as I'll list below) is the Wiki. While not everything is 100% correct on it, its usually pretty close.

1. Yes, ether daggers are obtained from the Stolen Dreams mission. Cronus is a BP drop from Cpt. Vor the Mercury boss. Other bps can be obtained in many ways, from Dojo research to market buy to alert drop, to void. It differs per item really, the wiki is a great place to check. (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki)

2. As you gain standing with certain syndicates, you'll gain negative with others. Once you reach the maximum negative on an opposing syndicate, you can go no further. If you decide to switch syndicates and work on those that you have negative rep with it will take longer as you'll have to get out of the negative ranks and then start leveling like normal. If you have already leveled a syndicate to say 4 or 5 and then gain negative to drop back to the bottom, it wont cost you to rank back up, but it will take standing. If you're looking for a full explanation, again I point you to the wiki or someone more versed in syndicates. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

3. Mastery can be gained from one of two things (afaik; I could be wrong), from completing missions for the first time or leveling gear for the first time. Its like an overall affinity gained rank but only for first time affinity. I.E you cant forma a weapon and bring it up to 30 again for more MR.

4. All prime parts except for those vaulted. A list from the wiki:

5. Sweeper/Sweeper Prime is the best weapon for carrier IMHO. Shooting enemies with a shotgun blast twice per second is pretty OP. Of course, the mods make the weapon.

6. Valkyr, Trinity(Even after the recent nerf), Excalibur, and Loki are my goto end game frames. Really almost any frame can be "end-game" aside from a few under powered frames.

7. I personally buy all my platinum, so I cant help you here. My best advice is to stick in trading chat and watch whats current, then find where to farm it.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me with any more questions and I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Edited by SwiftPotato12
Fixed spoiler; Added info

6 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Event/primed mods, vaulted items, etc. Stuff that can't be acquired by just playing in general. 

I don't even know where i can get event/primed mods, vaulted items ,etc.

Thx for the answers.

Also I'd like to know what mods i should focus on and I need some Weapons and builds (one build for rhino cz i like him).

I'm playing for fun and do what i want anyway but in case I want to do the hard stuff i wanna be well(good enough-) equipped.

---
Redirection? Vitality? Vigor? Something like a priority list,

Edited by xSephrone

Tactical Potato has a video guide I'm New What Next? which is a good resource for players to review.

Also bookmark the WARFRAME Wiki as you'll probably end up using it often, especially for Prime Part Drop Locations.

Other than that, most of the above posters already addressed your direct questions. These forums are a decent place for Q&A.

Welcome to Warframe and happy gaming, Tenno.

Welcom to Warframe, fellow tenno.

You right, the game dosen't give enough information about the game which makes it difficult for new players. DE have what called "The Borbon List" or something like that which  include the greatest flaws the game have, one of them is a begginer guide.

For your questions:

1. Either Daggers are only from the Stolen Dreams questline, so don't get rid of it.

2. Each syndicate have an allied syndicate, an oppose syndicate and an enemy syndicate. Getting reputation in one will give you +50% for the allied syndicate, -50% for the oppose syndicate, -100% for the enemy syndicate and the rest of the syndicates remain untouched. You gain reputation by putting your syndicate's sigil on your warframes. In order to continue getting reputation, you must "donate" the items the syndicate require. Negative reputation can't get lower than -44k.

3. You gain MR only from leveling up weapons, frames, sentinels, sentinel's weapons and all the kubrows breeds to 30 and by clearing all the nodes in the solar system.

4. As so:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Void/ByMissions

5. Depends on your play style, there is no wrong or right answer here. The Sweeper is a good weapon.

6. That's a tough question because everyone will give different answer to you. There are weapons and frames which everyone agrees on, but I'll tell you this after playing for two years in this game: the best weapons are those you like most. The same gos for frames and sentinels.

6.5. Tiberon is questionable, I didn't mess around with it much so I can't give you a clear answer. The Boltor Prime is and end-game weapon and probably everyone will agree on this one, the regualar boltor however... When it comes to frames, DE do thier best to make everyone end-game viable. There are people who will say differently and there are some bad frames, and they're right in some points but it's still a matter of opinion. All the frames you mentioned are end-game frames, this is my opinion.

7. Don't bother. In a near future update the market will get a total rework, including the prices. From my experiance in the game, slots for frames, weapons and sentinels are top priority no matter what.

8. Slots and slots. I did almost everything in the game so "FasionFrame" is where I am now: buying cosmetics and color pallets to make the most fabulous frames in the Solar System :D

If you have any more questions, feels free to quote me and ask.

BTW, don't rush with the end game weapons and try to get the as fast as possible, with the grind the game have to offer you will get what you need at some point. Just relax and play.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

2 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

Vaulted items are primes that have been vaulted, which means the only way to obtain them now is to buy them from players who haven them in their inventory.
Primed mods are from Baro Ki'Teer, who comes every two weeks on Fridays to sell stuff that is mainly only available from him. Or from people who bought them from him.
Event mods are mods obtained during events, and are usually non-available afterwards in the game, except if you trade with other players who played the event.

However, some of these items do return to the game for some time (like Frost primed getting unvaulted for a month, Baro Ki'Teer bringing back mods that have been brought already, or event mods being available in a way or another), so if you want to be greedy careful with your platinum, you can wait for them to reappear.

That means the only thing that can be acquired with platinum only is accessories, color pallets, etc. Fashionframe is true endgame.

44 minutes ago, xSephrone said:

Thx for the answers.

Also I'd like to know what mods i should focus on and I need some Weapons and builds (one build for rhino cz i like him).

I'm playing for fun and do what i want anyway but in case I want to do the hard stuff i wanna be well(good enough-) equipped.

---
Redirection? Vitality? Vigor? Something like a priority list,

A good general Rhino build looks like this:

Vitality + steel fiber

Iron shrapnel

Fleeting expertise + streamline (both rank 4)

Transient fortitude + intensify (+power drift if you have the exilus slot unlocked)

continuity or stretch

You probably want to change the aura slot to a - polarity, so you can use either energy siphon or corrosive projection. Iron shrapnel allows you to recast Iron skin. This way you can remove your old iron skin when it gets too low and get it back to fell savely. Without it you would be very vulnerable every time your iron skin is completly removed. Iron skin also scales with power strength and armor, which is why you want to those mods. Otherwise Rhino can be very energy hungry, so fleeting expertise + streamline is very good on him. You want both at rank 4, because then you get the full 175% efficiency and you save 10% duration and some mod capacity compared to when both are maxed out.
You can also make some changes to this build to make it fit your personal preference. Stretch would be good if you want to focus more on Rhino stomp. Continuity is good if you want to use your roar more often. You could also go with blind rage or armored agility for even more iron skin. Redirection if also an option if you want to be even more defensive.
I also switched out fleeting expertise for primed flow. Since I'm using the zenurik focus(If you haven't done it yet try to complete the second dream asap), I get enough energy that way and without fleeting expertise I get more out of roar.

As for event/primed mods. Primed mods are brought by baro kiteer. He shows up every 2 weeks in one of the relays. He also brings other stuff, like special weapons, cosmetics, event mods, sands of inaros quest. Event mods generally just drop in the events and sometimes baro brings them back. Otherwise you can only trade for them with other players.
Vaulted items have been removed from the void drop tables. The only way to get them right now is to trade with other players. Other than that they will show up in the future.

Edited by gluih

Your number one answer for new player questions...

is to read a well written guide.

I've spent more than 2 years writing, rewriting, and streamlining to eliminate as many words as possible, and STILL explain everything.

If your questions are not answered in my guide, then you already have a very solid foundation for the game, and you've moved on to advanced play tactics and situational questions.

22 hours ago, xSephrone said:

Greetings,

I've just started few weeks ago to play this game. Currently Mastery Rank 6.

But in general the game doesn't explain things enough. It's like I have to google every single thing about this game.

So I'm just asking what I need to know as a new player. I'm aiming to get proper endgame equipment as fast possible.

I've also got a bunch of plat so i can buy as many weapon/warframe slots as i want, pretty much.

Additionally here are some Questions:

7) MARKET:

Thx for reading, I appreciate it.

Cheers!

Welcome to Warfarm  Warframe :D 

1.) Cronus from Vor, and Ether Daggers are only from Stolen Dreams.

2.) I don't even know how the system works myself lol

3.) U also get mastery from nodes I think, and you can get kubrows.

4.) Wiki.

5.) I don't use sentinels xD

6.) Haven't tried Frost but I have seen other players, he's great. Valkyr and Loki are efficient for endgame. Rhino has excellent CC with Stomp, I would personally build him for this. Tiberon isn't all that good imo, I don't really like Galatine much (never been a fan of heavy stuff)and Boltor is pretty good. There are better weapons tho, and if you like some of them, I suggest investing in their prime versions.

7.) I usually sell corrupted mods since most of em can net u 20p unranked, somewhere in the 200-300 range maxed I guess. Prime parts take a bit of time to farm considering that the ones people look for the most are the ones which drop in T4 stuff lol.

8.) Depends on how much you got, you can buy rare mods, primed mods (just make sure you got 1mil credits if you're buying through trade) and prime sets. There's also cosmetics, like syandanas, helmets and color packs. (personally wouldn't do this on Loki/Prime since you'd be invisible 99% of the time) 

Edited by Czygen