Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

I'm Sadwyrm. Hi.

... Apparently I wasn't thinking straight when I input my username on Neopets back when I was 7. Because I've been told that if you translate it by syllable(Sad[swedish Säd], Wyrm[Old English Wyrm]), you get something like "Earthworm". Fitting, I guess. Since I have to explicitly mention it was intentional and that I was born in Sweden every time someone points that out. And since most people have looked down on me and called me dirt(among other names). It gets funnier if you Google Translate it completely in Swedish as "Säd orm" because you get "corn snake".

The intended effect was actually "Wyrm" as in "wingless dragon" or "serpent". Still sounds rather silly in retrospect, though.

I AM THE SERPENT THAT PRESIDES OVER GRAIN!!!

I'm Sadwyrm. Hi.

... Apparently I wasn't thinking straight when I input my username on Neopets back when I was 7. Because I've been told that if you translate it by syllable(Sad[swedish Säd], Wyrm[Old English Wyrm]), you get something like "Earthworm". Fitting, I guess. Since I have to explicitly mention it was intentional and that I was born in Sweden every time someone points that out. And since most people have looked down on me and called me dirt(among other names). It gets funnier if you Google Translate it completely in Swedish as "Säd orm" because you get "corn snake".

The intended effect was actually "Wyrm" as in "wingless dragon" or "serpent". Still sounds rather silly in retrospect, though.

I AM THE SERPENT THAT PRESIDES OVER GRAIN!!!

I was mistakenly thought (again) that you loved to see how Wyrm could be sadenned when his master died...

I first had it as ShadowKnight because I thought it sounded cool. 

Then I realized it wasn't what I wanted (anymore) so I tried to come up with something better. I remembered that I had an obsession with space so I tried to change it to AstroKnight but it was already taken (unfortunately). I asked my brother what I should change it to and he said CosmoKnight. The "Knight" part is because I love medieval stuffs and knights look badass.

Edited by CosmoKnight

It was the first thing that came to mind when I made my steam account (Back in CS 1.6 times), so I roll with it all the time. Sadly it's so common that I usually have to slap some random numbers into it, hence the 1098.

Edited by Darkwave1098

Pretty dumb reason to use this Nickname, but i run it on most games now.

Goes back to Diablo II times, i would start playing it with a friend that was a little to deep into picking names.

Until then i would just take my first name Tariel on pretty much everything, of course he didnt like that. 

" You cant just use normal names in RPGs! "

So i and 2 other just picked the first names with a second Letter in it, made him way to angry for such a small thing. No idea why i never changed it, i guess it works good enough so far.

Sshout Oout Tto Kkevin Aand Ssarah, whatever happend to them. (70% sure they sell crack to ghosts now)

Back in the days when I played Battlefield 2142, I was always the support guy. So much so that I made and entirely new account just to rank up Support and focus on that. Being that guy with the big heavy LMG firing dakka everywhere and then throwing out ammo so everyone can join in was priceless, and an amazing bonding practice with randoms. At least in games like that.

From then on I just stuck with theammostore, even going so far as to make up a fake store based on my name with prices and sales figures and things. I still continue that trend today. If I'm not ranking something up, I'm using huge fat LMGs that fire bullet after bullet in ways that would make the Heavy proud, while throwing ammo to my teammates so they can join in.

There's more to this but as it stands, that's what it is.

I used to rolaplay with my brother as a kid and we came up with a name for our vilain = Dakuta.

After outgrowing playing with toys ( hello internet) , I wanted to give my avatars the name Deicide....but it didn't seem appropriate so I fused  it with dakuta = Deidaku ....Sounds way cooler XD

I expressed my dissatisfaction with Neverwinter Nights 2 on it's forums, much to the displeasure of it's fancritters.  The community manager attempted to calm the rabid crowd by telling them, paraphrasing, "It's OK.  We know he's the president of our fan club."  And so, a President was annointed, and quite often annoyed.  This happened during an American Presidential election cycle, around 2004 IIRC.  So, I had plenty of ready made material available for me to Presidentificate over.  After all, I am the final arbiters of all things Presidential.

I swear I've played art least one smite game with you. Same username.

you probably did. I usually played art in conquest amd sometimes in arena^ if u wanna add me on smite feel free im always looking for new ppl to play with

Edit: I feel stupid I mistook a spelling error for artemis ._.

Edited by Phobose

Pretty sure I came up with my incredibly imaginative name playing Quake Wars: Enemy Terrtory. Whatever name I wanted at the time was gone so I took one look at the Strogg, took the word cybernetics and stuck an X in there because it's cool and edgy etc.

Edited by Cybernetix

http://aeriaroleplay.forumotion.com/t175-graal-oh-otonami

It's got a past.

I used to be cptncutleg, cptkickercutleg, the_dudey_dud, Marcus Tyler, Cercius Codasius, etc.

They all have their stories, too long to get into right now.

several years ago, i was fooling around with a female and when we finished (in between gasps for breath) she said "damn...you have magic fingers" and i liked the way it sounded...the rest is history.

I got the same from a massage.

Edited by GraalOhOtonami

Hi guys/ladies ! 

I'm an avid norse mythology and vikings !

Gangleri refer to one of Odin's many nicknames meaning "the wanderer"

But my other username is RedErik, which refer to the viking and a danish beer ! :D

Originally my loyal username was Frankienstein (Frankenstein plus an "i") because I'm in love with Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein". Then I joined a Battlefield Bad Company 2 clan and everytime I logged in our Teamspeak server they referred to me as "Uncle Frank". A long time after leaving that clan I got in love with that nick and now I use it on every game, with sligh changes, like "UncleFrankie" when it's not available (very often)

Anatolius itself means "sunrise", "brilliance","shinning"

something like that

it was also the name of a general

here is a wiki for ya:

Anatolius was a diplomat and general of the Eastern Roman Empire and Consul in 440. He was very influential during the reign of Theodosius II, and held command of the Empire's eastern armies for 13 years and led negotiations with Attila the Hun on several occasions.

Well, I was originally going to just be plain "Phantom" but somebody else had it so I just added the numbers to have something similar. The story behind it, however, is that I've never heard of Warframe until I was sent an email saying that I've won a beta key for the game. Being the curious person that I am, I decided to see what Warframe was by viewing the trailers. There was only two trailers at the time which was the diorama and the more action packed trailer. The action trailer showed a small clip of Ash using smokescreen to attack Grineer soldiers and I was like "Oh my gosh! That guy looks like Phantom!" 

Phantom is a character in my still-in-progress novel, who is a synthetic that can manipulate the shadows to his own will. An ability I've given to shadow-phasers, a group of ninja-ish soldiers, which he is suppose to be a prototype of a "next-gen" type of phaser. 

So then, without any further discussion, doubt, or question, I went on to use the beta key and started to play Warframe. Solely to have the Ash Warframe and to make it feel as close as I can to my novel.